• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Day 3 Targets

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Okay I really didn't think Logan Hall would be a STeelers and he likely fits in better down in TB

still pissed Jones is dead to me as a pat......but I do like the kid the Steelers took in the 3rd

Not sure who to look for in the 4th.....maybe a RB like the Ford kid out of cincy, could still use a safety or tackle help

In the 6th I like my other CB out of UH Damarion Williams (if he lasts that late)

THe Steelers met with S/LB Deontay Anderson from UH at their Pro Day so they may take a flier on him in the 7th.

That leaves the other guys I was pimping as Udfa OLB David Anenih, quick kid but still kind of raw, would be a beast on special teams

I know they don't need more interior OL but Kody RUssey is worth a look. 38 reps on the bench and tested pretty mobile for a 300# kid

That leaves Jake Herslow WR - played his time at Old Dominion and transferred to UH for a final year. He came in expecting to just play special teams (which he did and did very well at) but studied and worked hard and ended up being one of the top targets down the stretch Caught the game winning TD to beat Auburn in the bowl game

So who else do you got??

ILB

Smith - PSU - might have to trade up to get today
Rose - Iowa St. - probably will be available late in 4th when we select--and might be an option with first pick in 6th

Last edited:
Faalele, Walker,Farrell,Spiller, and Bryant.

Chandler,Ford, and Ridgeway later...

I'd like to see OL. You can never have enough talent there. If anyone decent is still available I'm not sure...
And last year we didn't have any talent there, so there is that.

Mathis ..Pitt keep another guy in the building

S, CB, another WR, another DL (big, athletic NT), and maybe a project OL.

Lots of CB talent left, Tariq Woolen, Zyon McCollum, both Alabama guys, Castro-fields.

Safety - Leon O'Neal, Sterling Weatherford (I like this kid, he's a huge body, 6'4" 224), smoke Monday, Bubba Bolden

It really depends on the position they feel is more important, but there is tons of talent left. This was a deep draft of quality players. Might lack the star power others have had, but it's deep.

Andrews, Moore Jr., and Green (somewhere) look to be part of the OL for the next several years. Get an upgrade at RT, please. Best available:

Daniel Faalele OT Minnesota - pure RT. Dominating. Decent in space but he is the guy to build the running game. Why go strong-side on the right with this guy? Jeez, Faalele IS the strong side by himself.

Rasheed Walker OT Penn State - played a ton of LT, but he projects better on the right since he is a very good run blocker and not as adept at pass blocking. Big guy, very long arms, upgrades RT today.

Man if we didn’t give chuks thst stupid contract id be screaming to trade up and getting an OT…i mean i still want them to do it but I know they won’t

Andrews, Moore Jr., and Green (somewhere) look to be part of the OL for the next several years. Get an upgrade at RT, please. Best available:

Daniel Faalele OT Minnesota - pure RT. Dominating. Decent in space but he is the guy to build the running game. Why go strong-side on the right with this guy? Jeez, Faalele IS the strong side by himself.

Rasheed Walker OT Penn State - played a ton of LT, but he projects better on the right since he is a very good run blocker and not as adept at pass blocking. Big guy, very long arms, upgrades RT today.
Thaylor munford is another one, massive like faalele

I don't know if it is arrogance or what but this staff seems to think the OL is A-ok. Like others here I want Trench" guys. We need an OT. Either could have been upgraded with RT the first need.

I have to trust the coaching staff knows what we've got and our needs better than I but my two-bits are OL is in need. Last year's OL is still to close of a memory and yes they have done some in free agency, I just feel they needed a little bit more.

Salute the nation

I fully expect McCall and Humphrey to be there in the seventh… both are 350 lb beasts and both supposedly played bigger in college … both are guys I could see our coaching staff fixing their fundamental glitches of playing high and them each being true NTs

I don't know if it is arrogance or what but this staff seems to think the OL is A-ok. Like others here I want Trench" guys. We need an OT. Either could have been upgraded with RT the first need.

I have to trust the coaching staff knows what we've got and our needs better than I but my two-bits are OL is in need. Last year's OL is still to close of a memory and yes they have done some in free agency, I just feel they needed a little bit more.

Salute the nation
I think they beefed up that interior a lot and i think Green will be better either at C or G but he probably is a backup this season… but OT just … i mean you are hoping Moore is dramatically better and chuks was soo pedestrian with so many penalties at dumb times… that is where i want some kid to really push them…

OT faalele, walker, mitchell, Munford
CB Bryant, Mathis, armour davis, woolen
OG: there are a bunch of good ones available.

If none of the top oT are left I bet we go CB, there's depth available

I think they beefed up that interior a lot and i think Green will be better either at C or G but he probably is a backup this season… but OT just … i mean you are hoping Moore is dramatically better and chuks was soo pedestrian with so many penalties at dumb times… that is where i want some kid to really push them…

Interior is probably good it's the outside two I worry about.

