• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

First half grades...

SteveA

Reaction score
8-0 a perfect record, yes, but there is much room for improvement. There are so many people & positions we can grade here, so I'll let this thread just take on a life of it's own. I'll offer somr grades & let SN fgive their thoughts as well

Roethlisberger: A-...MVP of the league for the first half. It could be argued that no one is more valuable to his team than Big Ben. His stats aren't on par with some young studs to win the MVP because he has had some terrible halves. But when he is on, he absolutely strikes fear into the opposing team. Ben has engineered several 4th quarter comebacks & completely taken over the 4th all year. In the second half of the season we will not continue to see these slow starts as Ben will make the necessary adjustments. His ability to get the ball out of his hand at a tick above 2 seconds is an amazing transformation. 18 TDs & 4 INTs is all you need to know, as has shown he is a more mature QB at age 38 and reinventing himself. His completion percentage is very good, but needs to land an occasional bomb to really open up the offense. Ben has been the ultimate field General, is 8-0, & a legitimate MVP candidate as the best player on one of the the NFL's top 2 teams

Tomlin: B+...8-0 brings his grade up. His leadership of this squad is unmistakeable. Can't give him an A because there are issues that have not been addressed. 1. The O-Line & getting the running game up to par. Change the blocking schemes, give the opposition more mis-direction & keep them off balance. 2. Slow starts. Over rule your OC & tell him to get the team going quicker. We have abandoned the Wide receiver jet sweep & would be nice to see those early in the game. Go 5 wide in the first instead of the 4th a bit more. Still at 8-0 the man has exceeded expectations & deserves to be recognized as the top tier coach he is. Every Forum for every NFL team ******* about their teams & Head Coaches. Monday morning Quarterbacking is what makes the NFL so exciting. But all you Tomlin haters need to recognize & acknowledge one thing today. He is a HOF Coach & at the half-way point in the season, CMT is the NFL's Coach of the Year.

Receiving Corp : B...Potentially we can have the best WR & TE squad in the league, but separation has been an issue in the first halves of games. These guys can easily get up to an A- if they can just get open more. The deep ball has been non-existent because they are not getting free. Coupled with Ben still finding his deep ball, we need to become at least a threat for a long one. I look for this to be fixed here soon. We don't really have a true #1 receiver. Juju has been phenomenal when he can get open, but they are keying on him & he is not a blazer. Juju has shown up at crunch time & has been clutch. His ball protection this year has been a huge improvement over past years as teams are swiping at the ball, but watch tape of how he is protecting the ball. It is textbook. Claypool is a stud & has all the tools Ben ever wanted in a receiver. And he is one tough MF, not afraid to mix it up un traffic or stand up for teammates or himself. The rook has had incredible moments & of course also disappeared at times as focus is on him more than most rookies. He needs NFL experience to figure this out. He will...DJ has been great one moment & awful the next. To these eyes he can be a premiere #2. What he lacks right now IMO is no fear...He hears footsteps at times & is wary of getting smashed by 250-300 behemoths. I can't say I blame him, but here's the thing: He is 180 something & for him to ever get to the next level he is going to NEED to play with wreckless abandon. While he has many AB qualities, what he really lacks at this time is AB's fearlessness...That said, for all the DJ distractors here, without his 40 plus clutch catch AND run with 3:09 left we probably are 7-1. Washington has been money this year, but is #4 on the depth chart, so opportunities are lacking. I expect him to see a few more opportunies in the 2nd half and show us some highlight material as Ben spreads the ball around. He has made the most of his limited opportunities. Ebron has proven to be a #1 TE & hopefully will be featured a bit more. He is our best FA signing in awhile. McDonald has had trouble getting separation, hence lack of opportunities. Great #2 TE though. I'd like us to run a few more 2TE sets. I love our overall receivng corp & thoroughly expect them to step it up in the second half of the season & start breaking off some big plays. We have one of the, if not thee deepest receiving corps in the NFL

