• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Elliott said we jacked around in practice all week

I read something to that affect this morning where he insinuated that attention to detail was not what it should have been during the week.
Looks like he was correct!

Do players share any responsibility for not "jacking" around all week? Professional players can't figure out they are "jacking" around and get focused?

They lost. It happens. It probably happens sometimes even if they weren't "jacking" around all week.

Jacking around and the slow starts for at least 3 years in a row now are 100% on Tomlin. He is the common denominator. It's shocking that Rooney doesn't see this or hear this and do something about it. Tomlin living in his fears for the slow starts. We should play to win and not play not to lose.

Jacking around and the slow starts for at least 3 years in a row now are 100% on Tomlin. He is the common denominator. It's shocking that Rooney doesn't see this or hear this and do something about it. Tomlin living in his fears for the slow starts. We should play to win and not play not to lose.

Only 6 more wins until the standard objective is reached.

We will see what this week looks like to determine if anything has really changed from prior seasons.

Look, I, like most of you, I have wanted them to move on from Tomlin. I just object to the simplicity of the argument. Only two teams are 4-0. If you accept this simplicity, then those are the only two teams that have "jacked" around at some point. With the rarity of undefeated seasons, at some point every coach must let their team "jack" around. Also, this simple response allows him to be all incredulous when asked, "We weren't jacking around!" and then he doesn't answer for real issues.

Right on, to conservative and idling along. We need the foot on the gas at all times, play to win and get the knock out.

Our whole philosophy has been play not to lose, while the NFL is geared to score more points to win.

Salute the nation

Look, I, like most of you, I have wanted them to move on from Tomlin. I just object to the simplicity of the argument. Only two teams are 4-0. If you accept this simplicity, then those are the only two teams that have "jacked" around at some point. With the rarity of undefeated seasons, at some point every coach must let their team "jack" around. Also, this simple response allows him to be all incredulous when asked, "We weren't jacking around!" and then he doesn't answer for real issues.
It's a matter of consistency. Every week should be the same approach, mindset, and focus on the end goal as a collective. When it's Colts week, apparently the focus isn't there, the intensity is lacking, and the coaching staff has no game plan for a polar opposite style of QB.

Right on, to conservative and idling along. We need the foot on the gas at all times, play to win and get the knock out.

Our whole philosophy has been play not to lose, while the NFL is geared to score more points to win.

Salute the nation

I was amped up the first three weeks,oh they're going to defend every blade of grass. It's going to be rough sledding for any team trying to score.

Then the Colts game happened and they looked disinterested,sloppy and soft.

The defense looked nothing like the first three weeks.

I was amped up the first three weeks,oh they're going to defend every blade of grass. It's going to be rough sledding for any team trying to score.

Then the Colts game happened and they looked disinterested,sloppy and soft.

The defense looked nothing like the first three weeks.
Up to the coaches to keep these players dialed in.

I have to blame a decent amount of that game on them. They didn’t put the players in the best position to succeed.

Belicheck rested on his laurels after 6 superbowls. Tomlin rests on his laurels as soon as a winning season looks promising. Checkers vs. Chess.

Where are our leaders on this team? As someone stated above. Last year or the year before Harris said something to Tomlin about this exact thing. Tomlin told him to just play RB and not to worry about it.

So when player steps up to be that team leader he is told to keep his mouth shut.

No wonder we have zero leaders on this team that would stop the stupid stuff and get the team focused.

Up to the coaches to keep these players dialed in.

I have to blame a decent amount of that game on them. They didn’t put the players in the best position to succeed.
Why is it soley on the coaches? They are professionals. And grown men. Making millions.

Where are our leaders on this team? As someone stated above. Last year or the year before Harris said something to Tomlin about this exact thing. Tomlin told him to just play RB and not to worry about it.

So when player steps up to be that team leader he is told to keep his mouth shut.

No wonder we have zero leaders on this team that would stop the stupid stuff and get the team focused.
The only thing I'll say to that is you need to have credibility. Has Najee attained that? Maybe that is why Tomlin told him not to worry about it. Perhaps a guy like Heyward or Minka or Watt would be better suited for that with their resumes.

Why is it soley on the coaches? They are professionals. And grown men. Making millions.
Because the coaches guide the ship their job is to put the players in the best position to succeed. It isn’t all in them but they are the front runner. The most successful teams have coaches that guide their team well. Know those X and Os and can make adjustments on the fly. Obviously the players and scouting department have a hand in the pie as well.

Salute the nation

I find it extremely interesting that we fall behind 17-0 then suddenly can move the ball... this is still a repressed Offense... its held back intentionally... when they cut loose they look good

I find it extremely interesting that we fall behind 17-0 then suddenly can move the ball... this is still a repressed Offense... its held back intentionally... when they cut loose they look good

Me too, It’s the philosophy handed down by the HC.

I’d venture to say a part of Tomlin wanted Ben gone as he would step out of the box and turn the offense loose, regardless of the plays called.

I sign of a HC being in to comfy of a chair, for too long.

Defense helps, but offense is needed. We are trying to win using old era tactics.

Salute the nation

I do not like Tomlin, but alot of what we saw was a lack of intensity. Coaches can only do so much when it comes to intensity it is up to the players to rise up. This was a typical trap game. We beat a tough undefeated team and have a big primetime game next.

I do not like Tomlin, but alot of what we saw was a lack of intensity. Coaches can only do so much when it comes to intensity it is up to the players to rise up. This was a typical trap game. We beat a tough undefeated team and have a big primetime game next.

Oh I think its separate issues...

Issue 1 is the long term symptoms that kneecap the team at times

Issue 2 is the plethora of boneheaded individual plays the players did to lose that game... which were not at all any coaches fault

So, the two dropped Picks from JPJ, Issue 2
The idiotic Challenge, Issue 1

Turning down a 58 yard FG on their side of the field, but then next drive going for it on 4th and 1 from our 39... issue 1
But the keystone cops fumbles by Pickens and Fields... issue 2

The bad snaps... Issue 2... just a bad individual play...

The offense that stays conservative until down big... Issue 1.. its been years now

That's your perception.

a man with a ponytail and a white shirt is looking at the camera .