• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What are the odds Cam proves worth $22 mill in 2024?

He should hope they keep him at current salary. He is overpaid at his age and injury history. If they cut him he can spend more time with his family. If he bad mouths he won't be able to run a successful business in Pittsburgh or sell snack trays at Giant eagle. Be smart Cam.

Cam is signed......he is here for one more year unless the Steelers choose to release him. Cam can ask for whatever he wants and that doesn't change anything. The problem for the Steelers is Cam isn't a $16 mill guy anymore. So they have to make a decision. They probably just let him play out his contract in the end. Hopefully he balls out.
Right, he wants a contract extension and IMO the Steelers are in complete control over the terms if he wants to finish his career here.

Right, he wants a contract extension and IMO the Steelers are in complete control over the terms if he wants to finish his career here.
For me that is why it isn’t a worry. You have him this year, if he doesn’t comply you move on. Not that I don’t like the guy I do. But that is just the reality of the sport. You are good until replaceable. When that time comes that is time to replace you sobeit.

For me that is why it isn’t a worry. You have him this year, if he doesn’t comply you move on. Not that I don’t like the guy I do. But that is just the reality of the sport. You are good until replaceable. When that time comes that is time to replace you sobeit.
Exactly

He’ll play out this year then next year the Steelers will offer him a 2 year deal (that may present itself as 3-4 with voidable years) at what they deem is fair price

He’ll likely then test the market and come crawling back to that best deal he saw (from the Steelers) unless 1 team decides to take that chance….it only takes one.

Hopefully he balls out to make the decision on a number for him next year tougher

Exactly

He’ll play out this year then next year the Steelers will offer him a 2 year deal (that may present itself as 3-4 with voidable years) at what they deem is fair price

He’ll likely then test the market and come crawling back to that best deal he saw (from the Steelers) unless 1 team decides to take that chance….it only takes one.

Hopefully he balls out to make the decision on a number for him next year tougher
Why give him a 2 year deal with 3 or 4 voidable years? Simply offer him what a 36 year old is worth and be done with it. If he wants more you simply move on.

Why give him a 2 year deal with 3 or 4 voidable years? Simply offer him what a 36 year old is worth and be done with it. If he wants more you simply move on.

Sugar coating, makes the offer look bigger and saves face for Cam, in comparison to league averages of salary.

Salute the nation

And in the meantime we have to hear his blow horn, immature threats of playing for the Browns. How insulting, he has completely renounced treating the Rooney family with ANY class after they paid him over $100 mill over his career. How insulting. I don't care what award he won, he is being a petulant child throwing temper tantrums in the checkout line at the grocery store. Grow the F up, Cam. You're being an embarrassment.

beating-a-dead-horse.jpg

Sugar coating, makes the offer look bigger and saves face for Cam, in comparison to league averages of salary.

Salute the nation
Why though at this point sugar coat anything for Cam?

Ego’s are a delicate thing……………..

Salute the nation
Who cares about a 35 yo's ego. Offer him the going rate and he can either take it or leave. I am not even talking about getting a hometown discount from him.

Who cares about a 35 yo's ego. Offer him the going rate and he can either take it or leave. I am not even talking about getting a hometown discount from him.

I hear yaz stillwright, they aren't going to pay him anymore than they think he is worth. It's just going to take him to sign the contract and that ego may play a role in it.

Myself, I say play him out of this year's contract and re-evaluate for next year.

He won't play another 3 years, lucky if he makes this full season and next.

Salute the nation

It is the Rooney way
Respect for players that are in the “family”

Cam is a beloved son to them after bringing home the only hardware this team has seen in a long time.

Not saying it is right, but it is how they operate

It is the Rooney way
Respect for players that are in the “family”

Cam is a beloved son to them after bringing home the only hardware this team has seen in a long time.

Not saying it is right, but it is how they operate
How they opperate? How many contracts have they written that had voidable years? I only thought the league started that a few seasons back. I could be wrong. Cam is a beloved son with one playoff victory. Who is 35. The Steelers most likely will let Cam play out his contract (which is a gift) and then take stock where Cam's level of play is at and what they value it at on a real market value level. Cam will be able to shop around his talents. And things will shake out from there. There is no reason to extend Cam's contract. We don't need the cap space. He is at the tail end of his career. It makes zero sense. I am sure Rooney/Omar/Tomlin have it all figured out.

I've been a Cam supporter for years. But I didn't like his push against Roethlisberger at the end of Ben's career - criticizing his contract extensions/negotiations.
Then comes the complete hypocrite Cam when HE wants a new contract extension with his $$$ demands.

Well that all ended for me when he made his comments on possibly playing elsewhere if he doesn't get an extension. The whole Rooney way went out the window as Cam has officially become a DISGRUNTLED PLAYER-TEAM DISTRACTION. And for that I say SHIP HIM.

Trade Cam and a 2025 2nd round pick to 49'ers for Aiyuk

I've been a Cam supporter for years. But I didn't like his push against Roethlisberger at the end of Ben's career - criticizing his contract extensions/negotiations.
Then comes the complete hypocrite Cam when HE wants a new contract extension with his $$$ demands.

Well that all ended for me when he made his comments on possibly playing elsewhere if he doesn't get an extension. The whole Rooney way went out the window as Cam has officially become a DISGRUNTLED PLAYER-TEAM DISTRACTION. And for that I say SHIP HIM.

Trade Cam and a 2025 2nd round pick to 49'ers for Aiyuk
I couldn't agree more. His hypocrisy is inexcusable. His complaining and threatening to go to the Browns is deplorable. Who the F does he think he is? And his "buddy" Shades accepts it all, while dishing out hugs at OTAs and making excuses for him saying "things were better without Cam here."

Indefensible

I couldn't agree more. His hypocrisy is inexcusable. His complaining and threatening to go to the Browns is deplorable. Who the F does he think he is? And his "buddy" Shades accepts it all, while dishing out hugs at OTAs and making excuses for him saying "things were better without Cam here."

Indefensible

Deplorable. Zing!

70/30