O-Line: C+...So far the Achilles heel of this team. Pass protection & run protection are at opposite ends of the spectrum. Passing protection is pretty darn good as evidenced by Ben being sacked only 10 times in 8 games, much better than Bens career averages over a full season. Yes, Ben gets the ball out quickly, but when they back-pedal in passing situations, they are holding up & the pocket is rarely collapsing. I give the O-Line a B in pass protection. As for run protection, the O-line as a whole is just not getting it done. They are not blowing anybody off the line & gaping holes, or even small holes are very few and far in between. The line has not been able to give us crucual running first downs with short yardage late in games, so I docked their grade accordingly. In running protection they are a straight D right now. Making our backs look worse than they really are. One thing I have noticed is the holding penalties haven't been abnormal, so I bumped them a bit for that. DeCastro is not the same as maybe his injury has brought him down a bit. He is not dominating anyone, but not terrible either. Okorafor can look great one play & then get manyhandled the next. Okie was responsible for our failed 4th &1 earlier in the Dallas game. Randy Gregory blew him back 5-6 feet & got to Conner. When Chucks gets low & drives his feet he can bully people. Needs to stay lower IMO. AV & Feiler have been below average as many of our runs left have been blown up. A couple of times Av's man got in the backfield on passing plays & almost took off Bens head. Bens personal Body Guard, Maurkice Pouncey has been shaky on on abnormal number of snaps this year. His protection is still good, but make no mistake about it, he is not playing Pro-Bowl caliber, nor is DeCastro. The O-Line is our weakest link right now & a huge reason all the talking heads & me don't believe in our Running Backs. Conner can't "hit the hole" if there ain't no hole.

Running Backs: B-...No one is harder on Conner than me. I KNOW HE CAN DO THIS...But he falls flat sometimes. But a RB needs a good O-Line & well we ain't got one. That said, you still gotta make things happen if your O-Line is suspect. As a pass catcher Conner is Elite. He isn't shifty, & to me HE IS OUR POWER BACK, not Snell. They keep bringing Snell in for short yardage, but that needs to stop immediately. Snell IMO is now too small. He is just getting swallowed up by swarming defenses who know when he comes in there is a pretty good chance he actually gets the ball. They may as well put a flashing neon sign on Snell that he is getting the carry. McFarland has done well overall as a rookie in both running & catching. He is gonna bust a long, long one this year....Wait for it...I personally wouldn't care if JaySam ever gets on the field again, he has been that bad. Prove me wrong JaySam. If you don't you could be out of the league in a year. Would like us to do a few 2 back sets with Conner & Snell & even Mcfarland. Give them something else to think about. Bottom line is our running game scares no one in the NFL...It's no secret to even the talking heads that "The Steelers can't run the football'. We need a "closer" the second half of the season & the playoffs to make a serious run in the playoffs.

D-Line: A-... Cam has been pushing the line & as Romo said yesterday "Is a man among boys in the NFL". A throwback one man wrecking crew. Stephon Tuitt is pretty damn quick & elusive for his size & is playing at a Pro Bowl level. Starting to rack u the sacks. Alualu has been dynamic when healthy, & Buggs his replacement has filled in admirably after a disasterous first half against the Rats. #99 is stirring the pot every now and then when on the field. The man has all the markings of a Steeler Nation cult hero. The D line is a match up nighmare. Would have gotten an A, but the Ravens 265 yards rushing, dropped em.

Linebackers: A-.... Would have gotten an A, but Bud & TJ haven't really been quite as dominant the past 2 games. And the LB's are also responsible for the 265 yard the Ravens laid on us. Still they are the OLB's in the game IMO. Vince has been a monster in the middle. Spillane had a good first game, against Dallas he was neur=tralized a few times, but still kept digging to the ball. Spillane is Vince Williams light who loves to take flight, & has a nose for the ball. I don't think he wants to just hand this job or the green dot to Avery Williamson. I don't expect him to givwe up the starting job without a fight. Special recognition to Highsmith as he makes plays when he gets the opportunity.

