• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What are the odds Cam proves worth $22 mill in 2024?

You and others keep saying that the Steelers have no adequate replacement. I disagree. I think that some rotation of Adams, Lowry, Loudermilk, and Leal can perform just as well as Cam did last season. At a fraction of the price.

I think Cam is done. Hope I'm wrong.
Leal looks like a bust. Loudermilk is a borderline roster player. Lowry is a ok short term option. Adam’s is more of a NT. I dunno I hope you are wrong for me those aren’t attractive long term options.

Leal looks like a bust. Loudermilk is a borderline roster player. Lowry is a ok short term option. Adam’s is more of a NT. I dunno I hope you are wrong for me those aren’t attractive long term options.
Bring in another old vet for pennies on the dollar vs Cam. That is what Cam is at this point. Another old vet....that will be making $16 mill. While asking for an extension with a raise.

Bring in another old vet for pennies on the dollar vs Cam. That is what Cam is at this point. Another old vet....that will be making $16 mill. While asking for an extension with a raise.
What vet? That scrap heap has been picked over pretty good at this point. IMO if they were going to replace Cam it should have been early in free agency. Anywho nothing is stopping them from bringing in a vet now if they happen to find an attractive option. Then they could shovel Leal from the group and upgrade the position.

I think the Steelers will at least see where Cam is at in training camp. If he is looking done they have that option to send him on his way. If he isn’t looking like that you can keep him for a year. Or more if he returned to an acceptable form.

OK, my mistake.

I'd take it one step further, given his ridiculous extension demands, and cut his @ss. But I'm in the minority here.
Well since I started this thread and Cam has since demanded even more $ (on top of his $22 mill cap hit for 2024) I have moved closer to the "then cut his @ss" camp. And, it's of note that Steeler fans are nearly unanimous on the subject: At my last look, fans on FB have 90+% spoken against Cam and his new contract demands. The most common comment on the subject is: You don't build a championship resigning 35-year-old DLman. He's too old, move on.

My guess is Cam has noticed these remarks as he has changed his tone in the last day.

Cam now says on the new contract discussion (paraphrased): "There's discussion on it, but it's not going anywhere. It's not like I expect a new deal tomorrow or anything." But Cam still is showing signs of delusion: “I’m looking to be here. … I want to be valued at my position. … I think when I’m at the top of my game, I’m still a top-5 player at my position.”

It's the part bolded that is the problem. "When I'm at the top of my game?" Like now? No? Like when? Like, at any time moving forward? I think it's notable that Tomlin was on camera giving Cam a big hug. Bosom buddies, which is what was at the core of all of this. Tomlin actually went on record saying how Cam's absence was a blessing at OTAs. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, buddies til the end.

What vet? That scrap heap has been picked over pretty good at this point. IMO if they were going to replace Cam it should have been early in free agency. Anywho nothing is stopping them from bringing in a vet now if they happen to find an attractive option. Then they could shovel Leal from the group and upgrade the position.

I think the Steelers will at least see where Cam is at in training camp. If he is looking done they have that option to send him on his way. If he isn’t looking like that you can keep him for a year. Or more if he returned to an acceptable form.
I wouldn't expect much full effort from Cam or much from his HC asking for it. Tomlin is his good buddy, and being "good buddies" comes before performance. Did you see them hugging at OTAs? Such a "feel good" moment.

I wouldn't expect much full effort from Cam or much from his HC asking for it. Tomlin is his good buddy, and being "good buddies" comes before performance. Did you see them hugging at OTAs? Such a "feel good" moment.
Cam has always gave full effort now you are just making sh!t up so you can diss both of them.
🤦

Cam has always gave full effort now you are just making sh!t up so you can diss both of them.
🤦
You mean the Cam taking himself off the field to catch his breath again? That Cam? OK, there, honey bunch. You just go with your fantasy world visions.

You mean the Cam taking himself off the field to catch his breath again? That Cam? OK, there, honey bunch. You just go with your fantasy world visions.
Cooch STFU this is just a garbage take from your tunnel vision. Just stop.

A lot of players ask for breathers here and there again you are being ridiculous. I could care less who the player is in question … they do it and when they do it is no big deal.

A lot of players ask for breathers here and there again you are being ridiculous. I could care less who the player is in question … they do it and when they do it is no big deal.
To your point. TJ takes himself out a lot. Last year it was on the beginning of drives sometimes. That is kinda weird. But it is TJ so no one complains

To your point. TJ takes himself out a lot. Last year it was on the beginning of drives sometimes. That is kinda weird. But it is TJ so no one complains
Exactly I was thinking of him when I said it. We also don’t know when every player does it but there is more Steelers that do it here and there I am sure of it.

When your 35-year-old DT takes about 60% of the time "off to catch his breath" and at the same time wants a raise, well, a-hum, I care.

Leal and Loudermilk need to step up, without a doubt, but I never said they were long-term options. Just able to perform as a group as well as Heyward did last year. Hopefully Logan Lee can exceed expectations for his draft position and become a viable solution down the road.

When your 35-year-old DT takes about 60% of the time "off to catch his breath" and at the same time wants a raise, well, a-hum, I care.

Link showing the 60% time off to catch his breath ?

Salute the nation

🤦

Coach Lloyd just showing the type of *** he is. Doesn’t talk football, just personal narratives

The pontificating manure mouth doesn't even realize they rotate DL and OLB often and every other couple of series, to keep starter fresh for the 4th quarter. It’s the reason why Benton, Adams, Herbig and Golden had impact when they were in. Benton getting more snaps after the bye.

DRINK already asked, but please don’t tell us you “forgot” where you obtained this statistic. Maybe a Mod should put you in timeout if you keep spouting statements that are not objectively source provided. Adding a link is so simple on the board app. Even a caveman can do it.

Coach Lloyd just showing the type of *** he is. Doesn’t talk football, just personal narratives

The pontificating manure mouth doesn't even realize they rotate DL and OLB often and every other couple of series, to keep starter fresh for the 4th quarter. It’s the reason why Benton, Adams, Herbig and Golden had impact when they were in. Benton getting more snaps after the bye.

DRINK already asked, but please don’t tell us you “forgot” where you obtained this statistic. Maybe a Mod should put you in timeout if you keep spouting statements that are not objectively source provided. Adding a link is so simple on the board app. Even a caveman can do it.
He can’t provide a source he flat out made that crap up.

No, and like the OL was the last few years it's time to invest in some high draft picks on the DL. Benton was a start, we need some more. Hopefully Weidl and Kahn mean biz on those lines.

That read was hard to get thru. Actually most reads anywhere are hard to get thru reads anymore. So much bullshit is added and nonfacts......speculation is the main meat of every arricle anymore.
Especially in the off season