• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Are We Headed For a 2nd Civil War?

Are We?

• Yes

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • I don't want to think about it

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
What's happening now isn't just a light that can be turned off. As much as I'm sure we all would prefer to just agree to disagree and go on with our lives, we are split to the very core and it isn't that simple, unfortunately. There seems to be no wiggle room. It's a scary prospect, but a potentially real prospect; so what's going to happen?

Last edited:
I think after the election things will die down. But not necessarily reverse the divide that is in place. Depending on your faith we could be headed for something much bigger. Not sure if a civil war would take place but also not so sure the young millennials would prevail if they pushed for one.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

i think this is the 60s in reverse. the 60s spurred change that needed to happen. we need to change as a nation. we did. what is happening now is absolute crazy. in the 60s they rioted for change and most of us on this board would have been standing beside them or the ones rioting.

this group? they riot for tvs or to better themselves. they stand behind a idea, turn the idea into something else and set **** on fire.

BLOAT

Remember if you will not submit to the leftists controlling every aspect of your life they will happily murder you.

There will not be a 2nd civil war. Conservatives (by and large) are afraid to even admit that they are conservatives unless they are in a group of like minded people. You think they are gonna fight a war? Nah.

I wanna say yes but I know deep down that Sarge is right, conservatives ain't marchin' nowhere anytime soon. Defend yes--attack no.

image6.png
3dsizt.jpg

The thing for me was when both NFAC and the 3 Percenters had opposing rallies in the same place over the weekend. Very few 3 Percenters showed up. NFAC did, from as far away as Oregon. In fact so few 3 Percenters showed up that they have now been nicknamed the 1 Percenters.

On a side note, the NFAC guys had a negligent discharge that wounded three of their own people.

Ain't no conservatives fighting a war. You can barely get them out to protest. Gonna be interested to see just what happens in the event Trump loses and if the Dems hold the House and re-take the Senate.

The thing for me was when both NFAC and the 3 Percenters had opposing rallies in the same place over the weekend. Very few 3 Percenters showed up. NFAC did, from as far away as Oregon. In fact so few 3 Percenters showed up that they have now been nicknamed the 1 Percenters.

On a side note, the NFAC guys had a negligent discharge that wounded three of their own people.

Ain't no conservatives fighting a war. You can barely get them out to protest. Gonna be interested to see just what happens in the event Trump loses and if the Dems hold the House and re-take the Senate.

Well... as much as I want a majority to go ahead and make the laws they want, then we all live with the consequences, that isn't what happens.

The stupid philabuster exists. So EVEN if the democrats control all three chambers you have to remember that would be no different than Trump's first two years in office. And he had a hell of time passing anything other than the tax reform package. And every executive order by Biden will be challenged by DA's in Texas and Alaska and conservative states.

And really, you can't get MORE LIBERAL than RBG on the Supreme Court so that would be, at worst, status quo.

Then the midterms happen in 2022 and most likely the Republicans re-take the Senate.

It's just a broken system. It's broken when Republicans have it. It's just as broken when Democrats have it. Sure, the executive branch regulatory agencies will go liberal. They will be much more intrusive in business. They will define their power over-broadly. They will act like crazy tree-huggers again.

And we will all survive and complain until the next election.

Look, I don't agree much with protests or marches. Conservatives are too logical for that. We know it takes the long road. We know it's about voting. We complain with our pocket books or lack of interest.

I just don't think 4 years of Biden is worth a civil war. And I can't honestly see any crazy piece of legislation being passed.

I don't know how communism has become "okay" to some people. When you are young, it's an appealing ideal. But it is fool's gold. And most people with experience in the world know that. Do not take the crazy ideologies of Twitter and young people as some fact our country is turning for the worst. Old folks back in the 1960's thought the same thing. But a lot of those hippies grew up to be Reagan conservatives. Remember that.

Conservative values WIN over the long course of life. It is reality.

We can only hope to lead by example. Remain vigilant in our views. Remain consistent and fair. Those ideals win.

Not likely. Civil wars are fought over money or when one group tries to seize political power without a fair election. I think what's more likely is civil disobedience defined as the refusal to comply with certain laws or to pay taxes and fines, as a peaceful form of political protest.

The extreme left has never been about compromise, and now it appears that Joe Biden is aligned with them. To accomplish their goals the radical left if they ever have a majority could do the following:

Add more justices to the supreme court for their agenda.

Add Washington DC and Puerto Rico as States to get 4 democratic senators, and 11-15 more house or representatives.

Greatly resist the 2nd amendment.

Use federal funds for abortion.

Grant Animosity to people who did not come here legally.

Institute racial quotas.

You'd better get out and vote, there is a lot riding on this election. Covid-19 has crippled the economy, and taken away Trump's ability to campaign. For Biden, the more he says quiet, the better off he is.

