• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ben rips Haley if you read between the lines.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...-Fame-Ben-Roethlisberger/stories/201801030064

"“In terms of preparation. In terms of knowledge. Just how much he knows …“It’s one thing when a coach tells you to do something and he’s never played the game. It’s another thing when a coach who wears a gold jacket tells you to do something.

“Munch has everybody’s respect.”

^^ In case you were unaware, Haley never played football. He went to the University of Florida to play golf. So reading between the lines. Ben took a massive swipe at Tequila Todd.

Munchak in my opinion is our best coach.

So is Ben saying fire Haley and make Munchak the OC?

Whats the point of that? Munchak is being considered for a HC position, why would an OC position in Pitt appease him? Unless...Ben was suggesting firing CMT?

I think he's saying he has all the respect in the world for Munchak, and would hate to see him go. The other part is a swipe at Haley who never played the game...but tells him what to do.

LOL, You are NOT allowed to call him that!! That is a slight on his coaching abilities and it is offensive in my opinion!

Yes, I second that. That was very offensive Coach to our Coach Haley. What exactly are you implying here about him?

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

LOL, You are NOT allowed to call him that!! That is a slight on his coaching abilities and it is offensive in my opinion!

It's got to be better than calling him "cool shades" or something insulting like that....lol

More on Haley...

I don't know who this guy is but I saw this opinion piece this morning....true ?.... or not ?

So is Ben saying fire Haley and make Munchak the OC?

Whats the point of that? Munchak is being considered for a HC position, why would an OC position in Pitt appease him? Unless...Ben was suggesting firing CMT?

He is one of many candidates. If he doesn’t get it moving him up the ladder might be a good move if only for a year or two. If it keeps ben from retiring dump Haley and Token.

Ben always takes shots at Haley, this is nothing new...and you don't even have to read between the lines, it's clear.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...-Fame-Ben-Roethlisberger/stories/201801030064

"“In terms of preparation. In terms of knowledge. Just how much he knows …“It’s one thing when a coach tells you to do something and he’s never played the game. It’s another thing when a coach who wears a gold jacket tells you to do something.

“Munch has everybody’s respect.”

^^ In case you were unaware, Haley never played football. He went to the University of Florida to play golf. So reading between the lines. Ben took a massive swipe at Tequila Todd.

Ben is a well known douchebag, this is news to you?

Haley just got through getting assaulted probably by a douchebag fan, and Ben takes a shot at him. Man I'm glad Ben has "turned his life around".......yeah that's what Jesus would do.......what a phony.

It's got to be better than calling him "cool shades" or something insulting like that....lol

More on Haley...

I don't know who this guy is but I saw this opinion piece this morning....true ?.... or not ?

Colin is wrong. Ben took shots at Cowher as well, he doesn't like being told what to do which is why he loved the disaster that was Bruce Arians so much.

If Haley goes then Ben goes a few years later what will we have? Haley is top 3 when it comes to OC's

Pick your poison, although I will say with Haley's O in place you could find someone else adequate to run it. Those that think Ben can run this O for 60 minutes while the opposing D.C. makes adjustments are beyond idiotic.

“In terms of preparation. In terms of knowledge. Just how much he knows …“It’s one thing when a coach tells you to do something and he’s never played the game. It’s another thing when a coach who wears a gold jacket tells you to do something.
I think he's saying he has all the respect in the world for Munchak, and would hate to see him go. The other part is a swipe at Haley who never played the game...but tells him what to do.

Yeah, I heard the interview too.
I don't think The Bruce ever played the game either, at least not at the professional level. It's not so much that his OC played the game as much as it is that the OC tells Ben what he wants to hear.

I don't think The Bruce ever played the game either, at least not at the professional level. It's not so much that his OC played the game as much as it is that the OC tells Ben what he wants to hear.

Bill Walsh, Gibbs never played college or pro, yet both have gold jackets. I don't call Ben Big Dummy for nothing.

Bruce was the Hokies QB during the 70's but he didn't get to the pro level.

To me no pro and never played are two very different things. I would say playing in college should be a pre requisite. I find it hard to believe there is a conductor of a world renowned orchestra that cant play an instrument.

Do we really need all this excess finger pointing going into the play offs.

I'd bet that's what Ben is a little pissed about, the focus. You're going into the playoff with one of your strongest teams of late and here you have this injured moron breaking the distraction rule.

Salute the nation

I think it is a mostly focused tight knit team with pockets ( Tomlin and Harrison, Ben and Haley) drama. I dont think it is a full on **** show. I give Tomlin high marks for settling Bryant down and F's for not sending Harrison and Haley home.

Coach, in case you are unaware, Vince Lombardi, one of the greatest coaches ever, never played in the NFL. So what does reading between the lines say about that?

How about another legend you obviously were unaware of.....Paul Brown, brilliant innovator of the game, coached 10 straight championships. What does the lines say about him?

We know you need the attention with all these threads, but come on take some thought before starting another one.

EDIT: Lombardi played college (Fordham), Brown, while not making the team at Ohio State, did play for Miami (OH).

Last edited:
Coach, in case you are unaware, Vince Lombardi, one of the greatest coaches ever, never played the game. So what does reading between the lines say about that?

How about another legend you obviously were unaware of.....Paul Brown, brilliant innovator of the game, coached 10 straight championships. What does the lines say about him?

We know you need the attention with all these threads, but come on take some thought before starting another one.

Lombardi played pro. Brown played youth. But those were different times. I could see a high school PE or youth coach making an innovation and climbing the ranks. Todd Haley has never played a down of tackle football. If Im Ben and I dont like this dickface I d have a hard time dealing with the fact that Id played more by fifth grade than this stooge ever did.

Sask, Vince Lombardi never played in the NFL, same as Paul Brown. He did after playing for Fordham, try semi-pro but didn’t make it.

Point being, some great football minds doesn’t mean having participated professionally or even collegiately. Haley lived breathed football since he was a kid because of his Dad. Learned a lot from about the game while traveling with him.

More on Haley...

Was Cowherd implying that Haley's injury was from running from the cops at the bar? He kinda snuck that comment in so as to make you double take. Surely, there would be body camera video on that.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app