• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

What's with this cover kids until they are 26 thing?

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
What a bunch of bullshit. Now I provide my employees with healthcare and their kids, and I have to cover their kids until they are 26? When did that become a right, or expected, or ****????

Sure, would be nice, if nobody had to pay for it, but what the living ****???

What a ****** hater

I don't get that either. How can somebody that is old enough to be in the legal majority for everything still be counted as a child for the purposes of insurance?

When did that become a right, or expected, or ****????

2009 when BommaCare was passed. Where you been?

I don't get that either. How can somebody that is old enough to be in the legal majority for everything still be counted as a child for the purposes of insurance?

Because they need coverage since the government ****** up the economy and they can't find full-time jobs with benefits. Of course staying in school until they're 25 to follow their dreams and get that Ph.D. in puppeteering doesn't help.

Last edited:
Why not make it 36 years old with a free house,free school,free healthcare, free car,free phone,free utilities,free food ,free internet and a free computer.

2009 when BommaCare was passed. Where you been?

Because they need coverage since the government ****** up the economy and they can't find full-time jobs with benefits. Of course staying in school until they're 25 to follow their dreams and get that Ph.D. in puppeteering doesn't help.

Funniest_Memes_meeting-at-930-am_797.jpeg

millennial-anti-theft-device-Club-Mid-FB.jpg

My Millennial chillrens are starting to have babies of their own. Wonder how this will turn out.

There are kids in this age group who are offered insurance by their own employers but don't take it because mommy and daddy still cover them. If you are old enough to have a full time job, you are old enough to pay for your own ****.

Just the continued effort of politicians to get folks as dependent as possible on the government. It makes for easy votes and lots of upset people when changes need to be made....

Why not make it 36 years old with a free house,free school,free healthcare, free car,free phone,free utilities,free food ,free internet and a free computer.

What are you, some kind of Democrat?

There are kids in this age group who are offered insurance by their own employers but don't take it because mommy and daddy still cover them. If you are old enough to have a full time job, you are old enough to pay for your own ****.
I fall under the category of having my own healthcare and my parents as a secondary . I have to put mine as a primary.

That said, I think the cutoff should be 22. Allow kids to go through college with healthcare on their parents then figure it out.

Sent from my Pixel using Steeler Nation mobile app

What a bunch of bullshit. Now I provide my employees with healthcare and their kids, and I have to cover their kids until they are 26? When did that become a right, or expected, or ****????

Sure, would be nice, if nobody had to pay for it, but what the living ****???

Devils advocate time. What is up with +family health insurance? Why does an employee's spouse and kids get benefits? Right? Or no, you like that because it's been around for a while?

Devils advocate time. What is up with +family health insurance? Why does an employee's spouse and kids get benefits? Right? Or no, you like that because it's been around for a while?
Maybe because thatd be ****** up to not allow someone's ******* kid or S/O on healthcare?

So one of your kids comes down with Cancer at 24 is semi self sufficient but can't afford health care and doesn't have a career job with a quality health plan. Now what?

In the eyes of the law, that is when they become responsible for themselves.

OK, so spouses are of age to be responsible for themselves, why do they get benefits? They should get their own job and benefits.

So one of your kids comes down with Cancer at 24 is semi self sufficient but can't afford health care and doesn't have a career job with a quality health plan. Now what?

What constitutes health "insurance" in this country is a joke regardless of the source the majority of people receive it from.

Most people would still be bankrupted by the co-pays alone if they were to be inflicted with serious disease or injury.

The cost of medicine is the problem.

Isn't that what Social Security disability is supposed to be for?

I'm not American. I don't know your system well enough. So social security and disability will cover the catastrophic cost of Cancer treatment?

Isn't that what Social Security disability is supposed to be for?

If you have cancer you might be dead before you collect it.

I'm not American. I don't know your system well enough. So social security and disability will cover the catastrophic cost of Cancer treatment?

No. Social Security is simply retirement income that you pay into all your working life then start collecting when you're 62 (less), 65 (normal amount), or 67 (more).
Social Security Disability Income, aka SSDI, can go do anybody who is unable to work. Problem is a lot of people use it as unemployment or early retirement, in other words fraud.
Government health insurance is either Medicare for old folks on Social Security or Medicaid for people on SSDI or welfare. A lot of doctors don't take Medicare patients because the government doesn't pay them very much.

Last edited:
OK, so spouses are of age to be responsible for themselves, why do they get benefits? They should get their own job and benefits.
Are you brain dead? Why the hell shouldn't you be able to take care of your wife on your healthcare? Taking care of a 25 year old kid who should be out doing his/her own **** is different than taking care of your spouse.

They are still part of one family unit. Generally when one reaches adulthood it is the beginning of becoming self sufficient and starting a life where he/she creates a family unit of their own. Otherwise, your arguement could be that generations should all be covered under one insurance plan.

Some spouses DO get their own benefits. It all depends on the plan. coverage, and cost. Should a stay at home mom NOT have insurance because she isn't employed?