Secondary: B-...Minkah is making his presence felt once again & that is bad news for the rest of the NFL. Minkah has been our "closer' the last 2 games as he has swatted away 2 potential game winning TD passes in a row to preserve the game. Haden & Nelson have both had their share of issues this year with penalties (Haden) & tackling (Nelson) But they still come upo with clutch plays. Edmunds though not a star, brings much needed length and athleticism to our secondary. We have given up a few big plays this year, but not an abnormal amount. This grade would have been lower, but damn this secondary saved our ***** 2 weeks in a row. We could have been 6-2 if our secondary didn't step up as time expired...Clutch football

Special Teams: B... Been solid all year, yesterday was a disaster. Ray Ray is gonna bust a few more before the year is over. DJ actually ran one back that was called back, right before Claypools coming out party. Boz was money all year, till yesterday. Good to finally see him get a shot at a long FG. He DOES have a big leg. Berry kicked *** yesterday, but let's not get it twisted, we know who he is.

Offense: B.... We are 5th in points scored per game. That's cool, that's good...But we have not been the juggernaut that stat would imply. I don't care if we have scored 24 plus in all our games, the consistency just has not been there. We are among the league leaders in 3 & outs and we are near the bottom of yards per game. If we can shake off the slow starts, we can start putting up some Madden-like #'s...All the nit picks & the crits aside, in crunch time Ben & the offense has delivered. This offense has not yet hit their stride, which doesn't bode well for our last 8 opponents.

Defense: B+... Been absolutely dominant at times.... We lead the league in sacks, tied for 4th in points allowed per game 9th in rushing yards allowed, 5th in passing yards allowed & 6th overall. The D has a reputation around the league, but still needs to improve. We still have a tendency to let people march down the field every now & then. But we have been dominant when we need to be, especially at the end of games...

RECORD: A+...8-0...Scoreboard baby !!!

Last edited:
On O, they should keep getting better. JuJu is starting to show his true worth. Claypool is going to be an absolute beast. Ben is loving both of them and his new toy, Ebron. If Ben's connection with those 3 and maybe 1 more WR continues to grow this year, the O will be tough to stop in the playoffs.

I keep wanting Johnson to make me a believer, but his flashes of brilliance aren't enough to light up the dark lapses of consistent play.

Sadly, yesterday Ben missed on a throw to him that he probably could have taken for at least 15 to 20 yards and maybe further. He is dynamic and I desperately WANT him to be great. Right now, I honestly prefer Washington's workhorse mentality, but I am admittedly biased so I try to keep that in check.

As for the offense being tough to stop in the playoffs, I'm not so sure about that. The offense has only been spectacular in the Browns game and the first half of the Titans game. (I believe that was it.) Other than that, while they have produced points consistently they certainly haven't looked dominant. Until they can put together a reliable running game, particularly when the opposing defense expects them to run, and until Ben and the receivers can figure out the middle and long passing game the team is dangerously predictable and one-dimensional.

Sure, Ben can find open guys, read a D and make some good throws. But either by design, situation or whatever he is not doing what he has been good at his entire career, and that's throwing the ball around 10 to 20 yards downfield. Until he can start consistently forcing defenses to play more honestly, the Steelers offense is in a position where it can be exploited.

J.M.O. I'm just a guy.

Last edited:
Johnson has been dealing with a bunch of injuries, including turf toe. So, hopefully, that is his problem this year.

I hope so. As I said, I WANT him to make me love him. I really do.

8-0 a perfect record, yes, but there is much room for improvement. There are so many people & positions we can grade here, so I'll let this thread just take on a life of it's own. I'll offer 3 grades & let SN fill out the rest.

