• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What are the odds Cam proves worth $22 mill in 2024?

I think Cam only has to prove worth $16 mil as the other 6mil is forwarded money that has come due.

Salute the nation

I think Cam only has to prove worth $16 mil as the other 6mil is forwarded money that has come due.

Salute the nation
I am sure he will prove every penny worth of it. He has screenshots that he will show everyone when he does anyways at least. True leader of this club. Tomlin favorite for a reason.

I am sure he will prove every penny worth of it. He has screenshots that he will show everyone when he does anyways at least. True leader of this club. Tomlin favorite for a reason.

I definitely think Cam is very near done and will not be able justify the 16 mil, yet alone the 22 mil.

They need to find an amicable way to cut ties after the season.

As for him missing OTAs, it doesn’t matter what his excuse is, it’s voluntary but he should be there no matter what.

Salute the nation

I definitely think Cam is very near done and will not be able justify the 16 mil, yet alone the 22 mil.

As for him missing OTAs, it doesn’t matter what his excuse is, it’s voluntary but he should be there no matter what.

Salute the nation

Hopefully he's working on strength,mobility, flexibility and explosiveness.

I mean 35 is young,but in football years at his bodyweight he's old.

Those hamstrings and adductors will put him down again if he doesn't get into top notch shape before the season starts.

So many players dropping around the league with hamstring and quadriceps injuries early in the season.

I'd figure dropping 10-15 pounds couldn't hurt him either.

Salute the nation
He plays in the trenches. 35 years old. Been in the league since 2011. That’s a lotta wear & tear

Hopefully he's working on strength,mobility, flexibility and explosiveness.

I mean 35 is young,but in football years at his bodyweight he's old.

Those hamstrings and adductors will put him down again if he doesn't get into top notch shape before the season starts.

So many players dropping around the league with hamstring and quadriceps injuries early in the season.

I'd figure dropping 10-15 pounds couldn't hurt him either.
Football years at his age and position on field is ancient.

I can see receivers, corners and DB’s having longevity like a QB if they take care of themselves

I only quoted this so as maybe he (not you BLITZ) could read it twice……………. Maybe that might help………..

Salute the nation
The hypocrisy if on full display: like Cam Heyward lecturing Ben on taking less $ for "the team," you sure like piling on repetition of slamming Tomlin except when it comes to you yourself. Interesting.

The hypocrisy if on full display: like Cam Heyward lecturing Ben on taking less $ for "the team," you sure like piling on repetition of slamming Tomlin except when it comes to you yourself. Interesting.
again, we all want Tomlin gone Dic says it, I say it we all say it. you say it in every thread, every day, multiple times a day.

there could be a thread wishing you a Happy Birthday, and you would say something like, Can't enjoy my birthday till shades is gone.

We get it. you hate shades ,Cam, Harris.

Screw giving him one extra dollar, with his attitude he is gonna want 12 mil a year guaranteed for two years then set his *** on the side line for at least half of those games.
I"m not sure how it works but if he sits out half the games can we choose to not let him play for the year and not pay him a dime?
WORD BOOTY. Well said.

So everyone does know that there are severe unwaivable penalties for holdouts under contract in the CBA, right? For actual camp its 50k per day , and for every mossed preseason game its 1/18th of your salary... if cam held out all three weeks of camp and missed three preseason games, that would be over 3.5 million dollars of non negotiable penalties... plus he could risk losing a year towards ufa if he were to carry over into the season

So everyone does know that there are severe unwaivable penalties for holdouts under contract in the CBA, right? For actual camp its 50k per day , and for every mossed preseason game its 1/18th of your salary... if cam held out all three weeks of camp and missed three preseason games, that would be over 3.5 million dollars of non negotiable penalties... plus he could risk losing a year towards ufa if he were to carry over into the season
https://Invalid Link - Check SN Hom...cussion-with-cam-heyward-regarding-extension/

Not sure that all works, can it not be waved? Cam not ONLY refuses to take a dollar less than his contract calls for, but is demanding an extension. What a total jack@ss.

