• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Election Day Ground Reports: let's hear em

Spike

Reaction score
How’s the turnout in your area? Busy? How long did you wait? Any issues or concerns? What’s the overall situation in your voting locales? City, town, country hicks?

let's hear it all

I voted last week no issues at all.

Live in an Ohio suburban area and it usually goes pretty quick. Went to vote around 10am (after early rush) and was still busy.
They have 9 machines and they were all in use. Very steady stream of people and the line ranged from 7-12 deep while I was there.

At my polling place in western MD it was twice as busy as I have ever experienced before. I voted around 10 am, so it was not a peak time.

My wife has been working elections for the last 4 years.

We live in a very "Democrat" county in a "Republican" State. MT will go red, however the county will almost undoubtedly go blue.

I will be VERY interested to see how the county goes in terms of the presidential race though. Certainly on the other ballot items we'll go blue. That's not even a question. Butte MT is one of the birth-places of Union-ism.

Turnout seems heavy here in the Philly suburb of Chester County. Not spectacularly heavy, but heavier than the last presidential election. Waited about 15 minutes.

Chester County has been historically Republican, althogh Mitt only won by .5% here and Bob Casey won by 3%. I feel a shift to blue is in the air here, hoping I'm wrong. This is a highly educated high income part of PA and Trump is not very popular here. Just hope he doesn't drag Toomey down with him.

Oh, one concern...our polling place is the county nursing home and while I waited I saw several residents being brought in on wheelchairs and hospital beds. Some were obviously mentally incapacitated and there were people there explaining the parties and the choices to them so they could vote. A couple of them clearly had no clue what was being said to them. I found that odd. Definitely some room for manipulation there. There appeared to be a couple of observers listening in and I couldn't hear everything that was said so nothing definitive, but I don't know, something about that bothered me.

Just returned from voting here in central Jersey. Most of the folks in line were wearing red indicating a majority were voting Trump.

My wife went before work when the polls first opened and said there was a geriatric confrontation between two old women when they were exiting the school. One shouted out loud 'go Trump!' while another started yelling that 'he'll bring WWW-III!.' Gotta love it. The vibe here in this area is definitely pro-Trump evident by all the lawn signs. VERY few Hitlery around these parts.

Oh, one concern...our polling place is the county nursing home and while I waited I saw several residents being brought in on wheelchairs and hospital beds. Some were obviously mentally incapacitated and there were people there explaining the parties and the choices to them so they could vote. A couple of them clearly had no clue what was being said to them. I found that odd. Definitely some room for manipulation there. There appeared to be a couple of observers listening in and I couldn't hear everything that was said so nothing definitive, but I don't know, something about that bothered me.

I'm sure that they very clearly stated their support for Hillary well before they got Alzheimer's.

Lines longer than normal in our mainly Republican polling place. Good sign.

5:45 this morning there were over 100 people ahead of me. Usually I walk right in at 6:30. It took an hour. My wife voted at 11:15 and the line was still an hour long. Carmel is the most republican city in the most republican county (Hamilton) in Indiana. Trump's rallies here, like everywhere else, drew massive crowds. The heavy voter turnout at least here is all Trump. He might get 90%. Having Pence on the ticket helps him here too. Indiana is solid red.

Just got back from our little precinct church in the reddest of red counties, FL panhandle - just beat the lunch crowd - busier than usual!

Never seen this before either .....Lots of First Time Voters in line.... oh, the medical marijuana amendment! yes!

Somebody wanted help in a booth, was holding up the ballot line, the helpers can't help people vote! looked Spanish, no english?

but I still only waited in line about 5 minutes - home and back in 20

and it drizzled! sweet smell of rain in the morning- hasn't rained in over a month

1108161119.jpg

I have VERY good news. Here in South Eastern Florida ( A very blue part of the nation ) , I saw next to no lines, and its 78 degrees and sunny. Furthermore, people are uptight, and no one wants to talk about the election. I never saw voting like this, it was as if people were going to a funeral and just wanted to get in and out.