Roethlisberger: A-...MVP of the league for the first half. It could be argued that no one is more valuable to his team than Big Ben. His stats aren't on par with some young studs to win the MVP because he has had some terrible halves. But when he is on, he absolutely strikes fear into the opposing team. Ben has engineered several 4th quarter comebacks & completely taken over the 4th all year. In the second half of the season we will not continue to see these slow starts as Ben will make the necessary adjustments. His ability to get the ball out of his hand at a tick above 2 seconds is an amazing transformation. 18 TDs & 4 INTs is all you need to know, as has shown he is a more mature QB at age 38 and reinventing himself. His completion percentage is very good, but needs to land an occasional bomb to really open up the offense. Ben has been the ultimate field General, is 8-0, & a legitimate MVP candidate as the best player on one of the the NFL's top 2 teams

Tomlin: B+...8-0 brings his grade up. His leadership of this squad is unmistakeable. Can't give him an A because there are issues that have not been addressed. 1. The O-Line & getting the running game up to par. Change the blocking schemes, give the opposition more mis-direction & keep them off balance. 2. Slow starts. Over rule your OC & tell him to get the team going quicker. We have abandoned the Wide receiver jet sweep & would be nice to see those early in the game. Go 5 wide in the first instead of the 4th a bit more. Still at 8-0 the man has exceeded expectations & deserves to be recognized as the top tier coach he is. Every Forum for every NFL team ******* about their teams & Head Coaches. Monday morning Quarterbacking is what makes the NFL so exciting. But all you Tomlin haters need to recognize & acknowledge one thing today. He is a HOF Coach & at the half-way point in the season, CMT is the NFL's Coach of the Year.

Receiving Corp : B...Potentially we can have the best WR & TE squad in the league, but separation has been an issue in the first halves of games. These guys can easily get up to an A- if they can just get open more. The deep ball has been non-existent because they are not getting free. Coupled with Ben still finding his deep ball, we need to become at least a threat for a long one. I look for this to be fixed here soon. We don't really have a true #1 receiver. Juju has been phenomenal when he can get open, but they are keying on him & he is not a blazer. Juju has shown up at crunch time & has been clutch. His ball protection this year has been a huge improvement over past years as teams are swiping at the ball, but watch tape of how he is protecting the ball. It is textbook. Claypool is a stud & has all the tools Ben ever wanted in a receiver. And he is one tough MF, not afraid to mix it up un traffic or stand up for teammates or himself. The rook has had incredible moments & of course also disappeared at times as focus is on him more than most rookies. He needs NFL experience to figure this out. He will...DJ has been great one moment & awful the next. To these eyes he can be a premiere #2. What he lacks right now IMO is no fear...He hears footsteps at times & is wary of getting smashed by 250-300 behemoths. I can't say I blame him, but here's the thing: He is 180 something & for him to ever get to the next level he is going to NEED to play with wreckless abandon. While he has many AB qualities, what he really lacks at this time is AB's fearlessness...That said, for all the DJ distractors here, without his 40 plus clutch catch AND run with 3:09 left we probably are 7-1. Washington has been money this year, but is #4 on the depth chart, so opportunities are lacking. I expect him to see a few more opportunies in the 2nd half and show us some highlight material as Ben spreads the ball around. He has made the most of his limited opportunities. Ebron has proven to be a #1 TE & hopefully will be featured a bit more. He is our best FA signing in awhile. McDonald has had trouble getting separation, hence lack of opportunities. Great #2 TE though. I'd like us to run a few more 2TE sets. I love our overall receivng corp & thoroughly expect them to step it up in the second half of the season & start breaking off some big plays. We have one of the, if not thee deepest receiving corp in the NFL

Are you grading the whole team? Like the writeup so far.

What grade does the O-line get? Is Dotson outplaying DeCastro? They are not blocking for the run well of late. How is Chuks holding up at RT? Big Al just about got Ben killed yesterday.

QB: A-
Ben is playing efficient football and he's in the top 10 in touchdown passes. I think we'd like to see him hit a higher percentage of his deep routes because we are leaving some big plays on the table. Not too much complain about, he's playing winning football and has placed the team on his shoulders multiple times this season.

