• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

3/11 - Tsunami

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
Good watch / reminder.

So you tree hugging ******* remember mother will shake us off like a fly when she is ready.

"This video is private"

There was a lot of death today in Turkiye and Syria with a very large earthquake

That video is insane, ICS. Where did you find it?

Also, 18:20 mark. Guy in car that begins floating, as he watches semis get swept away like wood chips, calmly stating, "The buildings raise the water level."

P.S. I am guessing not a lot of us have traveled to Japan. Good friend of mine lived a year there and taught English and said it is the most ordered, well-mannered society he has ever seen. After the tsunami and disastrous flooding, fires, any looting? Nope.

So I’m throwing this out again because eventually its going to happen…

Every 250 to 300 years the pacific has had a massive earthquake that caused a massively large tsunami that devastates the pacific coast for many miles inland… this is no secret… its in the geologic data like clockwork…
If you look at the data, we are like 50 years past due for it… basically it’s bound to happen… we built entire cities on areas that are routinely wiped out and are coasting on a massive run of good fortune…

That will end… probably pretty soon… and millions might die…

And much like Katrina, all the government lackies understand the danger… they simply ignore it because they don’t have a good solution for it and don’t want to panic people…

So I’m throwing this out again because eventually its going to happen…

Every 250 to 300 years the pacific has had a massive earthquake that caused a massively large tsunami that devastates the pacific coast for many miles inland… this is no secret… its in the geologic data like clockwork…
If you look at the data, we are like 50 years past due for it… basically it’s bound to happen… we built entire cities on areas that are routinely wiped out and are coasting on a massive run of good fortune…

That will end… probably pretty soon… and millions might die…

And much like Katrina, all the government lackies understand the danger… they simply ignore it because they don’t have a good solution for it and don’t want to panic people…

There's no solution other than not living on the coast. If you evacuate as soon as the earthquake happens, then you have a better shot of survival.

P.S. I am guessing not a lot of us have traveled to Japan. Good friend of mine lived a year there and taught English and said it is the most ordered, well-mannered society he has ever seen. After the tsunami and disastrous flooding, fires, any looting? Nope.
Yeah thats because they are a homogenous society with strong cohesiveness and shared values.

I've been. Mainland and Okinawa. One of my favorite places on earth. A good people. A good society. Truly.

That video is insane, ICS. Where did you find it?

Also, 18:20 mark. Guy in car that begins floating, as he watches semis get swept away like wood chips, calmly stating, "The buildings raise the water level."
Just fell in my feed.

Just fell in my feed.

I watched so many of those when it happened. I've seen beheadings, mass executions, hangings, earthquakes, etc. All which haunted me in different ways.

But tsunamis are evil in such a different way. It's like silent. Like hey high water is coming. Cool. Let's walk backwards.

No one recognizes the massive billions of pounds of power that's coming. And it doesn't even look that bad as it approaches. "Woah, hey some high water. Let's walk upstairs." Then it takes down 15 buildings, lifts up tanker trucks, wipes out barriers and when you see that it's too late and you are done.

There's no solution other than not living on the coast. If you evacuate as soon as the earthquake happens, then you have a better shot of survival.
There are zones where if you literally got in a car and drive as fast as possible you still would not outrun it… they won’t even move the schools there to slightly higher ground where it theoretically could stand a chance because it’s inconvenient… they will do what tgey did for a ton of these critical disaster probabilities… ignore it then blame it on global warming when it happens