• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

11days until Training Camp

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Who are your picks for “ camp phenoms “ aka guys nobody sees coming making a push for the roster

As far as rookies go, everyone is going to be on Trice’s train, and he has a legit chance as a seventh round guy, but I think Alfonzo Graham has an easier path as a udfa RB.

There almost certainly will be a couple low key practice squad DBs alongside Trice pushing for a roster spot as well… Duke Dawson is a fifth year player that had some early success before an injury wiped out his 2021season. He was on our PS last year. He has a chance to backup or even displace Sullivan at slot.
Another guy is Elijah Riley… who was a really raw Safety out of Army… The Jets stole him off tge Eagles PS, and he started a few games for them, but then cut him last season and he spent the season between our ps and active roster…

One more potential guy is on in tge WR room… no not Jordan Byrd, who probably will be electric as a KR… but I think pure KRs are not going to have any impact in the new NFL special teams landscape… Dez Fitzpatrick… a former titans pick..He ended last season with us and he has a boatload of potential. Very reminiscent of a Yancey Thigpen type

Assuming the top 4 WR spots are locked in and that its going to be tough to get Miles Boykin out of that 5th spot… the sixth wr is going to be a bloodbath battle between Butler, Fitzpatrick, Cody White, along with gunner and Byrd making noise at ST…

I don’t think Gunner has a chance at making the 53, unless injury bug hits.

I thin k Jones, at LT, will make a resounding “START” day one that is indisputable. Obviously not a low keyed bottom pile rookie, but many here were saying let him sit a year to learn…… **** that as you don’t buy a 1st rounder to sit for a YEAR.

Our “player’s “ coach, most certainly has some sorting to do and I hope like hell it’s talent and not politics that keeps players.

Salute the nation

The ILB and WR crews are the story IMO. They have too many and guys need to step up and show that they have the "it" to stay.

I'd like to see some of that new fullback kid. I know he isn't likely to make the team. If he shows grit and giddyup he might stick somewhere.

I'd like to see some of that new fullback kid. I know he isn't likely to make the team. If he shows grit and giddyup he might stick somewhere.
He could be a practice squad add if he looks well and still doesn't make the cut. Too early in the process to give my prediction who will surprise and make the 53. But WR gets my early nod for the most likely area to see a new face. Depth is better overall in most areas than in years past so it won't be easy for an undrafted to make it. But there is a WR and inside corner spot that might see that surprise addition.

His name is who cares. Tomlin is going with Harvin because he is a Tomlin guy.

That’s the part that is hilarious,……… despite obvious to everyone, Coach Tomlin will keep the lesser player
due to just that (his guy).

Salute the nation

The most important thing is how is Canaduh going to run the O. They will be vanilla in the preseason but we still should see them use the middle of the field more. If not, we are in trouble. He is the biggest question mark going into this season.

The most important thing is how is Canaduh going to run the O. They will be vanilla in the preseason but we still should see them use the middle of the field more. If not, we are in trouble. He is the biggest question mark going into this season.

Yes SIR, fully agree.!!!

There isn’t a single NFL team that would include him on their coaching staff roster, yet alone season 3.

Salute the nation

They’ll be vanilla all season long. They have been for the last three years at least.

They’ll be vanilla all season long. They have been for the last three years at least.
And, that will hinder KP's growth and how the other players play/look. The only good thing is if the OL is much improved, the running game should be better. But, if we aren't throwing downfield, they will stack the box like the last 2 years and the run game still won't improve much.

I worry about the center position. If starter gets hurt , Kendrick green, the human turnstile, will play. We saw him before. He is more of an usher than an offensive linemen.

The NFL isn’t a “learning” curve type employment, that’s what college is for.

O’Canada has been on that “curve” since day one. Has he progressed…………

If he is going to break out, then this should be his year………???

One can only hope, once the season starts we will have a better indication.

I’m in the boat of ”hoping for the step up” as we are stuck with the guy…… like it or not.

Salute the nation

Canada's lack of effectiveness plus tomlins shackles equals bottom 1/3 offensive production.

Canada's lack of effectiveness plus tomlins shackles equals bottom 1/3 offensive production.

The running game alone should help elevate that offensive ranking. To be competitive, I think they need to be top 10 offense but unfortunately they will land somewhere in the 18-14 rank. If O’Canada can actually utilize the pass game intertwined with the run / play action and screen…….. skip all the stupid do nothing motion crap…… just maybe they might get close.

Salute the nation

People seem to forget Tomlin's "We do our thing and don't worry about what the other team's weaknesses are" philosophy of football. Canada sucks, but Tomlin is this guy, too.

I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that Tomlin shackles an already subpar offensive coordinator. It's truly mind boggling.

And, that will hinder KP's growth and how the other players play/look. The only good thing is if the OL is much improved, the running game should be better. But, if we aren't throwing downfield, they will stack the box like the last 2 years and the run game still won't improve much.
I don't think Green will be on the team. There are 2 or 3 other players that can play C and probably a good bit better than him. I think they are giving him a chance but barring injuries, I just can't see him making the team.