• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Browns week

FordFairLane

Reaction score
What are the keys to victory.

QB- Pickett has to get back to game management and not turning the ball over. That’s the QB he is currently and trying to push past his limitations isn’t going to end with a W for us.

RB- Najee has to run nasty and hard. He had one nice scamper last week but we are going to need him to grind out some 4-5 gains on carries that look like 1-2 yard gains.
Warren needs to get back to his bowling ball style of one cut then break some arm tackles. These two need a combined 125+ yards to get us the victory.

WR- Without DJ someone needs to step up. I think A-Rob will fill in just fine for DJ. Different players so for any big plays I think we need to take at least two shots down field to Pickens. 1. Because he needs to be more involved in the offense. 2. Because if the ball is near him he likely catches it. CA3 needs to be running some slants as well. Give him a 5 yard slant and he might take it 50.

TE- Washington needs to be more involved. At least in the red zone.

OL- the run blocking was abysmal last week. We need to move guys off the LOS. Pass blocking was ok. I think after 2 seconds it’s on the QB.

DL- someone needs to hold the point in the run defense. And Loudermilk is going to have to take a big step forward to fill Heywards shoes. This is the second biggest concern for us. If they get pushed around like last week chubb will have 200 yards easy.

OLB- Highsmith has to show why he got paid. Watt is earning his money. We need pressure from both sides on Watson.

CB- less talk and more action. Wallace needs to get off the field and Porter needs some playing time. Pat Pete had his up and downs but I think he’ll be fine.

S- were they even at the game last week? They need to make some splash plays.

K- Bos is probably the only player we can count on lol

P- is Mann still a free agent? Because if PH3 has another 💩 week we need to drop him.

What we need to do is get Watson to try to win the game on his own… it’s a national audience on monday night. He hasn’t been as good as he was in Houston, chubbs is getting all the love and he is being questioned… all se need is him to be the focal piece rather than chubbs and we are probably better off

Reactions: xjx
What we need to do is get Watson to try to win the game on his own… it’s a national audience on monday night. He hasn’t been as good as he was in Houston, chubbs is getting all the love and he is being questioned… all se need is him to be the focal piece rather than chubbs and we are probably better off
So focusing on getting physical with perv Watson gets the SteelerNation a happy ending?

My buy low candidates this week:

CA3: with no DJ the Browns will probably double Pickens and put a stud cb on Robinson… CA3 will get a chance to show if he really is mighty mouse or just another Dri Archer

Alex Highsmith. Tj watt is facing a rookie. The Browns will definitely swing blocking help his way. AH needs to show he can earn that contract… i think he will

Patrick Peterson. He was really close to some big plays against SF… I think he gets a pick this week…

Mount Washington… catches a big first down or td this week… he will be used to block Garrett a bunch so he can slip out unnoticed

I’ve heard speculation that the punter decision might have had more to do with Harvin being Boz’s tried and true placeholder.

My buy low candidates this week:

CA3: with no DJ the Browns will probably double Pickens and put a stud cb on Robinson… CA3 will get a chance to show if he really is mighty mouse or just another Dri Archer

Alex Highsmith. Tj watt is facing a rookie. The Browns will definitely swing blocking help his way. AH needs to show he can earn that contract… i think he will

Patrick Peterson. He was really close to some big plays against SF… I think he gets a pick this week…

Mount Washington… catches a big first down or td this week… he will be used to block Garrett a bunch so he can slip out unnoticed.

It's the slipping in that gets noticed?

I think Dan Moore needs to be moved over to RT and Jones brought in at LT. It was a luxury sitting Jones until needed........ Now he is needed. Was Dan Moore that big of a steel to get in the 4th round and start his rookie season? Was he that much better than Jones is today? Now is his time to start and shine as be.

Salute the nation

Home page article about BEN ROThlisberGER and the owning of the browns.

BEN is saying the STEELERS best not take the browns lightly.

GOOD READ

I remember when Ben had more wins at brown stadium than their several starting QBs along the way.

EDIT: Back when Cope (AKA: Stryker) was sober, he and I would make fun of that fact........... Oh the days, now he is nearly unapproachable due to drunkenness / high / hookers STIs / and general black outs of his along the way................... OH, he does Pod-Cast(s) now so there is that.

Salute the nation

The quarterback cannot "manage" the games if your defense is getting lit and you have no run game.
Yeah we don't know what limitations Kenny has yet. It is a wait and see despite what some posters claim.

