• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

CFP National Championship Game - Cool Story

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
My family will have a special rooting interest in tonight's game. Johnny Hodges, #57 (linebacker) for TCU is a life long family friend of ours.

Both of my sons grew up with Johnny, went to school with him, and played numerous sports with him.

My oldest competed against him in youth football for several years here in MD. Johnny's dad was my oldest's youth basketball coach at one point. By the time high school came around, Johnny and my oldest were on the same high school football team for 3 years. I served as videographer and streamed Hudl clips to the sideline during games.

My youngest played on the same youth basketball team as Johnny for 2 years. Then, in high school, they both played for the varsity basketball team.

We are friends with both Mom and Dad Hodges.

Our local community is super excited about his unlikely success. He took a scholarship to play lacrosse at Navy. Didn't like it. Walked onto the Navy football team and became a starter. After 2 years, he hit the transfer portal. He was giving up when his dad stepped in and began emailing all Power 5 programs with his Hudl high school highlights and Navy highlights. Only TCU responded. He accepted.

He became TCU's starting linebacker and led the team in tackles this year.

Now he's playing for the Natty! Go 57!

1673289296354.png

Vey cool story. Always neat to have a personal angle. Not a big college football watcher, but will be paying attention to him tonight now. Dont care who wins, just hoping for a good game.

another cool story...

starting RG for TCU is by default a Steelers fan. His dad used to post here.

Well I’m a UGA alum. Have to root for the Dawgs. 5:30 kickoff time. I’m gonna miss 30 minutes of the game. Blah
Work? Tell them I said they are being substandard.

We can't go for that no can do.

I want tcu to throttle them. No idea why but that’s what I want.

You're my new best, favorite, most amazing friend in the whole wide world.

Also...do you know how to terminate an Ogre? Asking for @Superman and others

Can’t miss that. Plenty of time.

Well nm. Flag