Dems need a big turnout here. There was also major case on Fraud.

" Brenda Snipes claims staff were “replicating damaged ballots” ... winning Florida they're starting their fraud ops 4 days before the election." Snipes is the supervisors of elections in my area.

Last edited:
Lines about normal at 7:30 this morning in Weehawken.
2 lines -- there were 2 people in line A-K and 30 in line L-Z. Guess which line I was in.

Took 40 minutes to vote then head out to the bus stop to NYC.
As I walked out, my 2nd floor tenant was walking in to the school. She was in line A-K and actually made it onto the bus when I did.

No indication of voter sentiment, but my polling place wasn't handing out "I voted" stickers. Bummer.

Voted by mail a week ago. And so there wouldn't be any confusion I put two stamps on the envelope.

I voted early but went with co-worker just to observe.

I wore a Hillary t just to see if I could cause a few heart attacks among some of the old white racists here.

To my chagrin I went unnoticed because of the HUGE hispanic turnout. I was frankly shocked as this county and state is bible belt *** backwards red and ive never seen minority turnout like this(including African Americans), shame it will go Republican like it always does.

My shirt didn't have much impact but you could tell there were "some people" obviously perturbed by so many people of color exercising their right.

There goes the neighboorhood!

They probably just thought it was bingo night.

5:45 this morning there were over 100 people ahead of me. Usually I walk right in at 6:30. It took an hour. My wife voted at 11:15 and the line was still an hour long. Carmel is the most republican city in the most republican county (Hamilton) in Indiana. Trump's rallies here, like everywhere else, drew massive crowds. The heavy voter turnout at least here is all Trump. He might get 90%. Having Pence on the ticket helps him here too. Indiana is solid red.

Godbless you Hoosiers

Took me over an hour, several hundred white people and one Indian women, pretty sure my township will vote Republican.

I voted early but went with co-worker just to observe.

I wore a Hillary t just to see if I could cause a few heart attacks among some of the old white racists here.

To my chagrin I went unnoticed because of the HUGE hispanic turnout. I was frankly shocked as this county and state is bible belt *** backwards red and ive never seen minority turnout like this(including African Americans), shame it will go Republican like it always does.

My shirt didn't have much impact but you could tell there were "some people" obviously perturbed by so many people of color exercising their right.

There goes the neighboorhood!

what a surprise, a libtard trying to stir **** up at the polls......dumbass

Central Iowa here. Went at 8:30. There was no wait. I was the 175th voter. Usually it's around 80 so I'd say a fairly good turnout so far.

PS. There was the man with no registration, documentation of name and address and trying to vote with his passport. He looked/sounded middle eastern. The sent him to the County Auditor.

people are uptight, and no one wants to talk about the election. I never saw voting like this, it was as if people were going to a funeral and just wanted to get in and out.

huh - just the opposite here - I usually never hear people talk in line but everybody was chatty

When I said there were a lot of first time voters, I meant kids - girls with nose-rings, one black and one hispanic kid - they have a special table for first timers...everyone was excited to see them!

I asked if they were having fun, they looked around a lot - maybe it was the first time they were ever inside a church

ha ha

got my sticker

Central Iowa here. Went at 8:30. There was no wait. I was the 175th voter. Usually it's around 80 so I'd say a fairly good turnout so far.

PS. There was the man with no registration, documentation of name and address and trying to vote with his passport. He looked/sounded middle eastern. The sent him to the County Auditor.

Voter fraud is an unshown medium. I'd like to see a documentary with cameras one day. Just pay the fraud type to sign off on the affidavit.

Jaws would drop.

Once more just register every american to vote, tie it to their Ss# make them do a fingerprint scan to vote... Or just issue everyone a public id card... Its extremely cheap to do even with security features...

Once more just register every american to vote, tie it to their Ss# make them do a fingerprint scan to vote... Or just issue everyone a public id card... Its extremely cheap to do even with security features...

That would be extremely racist.