• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What, no kicker thread?

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Chris Boswell hit a 47 yarder and 3 extra points, none of which were an adventure.

He did not miss, and the Steelers win. Hmmmmmmmmm............................

For his first game, he was awesome. The 47 yarder, the 3 extra points and the deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep kick offs. We haven't had a kicker yet that can kick it consistently through the endzone. So far, the kid is a keeper. If he kicks well the rest of the year, Suisham will have a battle come next year.

Kickoffs are super important. Scobee was excellent at KOs, I like that our new kicker can also hit FGs!

I thought the young man did very well for the first time out. After watching his performance, it is difficult to understand why he wasn't in the mix pre-Hartley, pre-Scooby trade....

I liked what a saw last night. Strong leg on the kickoffs. On field goals on extra points, none of the kicks looked worrisome to me. The 47 yarder looked like he could have hit it from 55. The kid did well considering the pressure!

I thought the young man did very well for the first time out. After watching his performance, it is difficult to understand why he wasn't in the mix pre-Hartley, pre-Scooby trade....

He wasn't in the mix pre Hartley because he was on the Giants. They cut him 5 days after we signed Hartley. They resigned him on Sept 2nd, and then released him during the final cutdown period, so he wasn't in the mix at the time of the Scobee trade because he was again on the Giants. We traded for Scobee because he had a good showing against us in the preseason.

I'm ready to give him a 5 year extension today. Compared to the last few weeks can you argue?

My concerns about Boswell's poor preseason kickoff numbers proved to be unfounded. He did a great job.

Nice game by the kid. Wish we had him from the beginning. We'de be at least 4-1 and who knows, might have been a diiferent outcome in NE as well after a couple crucial missed FG's there as well.

Nice game by the kid. Wish we had him from the beginning. We'de be at least 4-1 and who knows, might have been a diiferent outcome in NE as well after a couple crucial missed FG's there as well.

We could be 4-1 but this board wouldn't be half as fun. (hey, I'm a poet and don't know it)

My concerns about Boswell's poor preseason kickoff numbers proved to be unfounded. He did a great job.

I would think that during the preseason the coaches do not want him to kick it out of the end zone so that they can watch their cover teams for evaluation of special teams players. If the ball sails out of the end zone they don't get to cover the kick.

Papillon

I would think that during the preseason the coaches do not want him to kick it out of the end zone so that they can watch their cover teams for evaluation of special teams players. If the ball sails out of the end zone they don't get to cover the kick.

Papillon

There's a lot of holes in that theory, as I pointed out in an earlier thread, but nevertheless it appears that Boswell's leg is indeed strong enough to create touchbacks fairly regularly.

He has a strong leg but doesn't have the veteran tag which teams might give the nod to in a head to head competition,,,,

I think he did very well, and hopefully he can build on his solid performance.

With his arrow pointing up and his above the line play, I won't paint him with a broad brush, but will leave no stone unturned in critiquing him moving forward.

If he can develop a pedigree we might have a keeper.

I did notice a couple of his kicks were within a few feet of the uprights, hopefully they stay that way.

I have to admit that when he was sent out there for the FG attempt I held my breath and covered my eyes.

I have to admit that when he was sent out there for the FG attempt I held my breath and covered my eyes.

A little unsettling, but not quite to this degree. I'm glad he did well and he will be ok in future games as well. Sushi will just be a food joint this time next year. Veteran tag or not, I'm glad this kid is getting his chance.

Salute the nation

WOO-HOO!!!!

our kicker made a FG!

attaboy!

There's a lot of holes in that theory, as I pointed out in an earlier thread, but nevertheless it appears that Boswell's leg is indeed strong enough to create touchbacks fairly regularly.

Not sure what holes you mean, but it really isn't a theory as many teams were actually doing just that and really doing it intentionally, the Steelers were one of them.

Glad to see him connecting....but ill be more impressed when he experiences his first miss, but puts it behind him to nail the next subsequent game winners....that's when you know you have a kicker..how they respond AFTER a miss. Head up, and nail the crucial game deciding kick.

Apparently we released Garrett Hartley from IR yesterday which means he is healthy. If Boz struggles, I guess Hartley could be option E.

Apparently we released Garrett Hartley from IR yesterday which means he is healthy. If Boz struggles, I guess Hartley could be option E.

Hartley is on season ending IR, they can't release him or put him back on the active roster. Each team is only allowed ONE early return IR spot, the Steelers used theirs on Pouncey. I'm not sure where you are getting your info from, but it's not correct.