I don't really pay attention to polls this far out. With 45 days they are somewhat relevant in battleground states. IMO Trump needs to hit the road, and broadcast live speeches with a famous outdoor background in the states of MN, NH, NC, WI, PA, ME, TX, and GA.

There will not be a 2nd civil war. Conservatives (by and large) are afraid to even admit that they are conservatives unless they are in a group of like minded people. You think they are gonna fight a war? Nah.

Don't get it twisted.

Not wanting to fire the first shots and being unwilling to fight back are NOT the same thing. We will only be pushed so far.

Not likely. Civil wars are fought over money or when one group tries to seize political power without a fair election. I think what's more likely is civil disobedience defined as the refusal to comply with certain laws or to pay taxes and fines, as a peaceful form of political protest.

The extreme left has never been about compromise, and now it appears that Joe Biden is aligned with them. To accomplish their goals the radical left if they ever have a majority could do the following:

Add Washington DC and Puerto Rico as States to get 4 democratic senators, and 11-15 more house or representatives.

Institute racial quotas.

You'd better get out and vote, there is a lot riding on this election. Covid-19 has crippled the economy, and taken away Trump's ability to campaign. For Biden, the more he says quiet, the better off he is.

I don't really pay attention to polls this far out. With 45 days they are somewhat relevant in battleground states. IMO Trump needs to hit the road, and broadcast live speeches with a famous outdoor background in the states of MN, NH, NC, WI, PA, ME, TX, and GA.

I will comment about this.

People are re-writing history that the civil war was all about slavery. But in reality the slavery issue was an issue because the country was adding states and the South was losing their political clout.

If the Democrats somehow add states (and I really think that's almost impossible) and change the balance of representation in the House and Senate, that COULD start a civil war. Because at that point, democrats could gain super-majority and that could be very dangerous toward changing the Constitution. Again, just like slavery and civil war, history will look back and say the CHANGING of the Constitution is what set off the civil war, but in reality it would be the addition of states and the creation of a super-majority on a big issue.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. In 2014 (or maybe 2016), Republicans controlled 33 or 34 of the 50 state governments (at least one chamber and governor). Conservatives in this country (including those at the federal level) should have pushed more for a convention of states to change some things about federal power. They had a very brief window of opportunity that might be lost forever. Too many politicians were short-sighted and power hunger to take power away from Washington when they had a chance.

Don't get it twisted.

Not wanting to fire the first shots and being unwilling to fight back are NOT the same thing. We will only be pushed so far.

Exactly. Nobody wants to go out and start shooting other Americans. The thought to me is repulsive. I also know how quick a society can change. If a lot more of these commies turd sticks get control of government. You won't have a lot of choice if they come for you. Which is what will happen if we're too passive for too long.

I'd be more concerned with the lawlessness being pushed . If that grows, you'll absolutely have to get involved if it moves into your neighborhood.

As long as everyone is comfy in their homes safe,sound and eating. All is good.

No way there will be a civil war again who is going to fight who and why? What is the military going to do they will be divided as well. People are way over blowing things on both sides which is where Trump is failing. The nation needs a calmer cool headed president.

I will comment about this.

People are re-writing history that the civil war was all about slavery. But in reality the slavery issue was an issue because the country was adding states and the South was losing their political clout.

If the Democrats somehow add states (and I really think that's almost impossible) and change the balance of representation in the House and Senate, that COULD start a civil war. Because at that point, democrats could gain super-majority and that could be very dangerous toward changing the Constitution. Again, just like slavery and civil war, history will look back and say the CHANGING of the Constitution is what set off the civil war, but in reality it would be the addition of states and the creation of a super-majority on a big issue.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. In 2014 (or maybe 2016), Republicans controlled 33 or 34 of the 50 state governments (at least one chamber and governor). Conservatives in this country (including those at the federal level) should have pushed more for a convention of states to change some things about federal power. They had a very brief window of opportunity that might be lost forever. Too many politicians were short-sighted and power hunger to take power away from Washington when they had a chance.

Republicans won back seats thanks to Obama, who during his tenure saw 1,000 seats flip if you include state seats. However the media has successfully targeting trump by omitting his positive accomplishments, and casting his as a boogeymen.

Democrats sure can provide a path to :

Institute racial quotas.

All Democrats need is 60 seats in senate and the Presidency. There are far more Republican's running for re-election this year. A democratically controlled senate with cluess Joe in the Oval office would be a disaster.

Trump must get out there and campaign hard and let someone else deal with the biased press.

Republicans won back seats thanks to Obama, who during his tenure saw 1,000 seats flip if you include state seats. However the media has successfully targeting trump by omitting his positive accomplishments, and casting his as a boogeymen.

Democrats sure can provide a path to :

Institute racial quotas.

All Democrats need is 60 seats in senate and the Presidency. There are far more Republican's running for re-election this year. A democratically controlled senate with cluess Joe in the Oval office would be a disaster.

Trump must get out there and campaign hard and let someone else deal with the biased press.