RB: B-
This is a tough position group to grade. I don't think they're maximizing their opportunities, yet I don't think they're playing poorly either. Conner is on pace for 1,200 all-purpose yards without being a true workhorse this season. Snell has been okay and McFarland has been forced the ball too many times in bad spots, IMO, to be productive. The block and the scheme hurt this group.

WR/TE: B
This is a solid group. You have five TE/WR with 18 or more receptions and five with 3 or more touchdowns already. They bring a diverse set of skills even though we lack a true No. 1 playmaker. Just a few too many drops and missed opportunities to give them a higher score. Ebron isn't blowing it up, but he's picking up some steam in recent weeks and has touchdowns in back-to-back games. They need to continue to use him in the red zone, but I'd also like to see Fichtner use him down field a little more.

OL: C
This group isn't anywhere near where it was a few years ago when they were one of the best in the league. I don't know whether it's scheme, personnel, both...this unit cannot run block. They seem to be doing pretty well in pass protection, though that's been aided with Roethlisberger's quick release.

DL: A
The defensive line has been terrific. Heyward, Tuitt, and Alualu are three of the best defensive linemen in the league. They're getting after the quarterback and stuffing the run, well, at least until Alualu went out with an injury. The depth players have been adequate.

LBs: A
Watt is playing at a DPOY level and Dupree has wreaked havoc on the other side. The two have combined for 13 sacks. Vince Williams is making a living in the backfield with three sacks and 14.5 TFL while Spillane has done a surprisingly good job taking over for Bush. Along with the defensive line, the Steelers front seven is doing plenty of damage. Highsmith is quietly having a good rookie season.

DBs: C+
Too much chaos in this area of the defense. Haden looks a step slower and Nelson regressed back to normal. Minkah has made some big plays over the past couple of weeks, yet we can still acknowledge he isn't at the same level as last year. Edmunds is maybe a little improved, but nothing special.

ST: B
Until last week, the special teams had an A grade. Sunday was such a disaster I had to lower the score. Outside of that, Boz is very good and McCloud has been outstanding for the return game. Coverage units haven't made me scream until Dallas and the punting game stinks, but that's par for the course.

Coaching: B+
The Steelers just keep finding ways to win. However, the Steelers keep finding ways to win. They should have to find a way each week. At some point this team is good enough to assert itself to get a comfortable win as they did against Cleveland. Tomlin has made some good decisions, has the team playing winning football, and is doing a good job getting depth players to produce. Defensively and on special teams, the coaching staff has the team ready each week. We have seen some breakdowns, sometimes major, but in other games there've been noticeable halftime adjustments. The offense feels like a disaster so often early in games. The scripted plays are a mess and don't produce. Maybe its some bias against our OC, but I like what this offense does with the Matt Canada concepts or Ben running the show. It's frustrating to watch when we see Coach Randy's offense.

QB: A-
Ben is playing efficient football and he's in the top 10 in touchdown passes. I think we'd like to see him hit a higher percentage of his deep routes because we are leaving some big plays on the table. Not too much complain about, he's playing winning football and has placed the team on his shoulders multiple times this season.

RB: B-
This is a tough position group to grade. I don't think they're maximizing their opportunities, yet I don't think they're playing poorly either. Conner is on pace for 1,200 all-purpose yards without being a true workhorse this season. Snell has been okay and McFarland has been forced the ball too many times in bad spots, IMO, to be productive. The block and the scheme hurt this group.

WR/TE: B
This is a solid group. You have five TE/WR with 18 or more receptions and five with 3 or more touchdowns already. They bring a diverse set of skills even though we lack a true No. 1 playmaker. Just a few too many drops and missed opportunities to give them a higher score. Ebron isn't blowing it up, but he's picking up some steam in recent weeks and has touchdowns in back-to-back games. They need to continue to use him in the red zone, but I'd also like to see Fichtner use him down field a little more.

