• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Are there any left?

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Tomlin apologist??? It's funny alot of people here, on social media, on sports talk radio (callers and host) said Ben was holding this organization, Tomlin, and Canada back for a few years (IDIOTS). Then it was, well Tomlin deserves to get a QB and start over, after that it was well Canada is holding us back, we need to fire him, blah, blah, blah.

Are there any people that actually think Tomlin shouldn't go, are there anymore excuses for him?

See plenty of them on social media. Right now, injuries are to blame and Tomlin doesn't have quality players. If he only had healthy quality players, the Steelers would win it all every year.

I wonder if they realize that Tomlin has a hand in those players being there.

I still like Tomlin. I still think he can figure it out. I also wouldn’t be opposed to him retiring. I am also annoyed I have to defend my liking Tomlin and be called an apologist for it.
No one said anything about liking or hating, this is about this team looking like a dumpster fire and have the excuses finally run out for Tomlin or are there still more excuses for him? HOF QB gone, 3 OC's gone, new young 1st round QB, do we need a new Stadium?

No one said anything about liking or hating, this is about this team looking like a dumpster fire and have the excuses finally run out for Tomlin or are there still more excuses for him? HOF QB gone, 3 OC's gone, new young 1st round QB, do we need a new Stadium?

When you lose a playoff game 45-42 and fire ... the OFFENSIVE coordinator, you know something is off. Way off.

Excuses have run out many a moon ago. There will always be an excuse of some kind, but the bottom line is what you do inspite of that excuse. Obviously, HC Tomlin can’t do much, and revels in the excuse so as not to be responsible.

Salute the nation

People every day get terminated for below average performance over a period of time. It has nothing to do with them being bad people or them not being liked. It has everything to do with job performance. We see coaches terminated all the time for far less than Tomlin’s mediocre results.
Why is it Tomlin cannot be held accountable?

Lots of injuries every year… the strength and conditioning coach has been here since 07…. Probably his fault..

9-8 baby, here we come… great coaches always barely have a winning season …

Lots of injuries every year… the strength and conditioning coach has been here since 07…. Probably his fault..

9-8 baby, here we come… great coaches always barely have a winning season …

I have always question that too Mad. You can go back to my older posts years ago and see I questioned why they always had the injuries. It's always something. Do you remember years ago when Tomlin got criticized for pushing the team too hard? Too hard on them at practice... Man that was a long time ago.

The whole thing from Tomlin down needs dumped and rebuilt. It's never been elite. It's never been cutting edge. The only time this team has been a contender is if they had HOF talent on both sides of the ball. Especially at QB.

Stop and think about how many times over the years Tomlin was out coached in games. Hope you have all day because it's a LONG list.

It's the same old story with shades. Bottom line is as bad as this team is, this team with Big Ben has atleast 2 or 3 more wins and on there way to a playoff game with nobody calling for Tomlin to be fired. Tomlin no longer has his HOF QB shielding him from reality.

It's the same old story with shades. Bottom line is as bad as this team is, this team with Big Ben has atleast 2 or 3 more wins and on there way to a playoff game with nobody calling for Tomlin to be fired. Tomlin no longer has his HOF QB shielding him from reality.

Big ben was a Once in a lifetime talent tgat could play instinctively at a high level with a crap oline and dumbass offense.

And even with him we really sheltered his passing game for the first 4 years of his career.

We will never find that guy again because he just doesn’t exist.. we need to adapt our offense to fit a normal QB.. we can’t play for fourth quarter comebacks every game.. that isn’t a good gameplan

See plenty of them on social media. Right now, injuries are to blame and Tomlin doesn't have quality players. If he only had healthy quality players, the Steelers would win it all every year.

I wonder if they realize that Tomlin has a hand in those players being there.
Yes. On social media the Tomlin Fan Club will never give up on their guy. Any problems or losses are someone else’s fault.
Never a losing season, greatest coach ever, and if you disagree you’re a racist.
Although the TFC has been fairly quiet the last few weeks.

It's amazing how many are still left. Trust me, the Rich Eisens, Mike Greenburg, the national media will not change their tune. They love Tomlin, not sure why but they won't ever say a bad word about the guy. It's actually weird.

The losing consecutive home games to 10 loss teams may have been the final straw for me.