There is no way for democrats to get to 60 seats in the Senate. No way. There are just too many rural conservative states in this country.

They are lucky if they get a couple of cycles at 52-53 seats and the White House.

It is always easy to disrupt and attack the party in power. It's why we see the pendulum swing back and forth in this country so often. The pendulum will swing again.

Watching the democrats in power for 4 years might do more to help conservative causes than anything else (it certainly helped watching Obama try to sweet talk his way out of being a bad President). Watching a senile and bumbling Biden try to talk his way through difficulty could be just as sad.

I think there are some potentially very good conservatives coming up through the ranks. Trump conservatives that aren't as pompous and stupid as he is. Guys (or girls) that will still fight against the media and stupidity but not quite be as much a bull in a china shop as Trump likes to be. And certainly won't have the foot-in-mouth disease to the level Trump has it at times.

Again, the stupid religious-right will try to replace Trump, but that is not the future of the party. The future is common sense conservatism, equality of opportunity instead of outcome, and working-class family values (without getting preachy about it or overly religious). You don't need to bring up God every time you fight for the family unit. In all honesty, one doesn't have anything to do with the other.

That's where the party needs to go. Let the Democrats continue down the path of communist stupidity and victim class politics and just sit back and rake in middle class, normal voters.

Not likely. Civil wars are fought over money or when one group tries to seize political power without a fair election.

You don't see that that's exactly what's happening right now? Mail-in voting for the most important constitutional right an American citizen has? Yeah that won't be a complete and total clusterfuck.

IMO, if you look at not only gun sales but also the business at gun ranges, it tells a different story. Not everyone gets on twitter and interacts with others (right or left), but most people don't have their heads buried in the sand and see that there is a LOT of unrest and a LOT of unease. Which is why people are buying guns now. Lots of handguns are on back order as retailers and distributors can't keep them in stock. there's a gun shop and range maybe 10 miles from my house. it's usually busy on the weekend, but for the past few months, the parking lot has been packed. every parking spot is full. and this isnt some smallish store, either (62,000 sq ft). So what I see is people are arming themselves. Especially after that one idiot said they'll take the riots to the suburbs. I don't believe that would work out for them as well as they believe.

I think Trump winning would be the biggest civil war risk. The rioting mobs will not have it. When they start killing people in large numbers we will have no choice but to fight back. I may purchase a gun for the first time in my life honestly.

I think Trump winning would be the biggest civil war risk. The rioting mobs will not have it. When they start killing people in large numbers we will have no choice but to fight back. I may purchase a gun for the first time in my life honestly.

Ding, ding, ding.... we have a winner.

There is much more likely to be major violence and succession talks if Donald Trump wins than for any other reason. And just so Tibs understand me. The LEFT will contest the election if Trump wins. No ifs, ands or buts about it. Tibs knows it too. He'll be the first person to contest it.

First, they will decry the electoral college. Then they will debate "total votes". Then there will be riots/protests in the streets. They will file injunctions in court to stop him getting inaugurated. Biden will sue claiming some "injustice" or foreign interference. He will file in the 9th circuit (of course). Of course it will have to go all the way to the Supreme Court.

But the media and/or the liberal thought police might not except the Supreme Court ruling this time, arguing the court is "packed" with Trump appointees thus unable to render a verdict.

The whole thing could come crashing down if liberals take to the streets armed. Does a liberal state like Oregon or Washington form a militia to stop federal police and law enforcement from coming in to arrest "protesters"? Is that considered a "civil war"?

I mean, civil wars start over less. It would be in Washington state. Liberal like California but western enough to own enough guns and think "independence" is better than Trump, 2nd Term. The governor would enable, maybe even support civil disobedience. Would Washington allow it's citizens to stop paying federal taxes? Kick out all federal law enforcement? Set up militia to road block and isolate the state?

Who knows.... but considering what is happening in Oregon, it's certainly possible.

A civil war won't be started by the right. It will be started by the left.

I don't foresee a civil war. Remember these aren't regions like North vs. South. This is political and maybe even racial at times. Nobody would even know who to shoot. The only way a civil war will arise is if states try to leave the union.

I don't foresee a civil war. Remember these aren't regions like North vs. South. This is political and maybe even racial at times. Nobody would even know who to shoot. The only way a civil war will arise is if states try to leave the union.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Like you said, there's too many moving parts here and it will only be if multiple states try to secede from the Union. Figured it was a pretty thought-provoking subject though and I always enjoy hearing your guy's/gals feedback. You learn something new here quite often IMO; I don't care what that troll Tibs says.

Well... as much as I want a majority to go ahead and make the laws they want, then we all live with the consequences, that isn't what happens

My problem with this "We'll get 'em next time" outlook is that the RINOS are so apt to roll over. Whether it be $oro$ money, their own skeletons in the closet, etc. they always seem to let us down. The Republicans aren't as tightly bound as the dims. I'm constantly worrying about what garbage will be snuck through. Can you say ObummerCare?