• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Elliott said we jacked around in practice all week

Let it go men..,
It’s called a loss..everyone gets them..

Did yinz really believe Justin Fields was going to tie bradshaw and big Ben’s record of starting the season 4-0, with three of those wins on the road!

I surely didn’t …

Let’s bury the colts game and look like the team we know we can be on a nationally televised night game against … America’s team!

I want to hear the Yinzers with the classic Here we Go and Defense-Defense chants in the forth quarter Sunday night!

All 6 Steelers SB Championship teams lost games during the regular season.

Although it’s hard to fathom that the 70’s Steelers actually did lose games. They were so badass.

Maybe they were jacking around that week.

Then again, they were that good they could afford to jack around once in a while.!

Last edited:
I don't know. In the early part of that game, it didn't look like they prepared for Richardson either.
Hell, it didn't look like they prepared for anyone on either side of the ball. Sadly, that has become the norm.

Hell, it didn't look like they prepared for anyone on either side of the ball. Sadly, that has become the norm.
I notice some of the fans here will back Tomlin no matter what and seem to get agitated when others express being tired of the same old same old.

I'm done saying "we'll get em' next year!". Tomlin has lowered expectatioms and it's criminal. We could have started off 8 and 0 and every still knows this team isn't going deep in the playoffs.

I notice some of the fans here will back Tomlin no matter what and seem to get agitated when others express being tired of the same old same old.

I'm done saying "we'll get em' next year!". Tomlin has lowered expectatioms and it's criminal. We could have started off 8 and 0 and every still knows this team isn't going deep in the playoffs.
You are wrong. It is not backing Tomlin. It is objections to the stupid arguments being made at times. There are plenty of factual reasons Tomlin should be gone, we don't need to get into the speculative crap.

Other teams have good players too, right?

According to this logic, whenever one team is successful, the other team must be unprepared? Could it be the one team just plays well?
Bingo bango left step Tango

I don't know. In the early part of that game, it didn't look like they prepared for Richardson either.
He is so all over the place he is frankly hard to prepare for. He does some spectacular stuff, some spectacularly bad some good but none of it is very predictable.

Please, where have you been? PIT fans have been expressing multiple HC hangings back to Cowher when he couldn’t make it through playoffs and conference championships. His head was on a platter several times because of focus on defense, defense, defense and an offense which just managed games. Noll was panned frequently in the mid to late 80’s to the early 90’s. “Game passed him by”, “not enough talent to win”, “should have quit while he was ahead”. It’s no different now than 40 years ago.

Lowered expectations…..LOL. Every year, the FO prepares to compete for a championship. There are a dozen franchises who don’t. They stage their drive based on Cap room, draft picks and FAs. Funny thing is YOU know who those teams are. But you aren’t invested in those teams so they are ignored.

Please, where have you been? PIT fans have been expressing multiple HC hangings back to Cowher when he couldn’t make it through playoffs and conference championships. His head was on a platter several times because of focus on defense, defense, defense and an offense which just managed games. Noll was panned frequently in the mid to late 80’s to the early 90’s. “Game passed him by”, “not enough talent to win”, “should have quit while he was ahead”. It’s no different now than 40 years ago.

Lowered expectations…..LOL. Every year, the FO prepares to compete for a championship. There are a dozen franchises who don’t. They stage their drive based on Cap room, draft picks and FAs. Funny thing is YOU know who those teams are. But you aren’t invested in those teams so they are ignored.
Dang dude. Is your reading comprehension that bad???? Of course the FO tries to win, but the fans or at least those that can see KNOW we aren't going anywhere EVER again with Tomlick, so FAN expectations aren't there. If you go into any year with Tomlick with expecations of making a deep playoff run, I have to laugh at you. Get real.

I'm done saying "we'll get em' next year!". Tomlin has lowered expectatioms and it's criminal. We could have started off 8 and 0 and every still knows this team isn't going deep in the playoffs

You haven’t been here long enough.
I’d venture to say the agitation is the result of the incessant harping about Tomlin. You know it’s bad when those who never supported Tomlin start to become agitated..we get it, Tomlin is evil. Give it a ******* rest..for at least a thread.

I’d venture to say the agitation is the result of the incessant harping about Tomlin. You know it’s bad when those who never supported Tomlin start to become agitated..we get it, Tomlin is evil. Give it a ******* rest..for at least a thread.

Tomlick sux and so does the culture. Eliott is just another person to confirm it.

Give it a rest?? I'll give you a rest, instead. Enjoy ignore. You no longer exist to me.

Or ....since this is a message board.....let him say what he thinks? Weird I know. Crazy even. 🤪

Dang dude. Is your reading comprehension that bad???? Of course the FO tries to win, but the fans or at least those that can see KNOW we aren't going anywhere EVER again with Tomlick, so FAN expectations aren't there. If you go into any year with Tomlick with expecations of making a deep playoff run, I have to laugh at you. Get real.
I do! Laugh away.

It's more fun that way.

Thing is, if they don't, I can handle it.

It's a matter of consistency. Every week should be the same approach, mindset, and focus on the end goal as a collective. When it's Colts week, apparently the focus isn't there, the intensity is lacking, and the coaching staff has no game plan for a polar opposite style of QB.
The only thing I think needs to 'remain the same' is having referees at every practice.

We really performed well with the extra eyes all week long - BUT...

That costs money.

I just said it had nothing to do with one game. What part of that do you not understand and what part do you not understand about the trend of us getting nowhere and the trend of players saying we are lax?
I'm sensing too much blue in your grass, but that's me...

Move on. It was one loss.

I do! Laugh away.

It's more fun that way.

Thing is, if they don't, I can handle it.
I said a laugh, lop, the lippie, the lippie
To the hip hip hop-a you don't stop the rock
It to the bang-bang boogie, say up jump the boogie
To the rhythm of the boogie, the beat

Yep...too much lawn fertilizer. Thanks!!!

The only thing I think needs to 'remain the same' is having referees at every practice.

We really performed well with the extra eyes all week long - BUT...

That costs money.
Yep… an evidently the Steelers need to clean the lockers rooms more frequently..
We’re on a budget ya know!
Come on people…. Think!