• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chickillo and Jones film

No full sack in 20 regular season games. Isn't that sample large enough?

If it makes you feel better how about 2.5 sacks in the last 23 games, including the playoffs? That's still beyond terrible!

And how many do Chickillo Harrison Moats and Dupree have? You are only counting Jones why??

I'm actually a tad disappointed in Tuitt's play in 2016. I'm not saying he's a bum, but his overall play has delcined. He was better last year.

McClendon is off the team, if you meant to say, Big Dan, he's very limited.

I have not seen much at all out of Matthews.

Thomas has injured himself again.

Sad Tuitt has been a beast just hasn't gotten sacks. Just another case of using stats as the end all be all. WATCHING the games you will see he has been disruptive. Sacks will come

I'm actually a tad disappointed in Tuitt's play in 2016. I'm not saying he's a bum, but his overall play has delcined. He was better last year.

McClendon is off the team, if you meant to say, Big Dan, he's very limited.

I have not seen much at all out of Matthews.

Thomas has injured himself again.

Thanks Coach. We played McClendon last week so he was on the brain. I like what Tuitt is doing against the run and pushing the pocket. He hasn't gotten a sack yet, but they will come.

Mathews is starting on Sunday, so we'll all get a good look at him this week.

Sad with Shamarko. He's been great on ST and seems to be in his best playing shape. I hope he gets back soon.

Sad Tuitt has been a beast just hasn't gotten sacks. Just another case of using stats as the end all be all. WATCHING the games you will see he has been disruptive. Sacks will come

I watch the game and comprehend football far better than you. Tuitt is not as good as he was last season. With Heyward out, we'll see if he can step up.

PS: I only use stats as they are not made up by an opinion. Keep waiving the fanboy towel.

I watch the game and comprehend football far better than you. Tuitt is not as good as he was last season. With Heyward out, we'll see if he can step up.

PS: I only use stats as they are not made up by an opinion. Keep waiving the fanboy towel.

I know we are all better off learning at the feet of your infinite knowledge.. you are so good you don't need to watch the games..just a few minutes of Sports center and threads galore

I know we are all better off learning at the feet of your infinite knowledge.. you are so good you don't need to watch the games..just a few minutes of Sports center and threads galore

If that's all you got, please quit while you are behind. I have seen ever snap this season.

If that's all you got, please quit while you are behind. I have seen ever snap this season.

LMAO it's a thread titled coach didn't see the game. And it's titled that way for a reason

The only thing I want to see in my defensive players is improvement, not regression.

Chickillo, Jarvis, Williams, Hargrave, Davis, Cockrell, Burns, Dangerfield, and Golden are all showing improvement week to week on this Defense.

Shazier, Tuitt, and Heyward are playing at a high level, as we have come to expect.

Mitchell, McClendon, Harrison, Mathews, Gay, Moats, and Timmons are still solid and making plays.

I even have some level of interest to see what Shamarko, Matekavitch, and Gilbert are capable of on D.

I'm not seeing any regression individually yet, so if this continues, our D will continue to get stronger as the year progresses.

As much as I agree with you Cope, I still don't feel right with Mitchell. He's still a loud mouth who will draw a cruicial penalty eventually

Antdrewjosh,

Are you aware Jarvis Jones has not had a half a sack or sack in his last 16 games?

The truth is Jarvis Jones has not had a full sack in his last in 20 NFL regular season games.

Stop defending a dog with fleas. Jarvis sucks as a pass rusher and should be replaced on obvious passing downs. I think 20 games tells the tale. You figure he'd have a player flushed his way to get at least one more full sack by now.

That's terrible. No way to defend that.

Yeah, I bet he has the least QB pressures relative to his snap count. Oh, I already posted that a while back. Jones was last on the team.

No full sacks in the last 20 games for a starter at OLB? Jones might be alone with this dubious result.

If he's assignment sound and the younger more talented players are not quite there yet, fine play him at times for now. But when its 3rd and long or 2nd and long, I want him off the field for the most part.

Maybe we can find a middle ground on the above on the 2nd to last sentence.

You are aware that you're wrong about the "no sacks in 20 games" bit, right? Yes, his numbers are low and I'm definitely not defending him, but you are wrong. He has 2 sacks in his last 16 games. No idea where you pulled your stats from.

The one nice play by Chick where he had the RB slowed down in the backfield so that others could make the tackle might be considered a good play by some, while others would note how he missed the tackle, which would have been for a loss.

