• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Florida Valentines Day Shooting

Here is what happens. A shooting like this happens and tge left wags its finger at the right like at this point gun laws would somehow solve all these very complex problems. If something happens that has a "terrorist" slant the right is all over the left talking about curtailing rights of foreign people. Ok but neither solves anything. Why. Cause they are totally unsolveable unless people work together to at least minimize the problems. The reality is people who threaten your country will have to have their rights curtailed. And if they dont want to. Go home. But at the same time if guns are in the hands of people who arent legitimate sportsman. You got a problem their too. In Canada we have very high gun per citizen rates. But the vast majority of those people can gut a deer or clean a waterfowl. If you own a gun because guns are cool. Join the military. If the right and the left wont work together on solutions this **** will continue to play out time after time at an alarming rate. And you can talk about Denmark all you want. But it doesnt happen there twice a year.
What the **** is your point?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteelerLyn: "Kids are afraid to speak up when they see something because they don't want to be labeled as racist, homophobic, genderphobic, xenophobic. It's PC gone awry."

To the woodshed....again. Jesus, why do you persist.

Code of Silence: Students’ Perceptions of School Climate and Willingness to Intervene in a Peer's Dangerous Plan

Now why would kids fear that going to a teacher would get them into more trouble? Lyn's theory holds water. The study already shows students may be fearful of notifying the school for fear of being labeled a snitch or a narc. That's one theory. Why else might they be afraid? The study shows, they are afraid " to do something that they perceive could result in unfavorable consequences for themselves or someone they care about." What are those negative consequences? If the kid is black, and I rat him out because I think he's potentially dangerous, I'll be labeled a racist. If he's Hispanic, I'll be labeled a racist. Pretty easy conclusion to reach and the study supports this.

So to do real life events.

The San Bernadino terrorists. It's documented: neighbors were highly worried and suspicious about the two terrorists, but admitted they didn't say anything for fear of being labeled Islamaphobes or racists.

Yes, the new PC culture is quite literally leading to death.

Yep! Big part of that. Especially the being in fear part of not knowing if they'll go after you or family.

I kinda laugh at all of my teacher friends who are in total panic mode. They are rearranging classrooms for best intruder protection, posting all kinds of anti-gun FB memes, and generally going off the deep end over this.

I GET that it's a scary thing. I understand. But to let it consume your life like they are is pretty unhealthy. That's all that I've seen on my FB feed since the shooting. And the solutions they come up with are pretty laughable. One I saw was "GO ON STRIKE UNTIL GUN LEGISLATION IS PASSED." THAT one made me laugh out loud.

I kinda laugh at all of my teacher friends who are in total panic mode. They are rearranging classrooms for best intruder protection, posting all kinds of anti-gun FB memes, and generally going off the deep end over this.

I GET that it's a scary thing. I understand. But to let it consume your life like they are is pretty unhealthy. That's all that I've seen on my FB feed since the shooting. And the solutions they come up with are pretty laughable. One I saw was "GO ON STRIKE UNTIL GUN LEGISLATION IS PASSED." THAT one made me laugh out loud.

I know anytime i go out somewhere like the movies, concert, mall, etc etc i try to scan as many people as i cam along with looking for exits/ cover. It is sad times when you have to worry about that stuff.

In Canada we have very high gun per citizen rates. But the vast majority of those people can gut a deer or clean a waterfowl.
So Canada has a lower percentage of murderous gun owners because the vast majority of gun owners in Canada are comfortable disemboweling large animals. That might be a tough litmus test to sell down here.

HThe reality is people who threaten your country will have to have their rights curtailed. .

If they threaten our country, we usually shove a drone up their ***. How is that for curtailing someone's rights?

So Canada has a lower percentage of murderous gun owners because the vast majority of gun owners in Canada are comfortable disemboweling large animals. That might be a tough litmus test to sell down here.
No. People who ARE LEGITIMATE HUNTING FAMILIES RESPECT FIRE ARMS. My guns are for hunting. Not dick swagger. My kids respect weapons. They know it only has one real purpose. To kill. But kill animals. You can target shoot all you want. But that is to become proficient at the other. These guys dont use a .308 deer rifle which is all you need to be a hunter. They almost always carry dick swagger weapons.

No. People who ARE LEGITIMATE HUNTING FAMILIES RESPECT FIRE ARMS. My guns are for hunting. Not dick swagger. My kids respect weapons. They know it only has one real purpose. To kill. But kill animals. You can target shoot all you want. But that is to become proficient at the other. These guys dont use a .308 deer rifle which is all you need to be a hunter. They almost always carry dick swagger weapons.

I dunno, I have a locker full. No hand guns. They are for killing people. I have a 7mm-08, two .243 rifles, used to have a .280 (gave it away), and three shotguns. I hunt. I respect weapons. I disembowel animals. And I go target shooting.

Not sure exactly what dick swagger you speak of, but that ain't the problem.

I own a few guns. 3-4 hand guns. A shotgun and a AR-15. I am a CWP holder. If I have shorts or pants on I am armed , I carry for protection. I will not be a victim without at least having a chance to protect my family and myself.

7 posts down before the weapon gets mentioned........Repugnicans......

Nothing will be done, NOTHING! And Repugnicans and their gun industry donors are to blame. After the Vegas shooting there was agreement across the aisle that no one needs a bump stock. This type of accessory isn't even protected by the second amendment.....what happened? The NRA told it's Repugnican puppets what they wanted, that's what.

Repugnicans ARE THE SCUM OF THIS EARTH. 58 dead 500 wounded.......no worries, more kids slaughtered this time in Florida.......no worries, just keep the money flowing THIS IS THEIR GOD AND THEIR "MORALITY".

