• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What is White Fragility?

First and foremost people need to take accountability for their own actions. This starts with black leaders. Instead of preaching racism and that everyone is out to get them they should be telling communities to educate, parents to be good parents, stay away from gangs / drugs, and just general respect. There are a huge amount of opportunities out there for minorities. It is up to parents / kids / schools to present them properly. Once that culture change is fixed we can revisit the whole white privilege.

At my place a group of kids was walking up the street and they started picking on another girl who was walking by herself. My GF told them to leave her alone and stop being ignorant. This black girl who is like 11 or 12 was like "FU ***** I'm gonna view up there and beat your ***" and she just kept going on. We didn't know any of the kids and this girl was talking to a grown stranger that way.

I love this scene. My, my, how times have changed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyPcVaxwIrY

God help us:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Author of “White Fragility” Dr. Robin DiAngelo was once told that if white people could accept feedback on their often unaware racist assumptions & behaviors it would be “revolutionary” <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FallonAtHome?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#FallonAtHome</a> <a href="https://t.co/H2jEzUEZ9z">pic.twitter.com/H2jEzUEZ9z</a></p>— The Tonight Show (@FallonTonight) <a href="https://twitter.com/FallonTonight/status/1273647055400034307?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 18, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

cslkb3kx1t551.jpg

First and foremost people need to take accountability for their own actions. This starts with black leaders. Instead of preaching racism and that everyone is out to get them they should be telling communities to educate, parents to be good parents, stay away from gangs / drugs, and just general respect. There are a huge amount of opportunities out there for minorities. It is up to parents / kids / schools to present them properly. Once that culture change is fixed we can revisit the whole white privilege.

Your thoughts, Cope? Or is it just a one-way street?

Love John Amos. Have to imagine he's really getting up there in age. And I enjoyed 'Good Times' as a kid. I must be only partially racist.

Loved it too, along with The Jeffersons -- despite copious us of racial epithets "honkey" and zebra."

John Amos was once cut from KC Chiefs IIR. Seemed/seems like a total man's man.

Part of that might be realizing that racism is equal or stronger from black to white than vice versa

.I think you are comfy in your wheelhouse Cope but outside of it there exists an United States that is deep seeded in issues.

Why is it that you hardly ever see black racism towards whites televised?

No cops really are a small part of the problem there is an underlying bigger issue contributing and until that is addressed nothing will change.

Cope is hanging on to a 1950s - 1960 paradigm. That's why stats don't mean anything to him. The only thing that matters is white man bad, orange man bad. He doesn't care about black on white crime. He doesn't care that blacks kill whites at an 80% clip. He doesn't care that almost all interracial rapes are black men raping white women. All he cares about is blaming whitey for a black man being killed by a white democrat....oh but he leaves that part out. The cop was a registered democrat.

Cope is hanging on to a 1950s - 1960 paradigm. That's why stats don't mean anything to him. The only thing that matters is white man bad, orange man bad. He doesn't care about black on white crime. He doesn't care that blacks kill whites at an 80% clip. He doesn't care that almost all interracial rapes are black men raping white women. All he cares about is blaming whitey for a black man being killed by a white democrat....oh but he leaves that part out. The cop was a registered democrat.

He's late to the party, but definitely trying to make up for lost time and street cred.

I guess this is white fragility too...this is my good buddies house who was a nurse that became a police officer to help more people...
104288255_10219707618995421_9049248439478857349_n.jpg

That is his thin blue line flag that was burned in his driveway.

I guess this is white fragility too...this is my good buddies house who was a nurse that became a police officer to help more people...
I would call my insurane to clean the door and maybe get a new flag. But, I would definitely put up the exact same flag and install cameras to notify me when someone entered my property and greet them personally.(greet them personally is all I will say publicly)

I saw some stats the other day for systemic racism that said blacks got paid less for the same job as whites. I would be curious to see the breakdown of this. Minimum wage various greatly from state to state along with location. I doubt a white burger flipper at mcdonalds gets paid 20% more than a black burger flipper at the same mcdonalds. I would like to see a total breakdown of how that was computed. Stats can be so manipulated......

I saw some stats the other day for systemic racism that said blacks got paid less for the same job as whites. I would be curious to see the breakdown of this. Minimum wage various greatly from state to state along with location. I doubt a white burger flipper at mcdonalds gets paid 20% more than a black burger flipper at the same mcdonalds. I would like to see a total breakdown of how that was computed. Stats can be so manipulated......

Compensation stats never take into account education, certifications, experience, previous pay...etc. All of those things can cause 2 people with the same job title to have different pay rates. In addition, what constitutes the same job...is it a generic term like a construction project manager, or superintendent? Well a Super on high rise projects usually gets paid a hell of a lot more than a super that does single family houses. It is too vague to have any real data tied to it.

It's definitely going to take both sides coming together to put an end to this.

You think one side wants to "end" the disputes, and complaints, and rioting, and looting? Really?

A huge number of people in the POC community earn a very good living on the victimhood doctrine. Community organizers, community leaders, non-profit heads, race-based consultants and lawyers, diversity counselors, diversity trainers, diversity advisors, faculty specializing in racial studies or African-American studies, and on and on. Jesus, watch TV and you will see 30 "experts" per day getting paid good money for the ongoing struggle.

They are not going to kill the golden goose; ****, they make sure to feed and clean that goose and reap the rewards.

You think one side wants to "end" the disputes, and complaints, and rioting, and looting? Really?

A huge number of people in the POC community earn a very good living on the victimhood doctrine. Community organizers, community leaders, non-profit heads, race-based consultants and lawyers, diversity counselors, diversity trainers, diversity advisors, faculty specializing in racial studies or African-American studies, and on and on. Jesus, watch TV and you will see 30 "experts" per day getting paid good money for the ongoing struggle.

They are not going to kill the golden goose; ****, they make sure to feed and clean that goose and reap the rewards.

This reminds me of an old joke but it's a funny take on your post.
A blind guy , a deaf guy and a crippled guy are in a bar. Jesus walks in, puts his hand on the blind guy and suddenly he can see. Put his hand on the deaf guy and suddenly he can hear. Jesus approaches the crippled guy and the guy shouts, Don't touch me, I'm on disability. Some people depend on the sickness and don't seek the cure,

104288255_10219707618995421_9049248439478857349_n.jpg

Blue flag as in American flag?

Compensation stats never take into account education, certifications, experience, previous pay...etc. All of those things can cause 2 people with the same job title to have different pay rates. In addition, what constitutes the same job...is it a generic term like a construction project manager, or superintendent? Well a Super on high rise projects usually gets paid a hell of a lot more than a super that does single family houses. It is too vague to have any real data tied to it.

Exactly right. The same problem exists when trying to compare women to men. Which is why when you dig into the numbers and account for those variables then you find women actually make more than men. Women can have the same pay and less danger in the exact same job. When was the last time you saw a woman leading a raid on a house? Never? They are always the ones at the end of the line while the men storm the house first. But they get paid the same.

Man, I'm a fan of irony, and you guys really just keep walking into it. Excellent continued examples. Kudos!