Yep. I was a bit troubled that Chickillo sold out so much to the inside, since he was responsible for outside contain. Forte is not a quick back any more. If he was and saw Chickillo sell out inside, he goes outside for a lot of yards.

All four guys will play. Chick has earned a shot and believe me it's no coincidence by the coaching staff to give it to him in Miami where he is from. Nice touch by the coaching staff. Kid will get his name called in front of his family.. now go out and get some more sacks

Starters inconsequential, all about a rotation. If Chick can keep contain and continue to improve he does seem to add more pass rush potential than Moats.

If Chicky has a good game he just might be the starter(rotational)the rest of the way out. Dupree might not even see the field this season. Get it done Chick!!

All you need to know about the University of Miami's coaching is that in 6 months, Mark Richt has them in the top 15 in the country and a miracle blocked PAT from being undefeated in the top 10. There's a LOT of talent down there that was completely wasted under Al Golden.

As for these young linebackers (Jones, Chickillo, Dupree)... LeBeau, and now Butler run a fairly complicated scheme and need players with specific talents to fit that scheme well. These kids are developing, give them some time. Our favorite guy, James Harrison, was cut twice before finally catching on and becoming one of the best to ever wear Black & Gold. He was undrafted in 2002, was signed to the practice squad, cut twice, signed by Baltimore in 2003, sent to Europe, cut 2 more times, finally signed by the Steelers again in 2004...played special teams and backed up Clark Haggans. Harrison didn't become the regular starter until 2007.

Sometimes it just takes a few years for a kid to catch on. We don't expect quarterbacks to be at their best right away, Ben was the rare exception. If football were mathematics, then College Football is probably Algebra... the NFL is advanced Calculus.

Chickillo and Jones are finding their groove...Dupree will eventually find his as well. Harrison and Porter (it would appear) have done a masterful job of bringing them along.

All you need to know about the University of Miami's coaching is that in 6 months, Mark Richt has them in the top 15 in the country and a miracle blocked PAT from being undefeated in the top 10. There's a LOT of talent down there that was completely wasted under Al Golden.

As for these young linebackers (Jones, Chickillo, Dupree)... LeBeau, and now Butler run a fairly complicated scheme and need players with specific talents to fit that scheme well. These kids are developing, give them some time. Our favorite guy, James Harrison, was cut twice before finally catching on and becoming one of the best to ever wear Black & Gold. He was undrafted in 2002, was signed to the practice squad, cut twice, signed by Baltimore in 2003, sent to Europe, cut 2 more times, finally signed by the Steelers again in 2004...played special teams and backed up Clark Haggans. Harrison didn't become the regular starter until 2007.

Sometimes it just takes a few years for a kid to catch on. We don't expect quarterbacks to be at their best right away, Ben was the rare exception. If football were mathematics, then College Football is probably Algebra... the NFL is advanced Calculus.

Chickillo and Jones are finding their groove...Dupree will eventually find his as well. Harrison and Porter (it would appear) have done a masterful job of bringing them along.

I said the same thing about the University of Miami under Al Golden. It was a total clown show. A good high school coach could have done better. I'm serious.

Chickillo could be on the verge of becoming a Mike Vrabel type of player, but he'll need a few more games like he had vs the Jets to prove it.

Jones is what he is, a zero as a pass rusher, and nothing more than assignment sound when deployed. He's in his prime and hurt again.

Dupree hit the rookie wall. He has the tools, but will he ever develop the instincts or technique to compliment it?

I said the same thing about the University of Miami under Al Golden. It was a total clown show. A good high school coach could have done better. I'm serious.

Chickillo could be on the verge of becoming a Mike Vrabel type of player, but he'll need a few more games like he had vs the Jets to prove it.

Jones is what he is, a zero as a pass rusher, and nothing more than assignment sound when deployed. He's in his prime and hurt again.

Dupree hit the rookie wall. He has the tools, but will he ever develop the instincts or technique to compliment it?

Dupree hasn't hit a rookie wall, he got injured. Very different

Last edited:
Hope Chickillo does well, I love great steeler linebackers.

BUT...

"One game vs the lowly Jets." -Coach

I too was wondering how that works. Smh. Talks out of both sides of his mouth...I mean ***

Last edited:
Dupree hasn't hit a rookie wall, he got injured. Very different

He's talking about last year. When most rookies hit the wall, they hit it in December. Dupree hit it in October...

Chick could be one the verge of becoming another "Vrabel type" player, could also be another Staat...who knows at this early stage?

Hoping for the best for him, we could sure use some pass rush with Cam sporting the sweats.