• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

2-1 Canes.
Only guy who showed up was Jarry.
Good game kid.

The rest of the Pens? Wow!

Something is wrong in Pittsburgh. This team has a world of talent and no heart. They showed up with about 5 minutes to go. Sure had a lot of energy for a team that got ran up and down the ice for 55 minutes. This team is ******. All your tradeable pieces are on IR. Good luck with that.

Mailing it in. I see Crosby had 1 shot on goal for the whole game. Did he switch from offense to defense? Glad I don't get to see that many games. Half *** effort just kills me in games.

No matter how bad our defense is, you have to score goals to win hockey games. Kessel is the only one having a decent season.

Jarry had a good game with lackluster support.

Mailing it in. I see Crosby had 1 shot on goal for the whole game. Did he switch from offense to defense? Glad I don't get to see that many games. Half *** effort just kills me in games.

He gets in on rushes.
Rather than taking the opportunity to shoot and the lanes are there.
He looks to set up his linemates

And now the player many have been screaming for......... The Pens have recalled Daniel Sprong !

Is he the savior of the season though? :/

He scored a hat trick his last game. That may be as close as we get, LOL.

The Pens have been conservative with him all along. This may be a desperation move. At 20 years old, the kid could be a force moving forward. Got my fingers crossed on this one.

He scored a hat trick his last game. That may be as close as we get, LOL.

The Pens have been conservative with him all along. This may be a desperation move. At 20 years old, the kid could be a force moving forward. Got my fingers crossed on this one.

I agree.

I think it's time to get his nhl/Pens career started.
Hopefully he kick starts this offensive scoring.

I'm still under the impression this team goes as Sid does atm.
Sucks becausw he's creating or having so many opportunities to score, but looks for the pass instead

I agree.

I think it's time to get his nhl/Pens career started.
Hopefully he kick starts this offensive scoring.

I'm still under the impression this team goes as Sid does atm.
Sucks becausw he's creating or having so many opportunities to score, but looks for the pass instead

Sid's pass first mentality has really held the Pen's back this year. He's had such a rotation of wingers that many times no one is there. Sully has been looking for the right combination. Let them play together long enough to create a flow.

Reactions: MTC
Sid's pass first mentality has really held the Pen's back this year. He's had such a rotation of wingers that many times no one is there. Sully has been looking for the right combination. Let them play together long enough to create a flow.

And, insist that Sid start shooting!!!

Yeah no one has had a chance to gel either

Man! No intensity from the Pens.
Solid 1st period.
Looks to be a snoozer

Sheahans line with Hagelin and Sprong looks very good.

Sid's still trying too much centering passes.
He needs to take over a shift.

Malkin, Hornqvist, Kessel are gelling a bit. I like the flow of the game now.
Hunnwick hustles a ton on defense too

Crossing my fingers they flip the switch in the 3rd.

Does Sid play hockey anymore? Looks to me he is out there just for the exercise.

Crossing my fingers they flip the switch in the 3rd.

They look good.
A couple of mental mistakes led to Detroits 3rd goal.
Overall, Pens are showing a spark.

The effort is there

Does Sid play hockey anymore? Looks to me he is out there just for the exercise.

This.

His line. Everytime he has possession, he goes to either wing side or behind the opposing goalie and goes for a centering pass.
Maybe he's pissed at Sully?

Sid no shoot!
******* bless Sid!

Murray may be hurt got ran into

We suck. It's just that bad. fundamentals are poor, hustle is not there, Geno has to lead the league in turnovers, Sid has to lead the league in ABSOUTELY NOTHING, and our defense looks like the local high school could beat them.

We suck. It's just that bad. fundamentals are poor, hustle is not there, Geno has to lead the league in turnovers, Sid has to lead the league in ABSOUTELY NOTHING, and our defense looks like the local high school could beat them.

Eh it's just not our year.
The margin for error is really thin.
I don't think the Pens can climb out of the hole they dug.

It's not so much of a talent issue. It's more of a passionate, and under utilization issue imo.
And to be honest, Tocchet's absence is showing.

I can go down with this team. Nothing I can do anyways.
It's been such a weird season.
But I expected fatigue. I didn't think this bad. But oh well

at this point, Sid should be the only player not available. Everyone else is fair game after the efforts on this road trip. Two goals in two games? Will not cut it. There really is no cohesion. Beginning to be hard to watch the boys and that's rather sad.