• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What………. NO Rats week thread———- are we scared— ?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The sun shines on a dogs *** sooner or later, let’s hope this week O’Canada gets sunburned………………….

It doesn’t look good for our boys in B & G, but then again it seems like Tomlin’s team play best when total underdogs.

It is a divisional game so some things get thrown out. Some things are negated with the emotional high that is invovled with the individual players.

ADD in the fact the ”dislike” between the two teams and you might just have a game.

I can’t reverse the negative trend from the O’Canada factor but I can say this “Win / lose / or draw, O’Canada needs to be gone 1minute after game ends. It doesn’t matter how he called this game because he will revert back to his non-NFL clueless OC that he is.

THAT SAID

**** the rats

Salute the nation

The sun shines on a dogs *** sooner or later, let’s hope this week O’Canada gets sunburned………………….

It doesn’t look good for our boys in B & G, but then again it seems like Tomlin’s team play best when total underdogs.

It is a divisional game so some things get thrown out. Some things are negated with the emotional high that is invovled with the individual players.

ADD in the fact the ”dislike” between the two teams and you might just have a game.

I can’t reverse the negative trend from the O’Canada factor but I can say this “Win / lose / or draw, O’Canada needs to be gone 1minute after game ends. It doesn’t matter how he called this game because he will revert back to his non-NFL clueless OC that he is.

THAT SAID

**** the rats

Salute the nation

I got nothing. The wind of positive expectations is out of my sails.

A lot of change needed.
Normally Steelers v Rats is a hard fought 3 point or less game. This one I’m afraid we’re going to get blown out.
Last week a team with a rookie HC, rookie QB, and a practice squad OL hung 30 on us and we scored zero TD’s. I could be wrong but I don’t see that being reversed in one week.

Normally Steelers v Rats is a hard fought 3 point or less game. This one I’m afraid we’re going to get blown out.
Last week a team with a rookie HC, rookie QB, and a practice squad OL hung 30 on us and we scored zero TD’s. I could be wrong but I don’t see that being reversed in one week.

I feel same way. But then the lifelong fan in me says let’s go, we can do this. I’ve always been this way, even when we had what I thought at the time was as bad of offensive coaching I would ever see in the late 90’s. I’m talking about the one and only Ray Sherman. Compared to CanaDUH, that man now looks like Bill Walsh on steroids! 🤣🤦‍♂️

If they play like last week on offense and defense, it could get really ugly. I can see the home crowd booing a lot if it does.

If they play like last week on offense and defense, it could get really ugly. I can see the home crowd booing a lot if it does.
Time for Steelers fans to show up at games with bags on their heads.

I feel same way. But then the lifelong fan in me says let’s go, we can do this. I’ve always been this way, even when we had what I thought at the time was as bad of offensive coaching I would ever see in the late 90’s. I’m talking about the one and only Ray Sherman. Compared to CanaDUH, that man now looks like Bill Walsh on steroids! 🤣🤦‍♂️
It’s sad when Gilbride or Sherman would be an improvement.

Yay its the Rats… Lamar is healthy… it’s like a double bye week! 🤣…..

In all seriousness Lamar does blow monkey chunks against us a lot…

The Rats are getting healthy this week. A lot of guys coming back…

This is the Rats final road division game of the season.

This is also the game before our bye week and their trip to London …

We play the Ratbirds tough and Lame-ar is due for a down game passing… they are trying to convert him into a pocket passer but he basically just needs to run to open things up…

I don’t doubt for a second that we are going to win this game…. Because if not, it night spark legitimate change, and somehow we always win those games….

The offense will have like two good drives in the whole game and every media guy will declare it fixed and point to us leading the division at the ( early) bye…

Top 10 rushing and passing defense. We are going to need a lot from the defense to win this game. Good news is Lamar is still Lamar so a couple of pick sixes and we are right back in it. My guess:
Rats- 16
Steelers- 17

We will get gashed up the middle, mostly by Lamar. He will run for over 100. Houston ran right up the gut on us. We don't have Ben anymore so forget about any second half drives. I predicted 27- 9. Steelers don't get in the endzone. I hate to say it. But it's true.

I'm not really sure how we win this game. With Kenny being gimped i would think we would rely on the run. I'm sure the Ravens will be prepared for that and we will be running into the teeth of the defense and we cant run block as is. I'm not buying "bone bruise" on Kenny either. His knee bent funny it did not get hit that i remember. I don't think the Steelers can run so i foresee many 1 - 3 yrd quick passes that get us no where

I don’t doubt for a second that we are going to win this game…. Because if not, it night spark legitimate change, and somehow we always win those games….
I have a feeling we'll win too, (not by much though and Boz saves the day) and it's because I think they'll actually prepare for it (God forbid) and put in 100% effort after that humiliating loss - even despite Canada's shiit play calling. And if we do manage to win, it just proves we play down to lesser teams (Texans) as many have said for years. That's on the coaches - plain and simple. Play every effing game like it matters. :mad:

I just bought a new 75" TV in honor of the game Sunday! It's a win for sure.
Hide the remote from yourself, or if you have a teenage daughter like mine at the time that used to watch games with me. She threw the remote at the new TV and yelled F*** as she stomped out of family room. Big dent in the screen and an angry mother. Somehow I was to blame. I didn't do ****.

This is me I think its going to be 20 point loss.

I have a feeling we'll win too, (not by much though and Boz saves the day) and it's because I think they'll actually prepare for it (God forbid) and put in 100% effort after that humiliating loss - even despite Canada's shiit play calling. And if we do manage to win, it just proves we play down to lesser teams (Texans) as many have said for years. That's on the coaches - plain and simple. Play every effing game like it matters. :mad:
Like i said elsewhere is they can't X and O their way out of a paper bag. So you will see a game they are out coached , and clinging to their ****** schemes. They lose and then the players frustrated put in a **** ton of effort and squeeze by with a win. After a win they are less frustrated so that frustration element isn't there and the coaches again won't put them in good positions to win so often comes another L. Rinse and repeat. Sometimes they run into other teams that are set up similar which gives them a chance to win back to backs or two well coached teams that has them lose back to backs. That is the Pittsburgh Steelers, Kings of mediocrity.