I have no reason to backpedal for two reasons. I am indifferent to what you think about my opinion. My reaction is because I really don't understand how you came to the conclusions you have about what I have been saying. I actually think anyone that can actually hold more than one thought in their head at a time would read over what I have said and realized it was a very reasoned opinion.
It's simple. People were upset with Cam's comments after the season. Many fans resented what he said about taking a pay cut, and others pointed out his hypocrisy regarding Ben. You vehemently defended him, and insisted that we waited to see how it played out. Well, now it's played out, and Cam is who we thought he is.
You are right as it pertains to Sutton. I am speculating as what it would take. But it hasn't happened yet, which leads me to believe they may be demanding more than the Steelers want to give at this point, if he is really in the mix. Maybe Omar has something up his sleeve. We'll see. And, many times a condition upon trading for someone is a contract rework. Maybe it would be for less in the first year even, who knows. But it happens a lot. Isn't part of Sutton's discontent in Denver his contract?
Fair enough. And yes, Sutton is unhappy with his salary.
If Omar cuts Cam, so be it. Unlike some you, I am not emotionally over the top about Cam Heyward. I do wonder where it comes from. Again, he has been a damn good player and community member. In most situations, this gets a player some leeway. But not Cam. Why? I do admit I have been taken back at the vitriol toward the guy.

There is probably some things we don't know about Cam's situation contractually as well. This is a guy who the season before last had 10 sacks. We don't know how bad he was hurt or how well he is recovering. There is a lot we don't know and see. As for Cam telling fans to screw themselves, for the love, stop being so sensitive. If you where him, what would you do? "Yes, yes, I agree with the fans. Cut my salary!" C'mon.
Most agree that Cam has been a good player in the past. But we're talking about the present here. He's now 35 years old. He's been playing less and less (64% of the snaps in 11 games last season, the lowest percentage by more than 10% in any year seince he became a starter), and his quality of play has dropped radically. For example, in 2022 Heyward had 23 QB hits in 801 snaps. In 2023, he had 3 QB hits in 443 snaps. Yes, THREE TOTAL QB HITS IN 400+ SNAPS.

I'd expect that Heyward, such a valued member of the community, would choose to decline to comment about his contract, rather than insulting knowledgable Steelers fans. Seemed a bit incongrous and out-of-character to me.
Lastly, when I defended Heyward I was consistent on saying it was too early to pass judgement as we did not know where this was going to go. that was my main point all the time. You have to know that after all your research. I even know I said at least once that if we are in a position later in which Heyward is not willing to take a reduction, then yes, he would be a hypocrite. So I am not wrong. It perplexes me how you got so offended by what I have been saying. I guess because I just didn't up and agree right away? I presented other thoughts that didn't align with yours? Does it matter that much if at the end of the day we come to the same conclusion?
But it's not too early to pass judgement anymore. Most of us read the writing on the wall months ago. That's my main point.

It's simple. People were upset with Cam's comments after the season. Many fans resented what he said about taking a pay cut, and others pointed out his hypocrisy regarding Ben. You vehemently defended him, and insisted that we waited to see how it played out. Well, now it's played out, and Cam is who we thought he is.

Fair enough. And yes, Sutton is unhappy with his salary.

Most agree that Cam has been a good player in the past. But we're talking about the present here. He's now 35 years old. He's been playing less and less (64% of the snaps in 11 games last season, the lowest percentage by more than 10% in any year seince he became a starter), and his quality of play has dropped radically. For example, in 2022 Heyward had 23 QB hits in 801 snaps. In 2023, he had 3 QB hits in 443 snaps. Yes, THREE TOTAL QB HITS IN 400+ SNAPS.

I'd expect that Heyward, such a valued member of the community, would choose to decline to comment about his contract, rather than insulting knowledgable Steelers fans. Seemed a bit incongrous and out-of-character to me.

But it's not too early to pass judgement anymore. Most of us read the writing on the wall months ago. That's my main point.
Excellent, well-articulated points. Kudos.

Here is what I do... offer him a two year extention at 7 mil per with incentives that could get him to double digits. then give him a sixteen million dollar signing bonus and let him play for league minimum this season

he would cost about 7 million against the cap this season and if you cut him next year its ten million ish... basically you only commit 1 more million to what he would have gotten this year... if he plays at a pro bowl level he gets paid at a pro bowl level but if not, cutting ties with him is easyp

Here is what I do... offer him a two year extention at 7 mil per with incentives that could get him to double digits. then give him a sixteen million dollar signing bonus and let him play for league minimum this season

he would cost about 7 million against the cap this season and if you cut him next year its ten million ish... basically you only commit 1 more million to what he would have gotten this year... if he plays at a pro bowl level he gets paid at a pro bowl level but if not, cutting ties with him is easyp
I miss the days when you could blackmail people into submission. So much more efficient and very cheap.

I miss the days when you could blackmail people into submission. So much more efficient and very cheap.

Maybe they could “Rocky Balboa” him…………..

Salute the nation