So as we all know the Browies game plan will be to try and force their will running Chubb down our throats. We absolutely must stop that and force Deshawn Watson to beat us. If Chubb is allowed to take over the game, it’s lights out. Must stop him!
Kenny must get into a rhythm and return to his accuracy exploiting the middle of the field on slants, sideline hooks. Get the ball in the playmakers hands.And for God sake no jet sweeps.

Home page article about BEN ROThlisberGER and the owning of the browns.

BEN is saying the STEELERS best not take the browns lightly.

GOOD READ

I remember when Ben had more wins at brown stadium than their several starting QBs along the way.

EDIT: Back when Cope (AKA: Stryker) was sober, he and I would make fun of that fact........... Oh the days, now he is nearly unapproachable due to drunkenness / high / hookers STIs / and general black outs of his along the way................... OH, he does Pod-Cast(s) now so there is that.

Salute the nation
Lucky *******.............

It's the slipping in that gets noticed?

I think Dan Moore needs to be moved over to RT and Jones brought in at LT. It was a luxury sitting Jones until needed........ Now he is needed. Was Dan Moore that big of a steel to get in the 4th round and start his rookie season? Was he that much better than Jones is today? Now is his time to start and shine as be.

Salute the nation
I would say we might as well flip Moore to RT now and see if he can be the long term RT. We didn't draft Jones to sit and Chuks is due a roster bonus right before free agency making every year a cuttable year. If we can save 10 million and stick Moore at RT for next year I am all for it. If Moore can't handle it them we probably keep Chuks, have Dan be our swing tackle and draft a guy pretty high to take over in 2025.

I’ve heard speculation that the punter decision might have had more to do with Harvin being Boz’s tried and true placeholder.
Thats why they should use backup QBs or another position there anyway… i hate punters as holders.. it limits you

I would say we might as well flip Moore to RT now and see if he can be the long term RT. We didn't draft Jones to sit and Chuks is due a roster bonus right before free agency making every year a cuttable year. If we can save 10 million and stick Moore at RT for next year I am all for it. If Moore can't handle it them we probably keep Chuks, have Dan be our swing tackle and draft a guy pretty high to take over in 2025.

Them practicing Jones at RT just screams to me that they fully expect Chuks to clear… they don’t want Jones vs Garrett as his first start and they don’t want moore practicing out of position then flipping back to face him…

Also for those of us hoping that Fehoko was going to be used as a NT, there still is the possibility he is one of the two active PS players, but they called up Dez Fitzpatrick to fill in for Dionte when they put Cam on IR… not Fehoko…

They didn’t put DJ on IR…

Also for those of us hoping that Fehoko was going to be used as a NT, there still is the possibility he is one of the two active PS players, but they called up Dez Fitzpatrick to fill in for Dionte when they put Cam on IR… not Fehoko…

They didn’t put DJ on IR…
The fact that DJ isn't on IR makes me think that they feel he can be back in a couple of weeks. Problem is if you bring a guy back too soon from a hammy they just pull it again. I would rather sit DJ a month and even if he feels good enough to play in 2-3 weeks be safe and let his hamstring heal.

The Browns are running a **** ton of man to man… apparently it fits their CBs much better …
The Bengals had no answer for it…

If Pickens is in man 50%+ of the time, then 50% of the plays ought to go to him until they stop him

The Browns are running a **** ton of man to man… apparently it fits their CBs much better …
The Bengals had no answer for it…

If Pickens is in man 50%+ of the time, then 50% of the plays ought to go to him until they stop him
I think the Steelers are in a hard situation for what type of CB Peterson is at his stage in his career scheme wise to what type of CB Peezy JR. will be. Although Joey should end up more scheme versatile before it is all said and done.

We don't have "Browns Week". The Browns have "Steelers Week".

Cleveland scum doesn't deserve that level of respect.

The Steelers have Ravens week and vice versa
clevelandstillsucksshirtsnowballz.jpg

Last edited:
I am putting Chubb in almost all my draftking leagues. I don't have a lot of faith in the Steelers containing him to anything less than 120 yards. Probably acouple of tds too.

