• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ben rips Haley if you read between the lines.

Was Cowherd implying that Haley's injury was from running from the cops at the bar? He kinda snuck that comment in so as to make you double take. Surely, there would be body camera video on that.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Haley was being harassed, harassing douchebag got thrown out by proprietor/employee but waited outside for Haley. Said douchebag then jumped Haley threw him to the ground and messed up his hip.

Much like right wing radio produces murderers and bullies from gullible idiots, so does sports talk radio and message boards like this one.

All over a damn game.

Umm Brady berated his OC on live TV in front of Millions of viewers, but Ben is a douche for saying what he did? Some if you just need to go join the bandwagon in Cheatsboro.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Naahhhh... we just need to be honest with ourselves, and not live vicariously through a douchebag just because he can fling a ball.

I know I don't, but then I'm an adult.

Naahhhh... we just need to be honest with ourselves, and not live vicariously through a douchebag just because he can fling a ball.

I know I don't, but then I'm an adult.
Not sure who that's directed at, but I've been a fan since before Ben was born and I'll be a Steeler fan after he leaves.

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

To be fair, todd haley has a longer track record of being a douchebag than anyone else on this team... there is a reason he has the rep he does... he is a jerk... google Todd haley jerk and you get a lot of public confrontations and actions that clarify this long before he ever came to the Black n Gold

Sask, Vince Lombardi never played in the NFL, same as Paul Brown. He did after playing for Fordham, try semi-pro but didn’t make it.

Point being, some great football minds doesn’t mean having participated professionally or even collegiately. Haley lived breathed football since he was a kid because of his Dad. Learned a lot from about the game while traveling with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

That is where the saying “Those who can, do. Those who can’t, teach” comes from.

For position coaches, it is best to have intimate knowledge of the position... that makes sense cause its technique heavy instruction...
For strategic coaching like coordinator and HC positions, this matters less... however the game has changed so much lately that most coaches from old school coaching trees are ineffective... which is why the state of coaching in the NFL is at an all time low...

Haley is a traditional conservative OC... he lacks the innovation and aggressiveness that this nfl needs..

Sask, Vince Lombardi never played in the NFL, same as Paul Brown. He did after playing for Fordham, try semi-pro but didn’t make it.

Point being, some great football minds doesn’t mean having participated professionally or even collegiately. Haley lived breathed football since he was a kid because of his Dad. Learned a lot from about the game while traveling with him.

He may have lived and breathed it but from what I can tell he never put a helmet on in a game and that is a big difference. I actually think that the best coaches arent the best players. But never played the game. Sorry its pretty hard to lead people in something youve never done. At all.

I dont know. Ben hates Haley. I ****** hate Haley and I dont even know the guy.

Every fan dislikes the offensive coordinator of their favorite team and thinks they do a lousy job. It's football tradition. It's the only position more universally hated than Head Coach. Deep down every fan feels like they are smarter than the OC and would call better plays if given the chance. Always been that way at the high school, the college and the pro level.

Was Cowherd implying that Haley's injury was from running from the cops at the bar? He kinda snuck that comment in so as to make you double take. Surely, there would be body camera video on that.

I didn't see that correlation, I took it as doing something you should know better not to do. You should know better not to run from the Po-Po and you should know to avoid drunken altercations, especially if you have a history of that sort of stuff.

My question is whether Ben is really sayin'....me or him, take your pick.

To me no pro and never played are two very different things. I would say playing in college should be a pre requisite. I find it hard to believe there is a conductor of a world renowned orchestra that cant play an instrument.

Well said.

Wait, are you mentioning the name Haley in the same sentence with Lombardi and Brown???

Are you comparing the way the game was 50 years ago to now?

Please tell me you are still hung over from a New Years party.

# Tequila

Wait, are you mentioning the name Haley in the same sentence with Lombardi and Brown???

Are you comparing the way the game was 50 years ago to now?

Please tell me you are still hung over from a New Years party.

# Tequila

Only you would go so far to think in those extremes...

Please, Haley is just a blip on the coaching history of the NFL.His ability to be a coordinator and get a H/C job in the NFL is the comparison. Coach Lombardi and Brown have no peers in their ability so implying Haley is in the same world would be asinine,

As for the game being different...but of course. But the concepts have always been the same. All these "new ideas" on schemes...offense and defense are just tweaks to the original concepts brought about from great coaches in the past.....Lombardi, Brown, Landry, Coyell...etc. Nothing is original, every scheme is a slight modification from the basic concepts.

Every fan dislikes the offensive coordinator of their favorite team and thinks they do a lousy job. It's football tradition. It's the only position more universally hated than Head Coach. Deep down every fan feels like they are smarter than the OC and would call better plays if given the chance. Always been that way at the high school, the college and the pro level.
Here is what I see. You have a strained relationship between Roethlisberger and Haley. To the point where the QB coach is the one talking to him during the games. The offense always seems to run better in the short huddle or no huddle with Ben making the adjustments at the line. Maybe they get along well enough during the week and he helps Ben prepare for what he will see Sunday. Otherwise I think Todd is useless.