• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Wilson, the Russ One. Reports Stiffness in Calf

steelhurt

In Andy I trust....
Reaction score
That’s not good! Hopefully he’s ready for Sunday.
93.7 The Fan reporting this.
It was reported this summer that he sustained the injury pushing a blocking sled at camp.
Why would this new strength and conditioning coach have our 35 year old QB push a blocking sled? Not like Russ is going to be doing any blocking.
Can you imagine him telling Ben to do that. You know how that would have gone down.

Exactly what I’d expect from an old man playing a young man’s game

Maybe Fields will be seen sooner rather than later.

It was reported this summer that he sustained the injury pushing a blocking sled at camp.
Why would this new strength and conditioning coach have our 35 year old QB push a blocking sled? Not like Russ is going to be doing any blocking.
Can you imagine him telling Ben to do that. You know how that would have gone down.
Ready for Sunday? It could be weeks by the sound of it. Genius player management, way to go Mediocre Mike; pressure Russ to come back too early. That's M. Mike's known agenda. We could be looking at an 0-4 start.

Lloyd, relax! He may be ok for Sunday.
Personally if were Art II I would have told Omar to fire the new strength and conditioning coach for making the 35 year old QB push a blocking sled.
That’s just plain ridiculous.

Denver called and told him to fake an injury until week 3 cuz they didn’t want extra egg on their face if he beat them..since they’re the ones paying him he obliged 🤣 😂

In all honesty not much drop-off if Fields has to play

Personally if were Art II I would have told Omar to fire the new strength and conditioning coach for making the 35 year old QB push a blocking sled.
Did the coach make him?

I had read he chose to, basically trying to show off that he was just one of the guys and show how tough he is

I Have zero clue what the truth to that matter is with all the internet hot takes these days and all the misinformation spewed out there in search of clicks

You’re dead on tho, if the coach told him to that’s just plain stupid

Did the coach make him?

I had read he chose to, basically trying to show off that he was just one of the guys and show how tough he is

I Have zero clue what the truth to that matter is with all the internet hot takes these days and all the misinformation spewed out there in search of clicks

Idk Fiji what actually transpired but man that wasn’t a smart thing to have done.

I don't know, doesn't the head man in charge oversea the workouts? It sure would seem like it. Coach Saban sure did at Alabama. He knew what rep and weight every starter was doing. He had daily reports. Would it shock me if Mediocre was more "loosey goosey" with team workouts? It's already been established players felt his practices lacked discipline.

Did the coach make him?

Well if he breaks from a blocking sled,I'd hate to see what a DE/LB will do to him.

Old QB missing practice... Panic... panic....

Lol every old QB misses practices and frankly until gameday I dont believe they are really hurt... typically if a guy misses Friday practice thats the big tell, but if a team has two weeks of practice or more, missing the final Friday is less telling... missing a Thursday is nothing

Look, Tomlin sometimes tries to play Billy Cheatriot head games.. he isnt good at it. Im guessing this is just a overly cautious move being played as a misdirect for Atlanta

Old QB missing practice... Panic... panic....

Lol every old QB misses practices and frankly until gameday I dont believe they are really hurt... typically if a guy misses Friday practice thats the big tell, but if a team has two weeks of practice or more, missing the final Friday is less telling... missing a Thursday is nothing

Look, Tomlin sometimes tries to play Billy Cheatriot head games.. he isnt good at it. Im guessing this is probably just a overly cautious move being played as a misdirect for Atlanta..

They played it safe after the initial calf injury because these ones can be tricky. One of the twitter doctors who cover football mentioned when the injury first happened it could linger into the season. Hopefully this is nothing.

They played it safe after the initial calf injury because these ones can be tricky. One of the twitter doctors who cover football mentioned when the injury first happened it could linger into the season. Hopefully this is nothing.
Just makes me think that O Sunday might not be as sharp as they should be. Hope I am wrong..

Well if he breaks from a blocking sled,I'd hate to see what a DE/LB will do to him.
Well he is old as dirt
Good thing we have the best line in the league
🤦🏻‍♂️

Maybe he just wants Fields to take the beating til the OL gels a bit then he can throw on his cape come in and look like an upgrade as they do…a solid move playing towards that next contract

Awwww damn...I can't wait to hear how this is Coach Tomlin's fault...

But, I do hope Russ heals quickly so he can put a 40 burger up on ATL on Sunday.

Awwww damn...I can't wait to hear how this is Coach Tomlin's fault...

But, I do hope Russ heals quickly so he can put a 40 burger up on ATL on Sunday.
It does seem contradictory that the same coach that allegedly runs such a soft, undisciplined camp is also forcing his geriatric QB to hit the sleds

Is he hard or soft????

Whoa that’s a loaded question

And as always, LOVE the optimism Berm!!!

It does seem contradictory that the same coach that allegedly runs such a soft, undisciplined camp is also forcing his geriatric QB to hit the sleds

Is he hard or soft????

Whoa that’s a loaded question

And as always, LOVE the optimism Berm!!!
It has been heavily established he runs an undisciplined camp and practices, that much we DO know. But he turns around and allows tackling to the ground, something virtually no other coach in the NFL does, so figure it out.