If the Bengals win at home vs the Ravens, then this is for the early division lead…

Ironically, the bengals are the only team guaranteed not to be leading the division after this week…

Here is a list of division outcomes

1. Browns Win, Steelers Lose : Ravens Win, Bengals Lose
-----------OV---DIV
Browns 2-0 – 2-0
Ravens 2-0 – 1-0
Steelers 0-2 – 0-1
Bengals 0-2 – 0-2

Browns Lose, Steelers win : Ravens Win, Bengals Lose
-----------OV---DIV
Ravens 2-0 – 1-0
Steelers 1-1 – 1-0
Browns 1-1 – 1-1
Bengals 0-2 – 0-2

Browns Win, Steelers Lose : Ravens Lose, Bengals Win
-----------OV---DIV
Browns 2-0 – 2-0
Bengals 1-1 – 1-1
Ravens 1-1 – 0-1
Steelers 0-2 – 0-1

Browns Lose, Steelers Win : Ravens Lose, Bengals win
-----------OV---DIV
Steelers 1-1 – 1-0
Browns 1-1 – 1-1
Bengals 1-1 – 1-1
Ravens 1-1 – 0-1

Browns Win, Steelers Lose : Ravens tie, Bengals tie
-----------OV---DIV
Browns 2-0-0 – 2-0-0
Ravens 1-0 1 – 0-0-1
Bengals 0-1-1 – 0-1-1
Steelers 0-2-0 – 0-1-0

Browns Lose, Steelers win : Ravens Tie, Bengals tie
-----------OV---DIV
Ravens 1-0 1 – 0-0-1
Steelers 1-1-0 – 1-0-0
Browns 1-1-0 – 1-1-0
Bengals 0-1-1 – 0-1-1

Browns tie, Steelers tie : Ravens Lose, Bengals Win
-----------OV---DIV
Browns 1-0-1 – 1-0-1
Bengals 1-1-0 – 1-1-0
Ravens 1-1-0 – 0-1-0
Steelers 0-1-1 – 0-0-1

Browns Tie, Steelers Tie : Ravens win, Bengals Lose
-----------OV---DIV
Ravens 2-0-0 – 1-0-0
Browns 1-0-1 – 1-0-1
Steelers 0-1-1 – 0-0-1
Bengals 0-2-0 – 0-2-0

Browns Tie, Steelers Tie : Ravens tie, Bengals tie
-----------OV---DIV
Browns 1-0-1 – 1-0-1
Ravens 1-0-1 –0-0-1
Steelers 0-1-1 – 0-0-1
Bengals 0-1-1 – 0-1-1

If the Bengals win at home vs the Ravens, then this is for the early division lead…

Ironically, the bengals are the only team guaranteed not to be leading the division after this week…

Here is a list of division outcomes

1. Browns Win, Steelers Lose : Ravens Win, Bengals Lose
-----------OV---DIV
Browns 2-0 – 2-0
Ravens 2-0 – 1-0
Steelers 0-2 – 0-1
Bengals 0-2 – 0-2

Browns Lose, Steelers win : Ravens Win, Bengals Lose
-----------OV---DIV
Ravens 2-0 – 1-0
Steelers 1-1 – 1-0
Browns 1-1 – 1-1
Bengals 0-2 – 0-2

Browns Win, Steelers Lose : Ravens Lose, Bengals Win
-----------OV---DIV
Browns 2-0 – 2-0
Bengals 1-1 – 1-1
Ravens 1-1 – 0-1
Steelers 0-2 – 0-1

Browns Lose, Steelers Win : Ravens Lose, Bengals win
-----------OV---DIV
Steelers 1-1 – 1-0
Browns 1-1 – 1-1
Bengals 1-1 – 1-1
Ravens 1-1 – 0-1

Browns Win, Steelers Lose : Ravens tie, Bengals tie
-----------OV---DIV
Browns 2-0-0 – 2-0-0
Ravens 1-0 1 – 0-0-1
Bengals 0-1-1 – 0-1-1
Steelers 0-2-0 – 0-1-0

Browns Lose, Steelers win : Ravens Tie, Bengals tie
-----------OV---DIV
Ravens 1-0 1 – 0-0-1
Steelers 1-1-0 – 1-0-0
Browns 1-1-0 – 1-1-0
Bengals 0-1-1 – 0-1-1

Browns tie, Steelers tie : Ravens Lose, Bengals Win
-----------OV---DIV
Browns 1-0-1 – 1-0-1
Bengals 1-1-0 – 1-1-0
Ravens 1-1-0 – 0-1-0
Steelers 0-1-1 – 0-0-1

Browns Tie, Steelers Tie : Ravens win, Bengals Lose
-----------OV---DIV
Ravens 2-0-0 – 1-0-0
Browns 1-0-1 – 1-0-1
Steelers 0-1-1 – 0-0-1
Bengals 0-2-0 – 0-2-0

Browns Tie, Steelers Tie : Ravens tie, Bengals tie
-----------OV---DIV
Browns 1-0-1 – 1-0-1
Ravens 1-0-1 –0-0-1
Steelers 0-1-1 – 0-0-1
Bengals 0-1-1 – 0-1-1
That was a lot of work and thinking week two lol. I don't even look at the standings really for a few weeks.