OL: C
This group isn't anywhere near where it was a few years ago when they were one of the best in the league. I don't know whether it's scheme, personnel, both...this unit cannot run block. They seem to be doing pretty well in pass protection, though that's been aided with Roethlisberger's quick release.

DL: A
The defensive line has been terrific. Heyward, Tuitt, and Alualu are three of the best defensive linemen in the league. They're getting after the quarterback and stuffing the run, well, at least until Alualu went out with an injury. The depth players have been adequate.

LBs: A
Watt is playing at a DPOY level and Dupree has wreaked havoc on the other side. The two have combined for 13 sacks. Vince Williams is making a living in the backfield with three sacks and 14.5 TFL while Spillane has done a surprisingly good job taking over for Bush. Along with the defensive line, the Steelers front seven is doing plenty of damage. Highsmith is quietly having a good rookie season.

DBs: C+
Too much chaos in this area of the defense. Haden looks a step slower and Nelson regressed back to normal. Minkah has made some big plays over the past couple of weeks, yet we can still acknowledge he isn't at the same level as last year. Edmunds is maybe a little improved, but nothing special.

ST: B
Until last week, the special teams had an A grade. Sunday was such a disaster I had to lower the score. Outside of that, Boz is very good and McCloud has been outstanding for the return game. Coverage units haven't made me scream until Dallas and the punting game stinks, but that's par for the course.

Coaching: B+
The Steelers just keep finding ways to win. However, the Steelers keep finding ways to win. They should have to find a way each week. At some point this team is good enough to assert itself to get a comfortable win as they did against Cleveland. Tomlin has made some good decisions, has the team playing winning football, and is doing a good job getting depth players to produce. Defensively and on special teams, the coaching staff has the team ready each week. We have seen some breakdowns, sometimes major, but in other games there've been noticeable halftime adjustments. The offense feels like a disaster so often early in games. The scripted plays are a mess and don't produce. Maybe its some bias against our OC, but I like what this offense does with the Matt Canada concepts or Ben running the show. It's frustrating to watch when we see Coach Randy's offense.

I think sometimes the O-line is playing B football but as of late I can't argue with the C grade. I am on the fence about Feiler being a starting G or our starting G, DeCastro had battled injury's and I think Pouncey is showing some wear.

I think Nelson has done fine overall but I also think Haden is slipping.

I do think there is enough pieces here for a championship, but let's see what the second half brings.

Good stuff Steve and 448. There's my hard-hitting analysis. Still worthless (shaddup Hines).

Lets remember that the oline was rocked by early injuries. Decastro being out really hurts the run game... he is a great pulling guard... the dbs regression makes Little sense though... last year they had 3 of the top ranked cbs in the league plus Minks... some of it might be the qbs throwing at coverage more, but they are making fewer plays on balls and there are a lot of coverages blown too...

The starting dl gets an A++, but really i am concerned with the depth right now

The steelers could easily be the top team going into tge playoffs, but they need to stay healthy in a couple areas and get more consistent play from virtually everyone not on the dline

Lets remember that the oline was rocked by early injuries. Decastro being out really hurts the run game... he is a great pulling guard... the dbs regression makes Little sense though... last year they had 3 of the top ranked cbs in the league plus Minks... some of it might be the qbs throwing at coverage more, but they are making fewer plays on balls and there are a lot of coverages blown too...

Great takes....Yes, I believe De Castro is still being hampered by the injury. It is clear he does not have the same explosiveness. The DB evaluation is spot on...

I

As for the offense being tough to stop in the playoffs, I'm not so sure about that. The offense has only been spectacular in the Browns game and the first half of the Titans game. (I believe that was it.) Other than that, while they have produced points consistently they certainly haven't looked dominant. Until they can put together a reliable running game, particularly when the opposing defense expects them to run, and until Ben and the receivers can figure out the middle and long passing game the team is dangerously predictable and one-dimensional.

Good evaluation of the offense. It looks way better in total points, than it actually has been

I keep wanting Johnson to make me a believer, but his flashes of brilliance aren't enough to light up the dark lapses of consistent play.

