• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Cam Heyward interviews Pickett - a must watch.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

Interview has everything from a diddled-eyed Joe, to a damned if I know.

I can't remember if this was posted anywhere, if so watch it again. Seriously good conversation....

I saw some parts of it. I didn't realize Addison was that fast (4.3 range). I see no way we pick him in the 1st or even 2nd round if he falls that far. If he's there in the 3rd, maybe.

EXCELLENT find slash, thank you for this and all your great post(s) along the way.

It really does give some inside information. Kenny talks about offensive QB advice from Coach Flores, interesting.

Thanks again and definitely a good watch.

Salute the nation

Kenny is all in. Very level headed grounded young man who is putting in the work.

The Flores part was an eye opener.

I'm with slash on keeping this guy. Flores has a wider range than just DC, that's probably why he is getting HC interviews.

Make a play at keeping him here, find a capacity. One of the brighter references for keeping him (Kenny's acknowlegement)

Salute the nation

Honestly I have been expecting John Mitchell to be retiring soon… Id love Flores as the asst head coach if he were to retire this year

Slash, thanks for sharing this video.
Man I’ve been all in on Kenny since we drafted him and like everything about him.
He’s intent on always getting better and working, studying film and going to coaches for advice. Loved that he went to Coach Flores for critique and advice, that was smart!
Shades did him no favor whatsoever inserting him into the Jets game ice cold with zero reps with the first team. Kenny said as much when he said he would have liked to have taken snaps with the first team in camp but got zero. Typical Tomlin!
Anyway, if given some additional pieces on offense, I think Kenny will be our next franchise QB. I do worry about the OC and hope he is not a hinderance to Kenny’s progress next season.

I'm with slash on keeping this guy. Flores has a wider range than just DC, that's probably why he is getting HC interviews.

Make a play at keeping him here, find a capacity. One of the brighter references for keeping him (Kenny's acknowlegement)

Salute the nation
He's the odds on favorite to land in AZ as their HC, although it hasn't happened yet.

Not sure what it would take to keep him here, DC, assistant HC? We know it won't be $$$ offered.

I saw some parts of it. I didn't realize Addison was that fast (4.3 range). I see no way we pick him in the 1st or even 2nd round if he falls that far. If he's there in the 3rd, maybe.
With Tomlin’s take on weapons over linemen, I wouldn’t be too sure about that…
I don’t think Addison will be there at 17 after the combine… I also think the nepotism deal the Steelers have going on makes JP2 the likely choice, even if he might not fit the role what they really need at CB… but it would not surprise me if they took addison over everyone else left at 17 if he is still undrafted…. I would not do it unless they had traded DJ for a first rounder already… he would just be a better version of DJ who would not get the same snaps DJ did

I don’t think Addison will be there at 17 after the combine… I also think the nepotism deal the Steelers have going on makes JP2 the likely choice, even if he might not fit the role what they really need at CB… but it would not surprise me if they took addison over everyone else left at 17 if he is still undrafted…. I would not do it unless they had traded DJ for a first rounder already… he would just be a better version of DJ who would not get the same snaps DJ did
Then you would need two WRs instead of one. Draft BPA and if that stocks the WR room sobeit.

Then you would need two WRs instead of one. Draft BPA and if that stocks the WR room sobeit.
They really don’t need two wrs… look the top two right now are DJ and Pickens. They love CA3 as the slot option who can also play outside with his speed . Without the injury, Anthony miller would have been the fifth wr this year with Claypool and CA3 on the team. He is fine as a fourth.. Sims will stay as the KR/fifth wr.
They probably lowball offer Boykin as a gunner on special teams, ironically cutting “gunner” to keep a better gunner lol… that is six

While I could see them drafting one… i don’t think its a priority unless they are moving on from DJ… i think our wr room was really deep last year and barring injuries should be ok this year. They also love Cody White too, and they have a reclaimation project on the practice squad too..

If they can sucker some team into giving up a 1st or 2nd for DJ (personally, I think the most we could get for DJ is a 3rd.), then I would consider Addison in Rd. 1 if he's there but by no means should they trade up.

He's the odds on favorite to land in AZ as their HC, although it hasn't happened yet.

Not sure what it would take to keep him here, DC, assistant HC? We know it won't be $$$ offered.

Flores might not want to stay here knowing he has no room for HC advancement. If Coach Tomlin decided to hang it up hang it up then maybe but I don’t see that happening for at least 4 years.

Salute the nation

If they can sucker some team into giving up a 1st or 2nd for DJ (personally, I think the most we could get for DJ is a 3rd.), then I would consider Addison in Rd. 1 if he's there but by no means should they trade up.

I don’t think we are going to find out what DJ is valued at. I don’t think a trade is eminent.

Should they do decide to trade, I thin k he will fetch a 1st, no less than a 2nd. Both guesses would be mid on down.

Salute the nation

They really don’t need two wrs… look the top two right now are DJ and Pickens. They love CA3 as the slot option who can also play outside with his speed . Without the injury, Anthony miller would have been the fifth wr this year with Claypool and CA3 on the team. He is fine as a fourth.. Sims will stay as the KR/fifth wr.
They probably lowball offer Boykin as a gunner on special teams, ironically cutting “gunner” to keep a better gunner lol… that is six

While I could see them drafting one… i don’t think its a priority unless they are moving on from DJ… i think our wr room was really deep last year and barring injuries should be ok this year. They also love Cody White too, and they have a reclamation project on the practice squad too..
That is rolling the dice with a guy that didn't contribute that was on season long injury status. For me I treat it like the guy isn't even in the equation. If he produces and stays healthy great. If he turns into another Golson. (I think that was his name) Not so great. None of the ones you listed are a top tier option.
I am talking about upgrading the room.

Another Kenny interview. Enjoy.