• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Another school shooting. The poor kids. And Parents. It’s sickening.

The cops should have just shot the gun out of his hands. Problem solved. I've seen it done in movies.
On Walking Dead they get a head shot first time every time. Easy peezy. You don't even have to use the sights.

On Walking Dead they get a head shot first time every time. Easy peezy. You don't even have to use the sights.
Only a highly trained person who practices active shooting should do a head shot, if you have a rifle and if it's clear behind the person. That bullet is going right through the head and into something else. If you're point blank away maybe with a handgun, but the best bet is always center mass, just like you practice with target shooting.

Only a highly trained person who practices active shooting should do a head shot, if you have a rifle and if it's clear behind the person. That bullet is going right through the head and into something else. If you're point blank away maybe with a handgun, but the best bet is always center mass, just like you practice with target shooting.
That's why my carry weapon is loaded with hollow points. Until it was lost overboard when the fishing boat capsized.
If I ever got someone with a head shot it would only be dumb luck because my shot went high.

This just gets worse and worse. I would expect this in ***** Cali or NY, but not Texas.

As The Texas Shooter Killed Children, Police Cuffed And Pepper-Sprayed Parents Trying To Get In The Building​

The day after a gunman killed 19 children and two teachers at Robb Elementary School, in Uvalde, Texas

REUTERS/Marco Bello

Daily Caller News Foundation logo

LAUREL DUGGANSOCIAL ISSUES AND CULTURE REPORTER
May 26, 20224:34 PM ET
FONT SIZE:

Law enforcement officers pepper-sprayed and handcuffed parents who tried to enter Robb Elementary School to retrieve their children during a Monday mass shooting, a mother who was at the scene told The Wall Street Journal.

Angeli Rose Gomez drove 40 miles to the school, where her children are in second and third grade, upon hearing about the shooting and found police standing outside the building, according to the WSJ. Gomez and other parents urged the officers to enter the school with increasing intensity until authorities began detaining them.
“They were just standing outside the fence. They weren’t going in there or running anywhere,” she told the WSJ. (RELATED: Texas Gunman Was In The Classroom For Half An Hour Before Law Enforcement Stormed In. Why?)

Police tackled a father to the ground and used pepper spray on another man, Gomez told the WSJ. Federal marshals handcuffed Gomez and told her she was being arrested after she demanded they go into the building, but she had police officers she knew convince the marshals to remove the cuffs, she told the WSJ.

Gomez eventually ran into the school, got her two kids and sprinted away, according to the WSJ. After the shooting ended, she saw police use a taser on a father approaching a bus to retrieve his child.
“They didn’t do that to the shooter, but they did that to us. That’s how it felt,” Gomez told the WSJ.
Law enforcement officers engaged the gunman as he entered the classroom, but the shooter barricaded himself inside for between 30 and 60 minutes, during which time he shot and killed 19 students and two teachers, according to multiple sources. The police did not breach the classroom until about an hour after the shooter entered, when they got a staff member to unlock the door with a key, according to the Associated Press.
The Uvalde Police Department and the local Border Patrol office did not respond to The Daily Caller News Foundation’s requests for comment.

People are still arguing about the 'cause'

As a society, we are morally bankrupt. See below for more evidence.

So your saying the feds bought all this stuff for the kid so he could get shot and die? Even if they gave him 10 million dollars it is of 0 use of he is dead or in jail which were the only possible outcomes.
Let's say someone targeted a suicidal angry kid to push an anti gun agenda. I could see supplying a gun, and ammo, but not a 70k truck. Should be looked into how he got the $$$ though.

So your saying the feds bought all this stuff for the kid so he could get shot and die? Even if they gave him 10 million dollars it is of 0 use of he is dead or in jail which were the only possible outcomes.
Let's say someone targeted a suicidal angry kid to push an anti gun agenda. I could see supplying a gun, and ammo, but not a 70k truck. Should be looked into how he got the $$$ though.
Maybe he made a shitload of $50 bets and everyone paid up.

It's one of two things, someone left him some money or they set this all up. It looks more like a set up,if all of these things are true. It doesn't add up.
If it disappears like the Vegas shooting, you will know.

As an aside I'm getting ripped on teacher's groups on facebook.

Having read all the comments, I still feel today's parenting and access to the internet and violent video games play a huge role in this.

I was fortunate in that I had a mother at home and a dad that worked full-time and none of the internet stuff in the '70's and '80's. She kept me in line and I wasn't given **** except for a roof, a bed and food....I had to mow grass for the neighbors to buy anything. I bought a BB gun and fishing rods and my own mower.