I had thought for me the final straw was the dumpster-fire playoff loss to the Browns where we pooped the bed in the 1st quarter. With Blake Bortles and the Jags playoff loss still fresh in our collective memory. And the pattern of losing to inferior teams year after year after year.

But I returned. Hope had risen anew after our nice little preseason, even spent big $$$ on the NFLST this year.

Should’ve known better.

It's amazing how many are still left. Trust me, the Rich Eisens, Mike Greenburg, the national media will not change their tune. They love Tomlin, not sure why but they won't ever say a bad word about the guy. It's actually weird.
I'd like to ask those guys, without looking, how many playoff games have the Steelers won since their last super bowl appearance? I think there's a thought with the national guys that we are in the playoffs and winning playoff games often.

I'd like to ask those guys, without looking, how many playoff games have the Steelers won since their last super bowl appearance? I think there's a thought with the national guys that we are in the playoffs and winning playoff games often.
QBR.

Tomlin apologist??? It's funny alot of people here, on social media, on sports talk radio (callers and host) said Ben was holding this organization, Tomlin, and Canada back for a few years (IDIOTS). Then it was, well Tomlin deserves to get a QB and start over, after that it was well Canada is holding us back, we need to fire him, blah, blah, blah.

Are there any people that actually think Tomlin shouldn't go, are there anymore excuses for him?
Tomlin absolutely squandered Ben's prime from 2011 - 2019. No argument here. Had the triple Bs and a stout D and won nothing.
However, make no mistake, Ben was cooked his final 2-3 years, especially the final two.
No matter what crayola / silly puddy offense anyone strung together, he was easy to scheme defensively because he couldn't stretch the field anymore and lost some zip.
And hey, this isn't me bagging on him. But when athletes' bodies go, they go.
No matter how much you take care of yourself, and exercise, and eat right, etc., whether you're a world class professional athlete or Joe Schmo, age wears out the body, and the body has a shelf life for peak performance.
Tomlin and the Steelers owe EVERY player from that decade of 2010 - 2020 an apology, including Ben, for squandering the talent they had and wasted.
But like someone already pointed out, the excuse gun is fully loaded ( fired OC mid-season, starting QB done for season, all ILBs lost to injury, Minkah and Cam missed multiple games, etc ) and the Steelers don't fire their head coaches.
The ONLY hope we have is the ol' Rooney special of not renewing his contract.
And I will lose my FN mind if that contract is renewed. It is LONG past time get a new coach in here.
The last two weeks is the most UN-Steeler thing I've EVER witnessed in my 45+ year fandom.

Tomlin absolutely squandered Ben's prime from 2011 - 2019. No argument here. Had the triple Bs and a stout D and won nothing.
However, make no mistake, Ben was cooked his final 2-3 years, especially the final two.
No matter what crayola / silly puddy offense anyone strung together, he was easy to scheme defensively because he couldn't stretch the field anymore and lost some zip.
And hey, this isn't me bagging on him. But when athletes' bodies go, they go.
No matter how much you take care of yourself, and exercise, and eat right, etc., whether you're a world class professional athlete or Joe Schmo, age wears out the body, and the body has a shelf life for peak performance.
Tomlin and the Steelers owe EVERY player from that decade of 2010 - 2020 an apology, including Ben, for squandering the talent they had and wasted.
But like someone already pointed out, the excuse gun is fully loaded ( fired OC mid-season, starting QB done for season, all ILBs lost to injury, Minkah and Cam missed multiple games, etc ) and the Steelers don't fire their head coaches.
The ONLY hope we have is the ol' Rooney special of not renewing his contract.
And I will lose my FN mind if that contract is renewed. It is LONG past time get a new coach in here.
The last two weeks is the most UN-Steeler thing I've EVER witnessed in my 45+ year fandom.
no ben wasn't what he was those last couple season's, but in 2020 after elbow surgery he still had 33 TD's and completed 66% of his passes, and he threw plenty of passes that year that showed he had enough zip on his passes, the Oline was garbage because we ignored it for years in the draft, that was the biggest difference between that Ben and prime Ben, he couldn't drag that **** oline up and down the field anymore. We've been running this **** conservative offense no matter who the QB has been or who the OC is, this is Tomlin's crap offense.

Hell 2021 vs Cincy, we called a screen to Harris on like 4th and 10, Tomlin said we ran out of plays, WTF?