• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Brock Purdy set to start the season

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Jedi mind tricks
More like he is a young seventh round pick trying to keep anyone else from his starting position.
As many players do, he is rushing back from a significant surgery…

We will see how it plays out… there are many stories about guys being cleared to play then ruining their careers and bodies because it was rushed

I'm surprised to hear this as well. The initial outlook seemed like the start of the season was impossible and even early in the season would be unlikely.

He's pushing it and it wont end well for the young lad. QB's with shoulder and elbow issues, even when repaired, take their toll. He's going to be sore the first part of the season and it's going to impact his accuracy and velocity.

I have no idea if he's pushing his rehab which will be detrimental in the long run but the bay area media has been reporting his ahead of schedule progress and week one return for the past couple months.

He did not have the ligament replacement surgery on his ulnar collateral ligament (known as "Tommy John surgery"). However, he still had a major procedure done to the UCL, which is a key ligament for gripping the football and pronating the arm on the throwing motion. He had to wait a full 40 days for the swelling to subside enough to have the surgery.

I would be shocked if he was remotely close to 100% on September 10.

Yeah, I’m going to be closely watching the ‘9ers camp and preseason. It’s weird that Lynch having Lance as a backup wouldn’t want to show him off a little to try to build trade value.

Just remember, just like a bad first season performance doesn’t mean that a player will be a bust, a great one means just as little… Purdy could be their long term solution or be a flash in the pan who is benched by seasons end…
Purdy knows that too, which is why he probably doesn’t want to let a high pick like Lance or Darnold have any chance to show they developed into a starter because he would have an uphill battle to get the job back then

Sometimes the betting gods place one right in your lap…

This is one of those times

I’m betting big on Kenny and the Steelers opening day!

Regardless of who starts that Niners team is no joke. Both teams have trench capable warfare. It will be more interesting for me to see Pickett's progress out of the gates against a formidable opponent.