• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What are the odds Cam proves worth $22 mill in 2024?

Cam is here just as much for his MOTY leadership presence and accolades as his point of diminishing returns play at this stage. If he continues to poke the bear off the field, they will figure out they can win 8-9 games without him.

I would rather see a vastly overpaid Cam on Cleveland's sideline sucking down some oxygen after a few plays than on the Steelers side.
I'm curious, I am seeing a lot of this type of reaction for Heyward. Well, maybe not so blunt, but a large response fine letting him walk. Why has this been the general reaction for him as opposed to players in recent memory (Ben, Heath, Troy, Hines, etc.)? I think I have my reasons.

I'm curious, I am seeing a lot of this type of reaction for Heyward. Well, maybe not so blunt, but a large response fine letting him walk. Why has this been the general reaction for him as opposed to players in recent memory (Ben, Heath, Troy, Hines, etc.)? I think I have my reasons.

I like Cam and his contributions to the team. He has been a great player of the Steelers and apparently a great teammate. I would love to see him continue but not if it means to over pay him. The reference to him wheezing on the sideline was a little harsh and was meant more as a dig on Cleveland than Cam.
However, I'm disappointed to see he's actually hinting at joining the Brahns... that's not a good look IMO.

I don't recall any of the players you named being so unbridled in their attempt to get a new contract when they were so far beyond their peak as Cam is. Ben actually reduced his salary, no? And Cam cheered for it. Cam is clearly diminished in his play but he's acting like he is in his prime, he even stated he is in the "top 5" at his position. Really?

I don't recall any of the players you named being so unbridled in their attempt to get a new contract when they were so far beyond their peak as Cam is. Ben actually reduced his salary, no? And Cam cheered for it. Cam is clearly diminished in his play but he's acting like he is in his prime, he even stated he is in the "top 5" at his position. Really?
Hines missed 2 weeks of training camp in a contract dispute. he got more $$ cowher and him were "Buddies"

Last edited:
Your right not close. Hines missed mandatory training camp.
While in the prime of his career and was making absolute peanuts. Heyward is 35 and suffered a major injury last year. It was his worst season since 2016 when he had a torn pec. He's just not going to improve at this point of his career and his production will be on the downside, so any deal will have to be a team-friendly deal. IMO, he doesn't have much leverage in terms of getting terms beyond what the Steelers want. I also think they'd be fine with him walking if his contract demands exceed what they believe is fair.

While in the prime of his career and was making absolute peanuts. Heyward is 35 and suffered a major injury last year. It was his worst season since 2016 when he had a torn pec. He's just not going to improve at this point of his career and his production will be on the downside, so any deal will have to be a team-friendly deal. IMO, he doesn't have much leverage in terms of getting terms beyond what the Steelers want. I also think they'd be fine with him walking if his contract demands exceed what they believe is fair.
Both great Steelers. Both held out for contract extensions. Hines went 2 weeks onto training camp. Hopefully cam understands he should end his career a Steeler

Your right not close. Hines missed mandatory training camp.
Hines was in his prime....Cam is walking on his last leg. HUGE difference.....No? We probably could cut Cam and then resign him for a lesser amount. Let him test the waters of as a FA. Doubt someone signs him for what the Steelers are paying him this year...even if you add a couple of more years into the contract.

Hines was in his prime....Cam is walking on his last leg. HUGE difference.....No? We probably could cut Cam and then resign him for a lesser amount. Let him test the waters of as a FA. Doubt someone signs him for what the Steelers are paying him this year...even if you add a couple of more years into the contract.
no both were under contract. I do agree with everything else you said. Cam is posturing for a last pay day. the Steelers should not fold. But both Hines and Cam were under contract. Hines held out 2 weeks of mandatory training. Cam missed voluntary OTAs.

I think you'd have a tough time coming up with teams willing to pay him the $16 mill of new money for 2024, real tough.

Bettis is also another one who took less money to stay on.

no both were under contract. I do agree with everything else you said. Cam is posturing for a last pay day. the Steelers should not fold. But both Hines and Cam were under contract. Hines held out 2 weeks of mandatory training. Cam missed voluntary OTAs.
Agreed. And who really cares that Cam missed voluntary ota's? Most are having an issue with his current salary or his demand for a new contract simply because of Cam's age. If Cam was 29 things would be a bit different.

Agreed. And who really cares that Cam missed voluntary ota's? Most are having an issue with his current salary or his demand for a new contract simply because of Cam's age. If Cam was 29 things would be a bit different.
Yea, but he's 6 years older and coming off an injury-plagued season, but he wants paid like he's 27. It's ludicrous. His current salary of $16 mill is bad enough but he wants more. 3 MORE years. Asinine. And now he's name dropping our biggest rival as his next home. Shame on him for such cheap tricks. Shame.

Weird Cam is saying all of this after he stated he never wanted to play for another HC.
This kind of goes to the type of leadership Cam has brought to the locker in years past doesn't it? All this crap about playing for the Browns. Wanting an extension. All at the ripe old age of 35 coming off of an injury filled season.
Maybe it is time to move on from him. He could have simply asked his agent to approach the Steelers about a new deal behind the scene. Or maybe he did that already and the Steelers didn't budge. So now Cam is playing the media angle to for the Steelers hand. The one where they release non-volunteers.

Cam simply tell them you are done and want to be released. Be done with it. Problem with that is you won't have that fat paycheck because no team will match that. Cam knows that and the Steelers know that.

So Cam is 35....asking for a new contract.....now saying he will play for another team. Tell which of the others did this? Another angle also is those other players brought us championships. Cam only got is the Walter Payton award.

I sure hope Cam is still taking hos screenshots. Prove me wrong Cam.

Cam is signed......he is here for one more year unless the Steelers choose to release him. Cam can ask for whatever he wants and that doesn't change anything. The problem for the Steelers is Cam isn't a $16 mill guy anymore. So they have to make a decision. They probably just let him play out his contract in the end. Hopefully he balls out.