Retired military with countless years and hours firing everything...everything. I live in Massachusetts and I'm starting to come around with the laws of this Commonwealth.
1. Mandatory Gun Safety class graduation to purchase (Commonwealth had a list of possible classes to choose)
2. Multiple level license required before you can purchase a gun or ammo
3. License is approved thru local Sherriff from each town. Mandatory face-to-face with the Sherriff and declare my intent before license issue. (different licenses from hunting, collector, concealed carry). I was approved for a concealed carry and I had to wait 6 months for the appointment and then issues a license card with photo and town identified. You are also issued a 4-digit PIN you have to enter like an ATM when you buy anything.

There are some gun laws here that I do not agree but understand their intent. They limit magazines to 10 rounds, 5 rounds on fixed tube semi-auto shotguns. They also have a roster of approved firearms you can buy...if it's not on the roster, you cannot purchase anywhere...even from an FFL. FFLs will also not accept or process from out of state purchases if not on the roster. They can lose their license. BTW, the MA rules makes it impossible to make a short barrel shotgun. Even if you get a tax stamp, there is zero way to buy or create one.

You can argue about the #1 thru #3 above but I'm starting to think it's not unreasonable....and I get the whole slippery slope analogy.

Retired military with countless years and hours firing everything...everything. I live in Massachusetts and I'm starting to come around with the laws of this Commonwealth.
1. Mandatory Gun Safety class graduation to purchase (Commonwealth had a list of possible classes to choose)
3. License is approved thru local Sherriff from each town. Mandatory face-to-face with the Sherriff and declare my intent before license issue. (different licenses from hunting, collector, concealed carry). I was approved for a concealed carry and I had to wait 6 months for the appointment and then issues a license card with photo and town identified. You are also issued a 4-digit PIN you have to enter like an ATM when you buy anything.

There are some gun laws here that I do not agree but understand their intent. They limit magazines to 10 rounds, 5 rounds on fixed tube semi-auto shotguns. They also have a roster of approved firearms you can buy...if it's not on the roster, you cannot purchase anywhere...even from an FFL. FFLs will also not accept or process from out of state purchases if not on the roster. They can lose their license. BTW, the MA rules makes it impossible to make a short barrel shotgun. Even if you get a tax stamp, there is zero way to buy or create one.

You can argue about the #1 thru #3 above but I'm starting to think it's not unreasonable....and I get the whole slippery slope analogy.
Shall not be infringed means shall not be infringed. This is why!1653706182362.png

If we had an honest government we could trust,it could work. We don't. For God's sake they wanted to look at parents going to school meetings as domestic terrorists. Yeah, I can see a bunch of people getting disarmed quick.

All kinds of people would get stuck on lists. All of you combat vets think they won't list you as trained killers who could be a threat, you'd be wrong. They probably already see you as a threat and move to disarm you.

You can't legislate the darkness that's filling society away. If they could then Chicago would be like sesame street.

The door was propped open. The ******* door was propped open. This simply would not have happened otherwise. ****.

If it disappears like the Vegas shooting, you will know.

As an aside I'm getting ripped on teacher's groups on facebook.
that certainly disappeared didn't it? We were supposed to get a full report that October, but it went away like a fart. Nothing. All of the witnesses on the ground seeing people shooting and leaving in black vehicles were told to hand over their phones.

This incident, I can't get over the police letting an active shooter IN. A. SCHOOL. and not going in for almost a hour. That's not fathomable to me. A plain clothed border agent took it upon himself to enter the school and end the threat. I think I'm a reasonable person, but this stinks. No more lies and BS, the parents needs to know WHY. Why were they told to stand down?

I’m sick to death of seeing something like this happen, and it gets turned into a circus. Nobody blamed the sick, demented shooter. They all went on TV and blamed guns. Like clockwork. The ******* problem is not guns and I’m tired of the dishonesty every time this happens and the failure to address the real issues surrounding this crap.

What’s even more shocking is seeing people that own weapons, have never hurt or even considered hurting anyone with those weapons say they would gladly give them up. For what? What does that help? It’s the dumbest ****.

I got news for you. I’m not giving up ****. I’m well trained, well heeled, and well stocked. At the rate this nation is descending into the sewer, only a moron would give up what is likely the only security a person has. **** that.

You are right Sarge. What does Joe Depends do, but to make a statement about guns right away, as it went in the school and shot it up by itself. Paul Stanley(Libs spokesperson) comes out with a statement that we need to dismiss mental illness as a cause. These people have one agenda: to disarm responsible gun owners, but let the criminals and unstable roam free, as many become helpless.

I have no clue what the cops were doing. Said they were in the school hallway 45 minutes before breaching? I'm not sure how anyone let alone police / security could stand there for 45 minutes while kids were being mowed down in a room. In sure alot of them have young kids if their own.