Sadly, yesterday Ben missed on a throw to him that he probably could have taken for at least 15 to 20 yards and maybe further. He is dynamic and I desperately WANT him to be great. Right now, I honestly prefer Washington's workhorse mentality, but I am admittedly biased so I try to keep that in check.

Sure, Ben can find open guys, read a D and make some good throws. But either by design, situation or whatever he is not doing what he has been good at his entire career, and that's throwing the ball around 10 to 20 yards downfield. Until he can start consistently forcing defenses to play more honestly, the Steelers offense is in a position where it can be exploited.

J.M.O. I'm just a guy.

you're just a guy, huh? you mean like a "jag"? (hey, easy now, i said "jag", not "jagoff"!):tongue-new:

sunday the special teams fell to an F...D- at best

wig, I think if they go to the no huddle or muddle huddle and spread it out like they did in the second half the last two games, the offense can score on anyone

The only reason our OL was ever good was because we had Munchak. As soon as he left it took a dive back to mediocrity.

Take a look at the O... there are a bunch of things we do better than in the recent past but a lot of flaws that we didn’t used to have

Run blocking... I totally agree that since munch left our runblocking has blown. I think we bring guys in to passblock and i am afraid our scheme might be bad... it scares the **** out of me that niether the oline coach, oc, st coach, or head coach could solve a seemingly simple rush tactic dallas used against our kicking formations... so im not sure solving the run game is in their wheelhouse

The deep passes... Im not sure fitchner has the play-design chops for the deep game... they utilize a lot of short Routes that clear out areas, but their deep routes don't really shift coverages open as much... several actually ran a second receiver into the area of the pass, bringing extra coverage with him...

The whole offense feels forced in the first half... except for like two games this year... its like they gameplan for something and try to force it to work... like running on that ****** dallas D...

It wasn’t working... we just forced it until we went to the no huddle

I agree with cope.. lets just go run and shoot the rest of the way...

The only reason our OL was ever good was because we had Munchak. As soon as he left it took a dive back to mediocrity.

Seriously? We've played a different player at C, RG, RT, and XT this year and we're still 8-0. That is the measure of OL success. Do the backups respond and play well when called upon. Up to this point, that is an emphatic yes!

I will say Dotson is a better run blocker than DD IMHO.

Seriously? We've played a different player at C, RG, RT, and XT this year and we're still 8-0. That is the measure of OL success. Do the backups respond and play well when called upon. Up to this point, that is an emphatic yes!

Nail meet hammer. This is exactly what has and will happen. Mind you I am NOT taking anything away from Munchack as he was a GREAT coach while here. He passed the torch as he gave thought everything he could to current OL coach (can't Remeber name). Munch even said this in an exiting interview so it doesn't surprise me in the fact of how our current OL coach is doing. Yes he had adversity to deal with & new to OL coach responsibilities to deal with last year but this year he in NOT missing a beat. OUR offense has change since munch has been here and our OL is changing to command such changes along with OL coach.

Salute the nation

Nail meet hammer. This is exactly what has and will happen. Mind you I am NOT taking anything away from Munchack as he was a GREAT coach while here. He passed the torch as he gave thought everything he could to current OL coach (can't Remeber name). Munch even said this in an exiting interview so it doesn't surprise me in the fact of how our current OL coach is doing. Yes he had adversity to deal with & new to OL coach responsibilities to deal with last year but this year he in NOT missing a beat. OUR offense has change since munch has been here and our OL is changing to command such changes along with OL coach.

Salute the nation

8-0 equates to an A from me. Yes, we're not perfect and there are some areas of concern but I'd give the team an overall A; especially because of COVID and the uncertainties that we've navigated thru thus far...

Take a look at the O... there are a bunch of things we do better than in the recent past but a lot of flaws that we didn’t used to have

The whole offense feels forced in the first half...

If we can start playing 2 halves offensively, we're gonna put up 40 plus