• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

At least 8 Dead in Indianapolis FEDEX Facility Shooting

That’s actually in Plainfield. The Islamic Society of North America is based there. Just sayin’. Back when the FBI was worth a **** they built an office here to monitor their activity. Any mention of a snack bar?

Another mass shooting under sleepy Joe while I can’t recall how many under trump?
Makes me scratch my head. One wants to take your guns and **** starts to pop off. The other didn’t want to touch them and **** mostly quiet. 🤔

That’s actually in Plainfield. The Islamic Society of North America is based there. Just sayin’. Back when the FBI was worth a **** they built an office here to monitor their activity. Any mention of a snack bar?
No, the shooter hasn't been identified that I've seen.

I don't really care who pulled the trigger to be honest. It's just sad that we seem to have a segment of society that is incapable, apparently, of owning weapons without committing mass murder. I got my first gun when I was 12. It is a .222 Savage bolt action. Still have it. Since then, I have acquired several other guns, and what I can tell you is that prior to the boating accident, none of them had been used to kill another human being. I couldn't kill in cold blood I don't think. Defending myself or my family? No problem. But murdering a bunch of people because I'm pissed about something? I don't think so.

Another mass shooting under sleepy Joe while I can’t recall how many under trump?
Makes me scratch my head. One wants to take your guns and **** starts to pop off. The other didn’t want to touch them and **** mostly quiet. 🤔
When you have a weak president and ***** vp who are both soft on crime you get more criminal activity.

interesting, isn't it? All of sudden, we have multiple mass shootings almost on a weekly basis and Biden will further push his gun control agenda. Like clockwork.

They need a steady stream of them so they can call it an epidemic. When they call it an epidemic all rights are suspended and the state has emergency absolute power for as long they deem necessary. The constitution is suspended.

That's what the last year + has taught me.

This will only remain news if the shooter is of the proper color and political affiliation.

I don't really care who pulled the trigger to be honest. It's just sad that we seem to have a segment of society that is incapable, apparently, of owning weapons without committing mass murder. I got my first gun when I was 12. It is a .222 Savage bolt action. Still have it. Since then, I have acquired several other guns, and what I can tell you is that prior to the boating accident, none of them had been used to kill another human being. I couldn't kill in cold blood I don't think. Defending myself or my family? No problem. But murdering a bunch of people because I'm pissed about something? I don't think so.
Only in America you can go to bed after one mass shooting and wake up to another. :cry:

This will only remain news if the shooter is of the proper color and political affiliation.

Forty-five mass shootings in a month. We are a nation drowning in blood and denial.

Forty-five mass shootings in a month. We are a nation drowning in blood and denial.
I agree, denial that there is a serious mental health epidemic going on that so many people feel the need to kill others. The pandemic certainly is not helping with people still locked up in their homes, trouble paying their bills because of income loss/govt assistance and not going back to normal after a year. Not to mention the amount of medication that people are on for various issues.

Yes. Denial that there is an effort by the left to take our guns, and who are willing to sacrifice lives to accomplish this.

Denial of what exactly? That guns are bad? That more laws will reduce or eliminate these acts? non-sense.

The root of the issue is mental health disorders. So how do you keep someone who is potentially mentally unstable from touching a gun without trampling on their God given right?

I agree, denial that there is a serious mental health epidemic going on that so many people feel the need to kill others. The pandemic certainly is not helping with people still locked up in their homes, trouble paying their bills because of income loss/govt assistance and not going back to normal after a year. Not to mention the amount of medication that people are on for various issues.
100% this. Mental health in this nation is a huge problem. Has been for a while. I can't remember who it was, Tim Steelersfan I think, posted a list of mass shooters a couple years back and I think all of them had sought mental health treatment and had been put on some kind of psychotropic drug prior to committing mass murder. We have very few doctors in America that actually practice medicine anymore. Most of them just throw some pills at the patient so they can move on to the next patient. It's like a factory, in and out.

Add to that all the added stress this pandemic has put on people for the reasons you listed above, and I think it will be decades before we come to terms with the damage we have done psychologically to some people.

Whacknuts feed off of each other. One crazy guy gets into The news for shooting something up it triggers the need for another crazy guy to get even more fame for shooting something else up in a more spectacular fashion. This brings out the communists screaming for more gun control because their ultimate goal is a disarmed and helpless civilian population. Personally I prefer dangerous freedom over secure serfdom.

The problem is absolutely the total lack of mental heath help in this country. All we have now, if you actually get to see anyone, is a few days of inpatient treatment, then released. Since mental institutions have been deemed cruel and unusual punishment, this is what we now are dealing with. No one that does something like this is in their right mind, no one. Since gun laws don't do ****, perhaps focusing on discipline should be given a shot (no pun intended). Maybe start by asking ourselves how we have changed as a society over the last 30-40 years and how the decisions made over that time period has led to this.

I'd like to steer the discussion back to the point made. Is it not odd that there is a spate of these shootings after Pee Pads took office? I predicted it on this very forum, said watch...you're gonna see these so called "mass shootings" rise.

For 4 years, we barely had any in comparison. Now?

It's almost like it's orchestrated to coincide with some political desire...like a nationwide gun grab or something.

I'd like to steer the discussion back to the point made. Is it not odd that there is a spate of these shootings after Pee Pads took office? I predicted it on this very forum, said watch...you're gonna see these so called "mass shootings" rise.

For 4 years, we barely had any in comparison. Now?

It's almost like it's orchestrated to coincide with some political desire...like a nationwide gun grab or something.
I would hate to think that, but do agree that it is odd.

When a senior officer gets choked up and has difficulty discussing a shooting, something they've seen far too much of, you know how traumatized even the police are getting. America has become a disturbed nation in a war zone, and this has been escalating for decades. :(

To sum up, somebody shot a bunch of people at a FedEx. Don't know who, why, how.

But politicians will use the still-warm corpses to push an agenda.

When a senior officer gets choked up and has difficulty discussing a shooting, something they've seen far too much of, you know how traumatized even the police are getting. America has become a disturbed nation in a war zone, and this has been escalating for decades. :(

But, none of it justifies the disarming of a law abiding citizen. None.

But, none of it justifies the disarming of a law abiding citizen. None.
But common sense gun laws aren’t about disarming citizens. You will still be able to hunt....🤣

But common sense gun laws aren’t about disarming citizens. You will still be able to hunt....🤣

Good! That's why the founding fathers put the second amendment in there in the first place, right?