I've liked Moore from day one and will continue to support his play but like you, I have to hope he steps up in year two. He had rookie-ism last year but this year I'd think he elevates at least to some better degree.

As for Chucks, he is a back up playing a starter role. We could use an upgrade and I think there is one available here in rnd 4.

Salute the nation

Interior is probably good it's the outside two I worry about.

I've liked Moore from day one and will continue to support his play but like you, I have to hope he steps up in year two. He had rookie-ism last year but this year I'd think he elevates at least to some better degree.

As for Chucks, he is a back up playing a starter role. We could use an upgrade and I think there is one available here in rnd 4.

Salute the nation
Right butvthe contract they gave the guy makes him feel like a long term starter in their eyes… i mean he is still only a third year starter… but i mean there are way better prospects that you can bring in to push him

OT is definitely where im hoping they go in this round but they probably go RB or something less needed like that

Right butvthe contract they gave the guy makes him feel like a long term starter in their eyes… i mean he is still only a third year starter… but i mean there are way better prospects that you can bring in to push him

Totaly hear yaz madinsomniac, thus the arrogance of the coaching staff. You don't get better if you doon't bring in better competition.

Maybe better interior play will help the outside two and we may have a mute point. I still think OT in rnd 4 is needed.

I don't know the degree of confidence in the OL coach yet but will give that aspect a wait and see.

I see our OC on a 4-6 week display and if that is faltering he should be gone, in-season GONE.

Salute the nation

Best left.

OL- Zach Tom might have to kick inside but imo has a shot to stay LT with his movement skills.
Darian Kinnard is probably a road grader RT or RG. He has the length to stay at tackle but I’m not sure he has the movement skills for it.
Daniel Faalele should become a starting RT only. Still really raw but his size should help him overcome some of the early technique issues he’ll have.
Max Mitchell is another RT only. Good run blocker but a little bit of a liability in pass pro.
Braxton Jones has LT length and athleticism. Very raw technique wise but has good upside.
Rasheed Walker is a bit of an enigma. Has some A+ traits then some others that don’t fit the mold. Sometimes dominates then sometimes comes out flat.

OC- Alec Lindstrom is probably a center only prospect but could allow Daniels and Cole to take over at the guard positions. He’s one of the higher floor players left on the board imo.

ILB- Brandon Smith is an A+ athlete who hasn’t put it all together. Probably could have used another season in happy valley but given the fact we missed out on Chenal we really could use an A+ athlete to insure against another Bush meltdown.
Darrian Beavers is a decent thumper for the middle. Not as rangy as Smith but an A+ run defender.

OLB/Edge- Amare Barno is a boom or bust type player. A+ athlete without the kind of production you’d expect. Though in 2020 had 16 tfl. Just seemed to regress a little this year.
Christopher Allen could be a steal as he was injured for the 2021 season. Some concerns as it’s an injury on the same foot he had injured before. But stillset and athleticism is there.

DL- Neil Farrell Jr would be a nice addition to the middle of our line. Big man who uses strength to push up the gut and collapse the pocket.
Eyioma Uwazurike is more of a DE in the 3-4 and probably needs to get stronger vs the run. But we could use two DE’s to replace Heyward and Tuitt eventually.
Matthew Butler is a 3 technique who again would come in for Heyward or Tuitt eventually. Not the pass rusher of Eyioma but a way better run defender.

WR- Calvin Austin III I don’t feel falls to use but if he did we’d have to consider going WR again. Rangy little human joystick with some good speed.
Khalil Shakir is probably one of the highest floor players left. He might not be a thousand yard guy but he should be a solid 750+ guy and have a 7-10 year nfl career.

RB- Damoen Pierce has probably the freshest legs of all RB’s. His 39 broken tackles per 100 attempts ranks #1 in college football.
Isaiah Spiller is the opposite of Pierce in the sense of being 20 years old has a lot of experience and tape. He’s not a homerun threat but a consistent fall forward and get the tough yards back.

QB- Sam Howell has to be an option even though we went Pickett. Value is too great to pass up. Redskins went RG3 and Cousins round 1 and 4 and who’s in the pro bowl and who’s commentating the draft?

TE- Daniel Bellinger would be a nice insurance policy if Gentry leaves and be a nice #3 this year. Big guy, soft hands, and decent blocker.
Charlie Kolar is more of a pass catcher than your true every down TE but his 6-7 length makes him a mismatch nightmare for defenders.
Cade Otton is a pretty high floor TE. Not flashy but decent receiver and a better than average in-line blocker.

Last edited:
I fully expect McCall and Humphrey to be there in the seventh… both are 350 lb beasts and both supposedly played bigger in college … both are guys I could see our coaching staff fixing their fundamental glitches of playing high and them each being true NTs
how the hell do you play bigger than 350????