Party of " family values".........what a sick joke.

The rifle didn't kill anyone. The guy used the rifle to kill. Would you prefer he had used a box truck and shouted Alahu Ackbar while plowing through a crowd at 60MPH?

Last edited:
Hunters are not the only people who respect fire arms, and crazies are not represented less in the hunter population than the general population. Your blanket statement about why people should go to the range and your penis envy thing really takes away from whatever point you are trying to make.

The rifle didn't kill anyone. The guy used the rifle to kill. Would you prefer he had used a box truck and shouted Alahu Ackbar while plowing through a crowd at 60MPH?

DBS is right.
I can put a loaded gun on a table.
100% of the time the gun is not going to kill anyone. Incapable.

Now place a gun in an individuals hand. What they do with it is what counts.
Don't blame guns, blame irresponsible people.

It's not a republicans fault.
Nothing wrong with owning guns.
A lot of people who own guns are not careless psychos.

There are just those psychos who get ahold of them who give all a bad rap

I saw something that rang very true today:

When a terrorist kills innocent people, we blame the terrorist.
When someone uses a bomb to kill people, we blame the bomber.
When someone uses a gun to kill, we blame the gun.

I dunno, I have a locker full. No hand guns. They are for killing people. I have a 7mm-08, two .243 rifles, used to have a .280 (gave it away), and three shotguns. I hunt. I respect weapons. I disembowel animals. And I go target shooting.

So you have six weapons to kill one man who will in all probably will never show up in your life. Then I guess you are scared. I live in a community of 400k. My friend lives So far of that he carries gun at all times in the woods because he could encounter a huge black bear in the spring or pack of grey wolves in the fall or winter. He thinks the same as me. You are snowflakes afraid of your own shadow. But ****. What do we know about firearms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BAS
So you have six weapons to kill one man who will in all probably will never show up in your life. Then I guess you are scared. I live in a community of 400k

You have got to be one of the biggest dumb ***** on the board. Re-read what I posted. I have no hand guns = they kill people. So I don't own them. I have hunting rifles and shotguns - for hunting.

I don't even have the guns for self defense. I live in a 3 story home. Bedrooms on floor 3. The gun locker is in the basement. Locked up with three locks, two of which take a key that I keep hidden and no one knows where it is. The third lock is a combination lock. There is no getting into that gun locker quickly on purpose and it is not located where I sleep....on purpose.

Good Lord lol.

So you have six weapons to kill one man who will in all probably will never show up in your life. Then I guess you are scared. I live in a community of 400k

I saw something that rang very true today:

When a terrorist kills innocent people, we blame the terrorist.
When someone uses a bomb to kill people, we blame the bomber.
When someone uses a gun to kill, we blame the gun.

And no one talks solutions because they're too busy arguing over whether you take guns away from people, have stricter regulations or just blame mental illness.

Is it time to make schools like entering a football game? Numerous security at every entrance with metal detectors. No backpacks or gym bags, just a small, clear plastic bag for their lunches. Barriers around the school to prevent someone from driving a truck through a group of students. What are other areas of the world doing to successfully not have kids get killed in a school?

I already responded to your inane post. I see you're already halfway through a bottle of Canadian Rye?

And no one talks solutions because they're too busy arguing over whether you take guns away from people, have stricter regulations or just blame mental illness.

Is it time to make schools like entering a football game? Numerous security at every entrance with metal detectors. No backpacks or gym bags, just a small, clear plastic bag for their lunches. Barriers around the school to prevent someone from driving a truck through a group of students. What are other areas of the world doing to successfully not have kids get killed in a school?

This.

27752523_2057724827602608_20017867727355767_n.jpg

Think of all of the places we have armed security like airports and court houses. But we can't put an armed guard in a school? It's so stupid.

How many times have you seen one of these nuts try to shoot up a court house? Or go into an airport? Yes it has happened in airports, but far fewer than it's happened in schools.

Loonies bent on killing people attack soft targets, like schools. Provide a deterrence. It'll stop.

Who's paying for that? Schools have been reducing staffs, cutting programs, eliminating coaches and extracurricular activities. More gets cut to pay a highly trained person in every school. It's nice and all to see someone suggest volunteers, but is that realistic?

Who's paying for that? Schools have been reducing staffs, cutting programs, eliminating coaches and extracurricular activities. More gets cut to pay a highly trained person in every school. It's nice and all to see someone suggest volunteers, but is that realistic?

You start allocating for it. I think everyone would agree that school shootings are a problem. I don't know a person that wouldn't be willing to be taxed for something like this. Where do the airports and courthouses get the money for their guards?

Oh, there's a way.

My kids schools have security guards as it is here in Maryland. They get paid. They don't carry guns. Pay people that are trained and armed instead. Switch the money from "mall cops" to armed cops.

You start allocating for it. I think everyone would agree that school shootings are a problem. I don't know a person that wouldn't be willing to be taxed for something like this. Where do the airports and courthouses get the money for their guards?

So what education programs are you cutting to hire armed security? I know a lot of people that don't want taxes raised to benefit children's programs, this would not be an exception, IMO. Schools now will have the maximum increase in taxes allowed and still be on a bare bones budget.

So what education programs are you cutting to hire armed security? I know a lot of people that don't want taxes raised to benefit children's programs, this would not be an exception, IMO. Schools now will have the maximum increase in taxes allowed and still be on a bare bones budget.

I said raise the taxes. Or an alternate proposal, stop paying the "mall cops" that are in schools now and replace them with armed security.

If people aren't willing to spend $$ to fix this problem, then let the kids die.

Eventually they will pony up.

We as a society need to be willing to cut stupid programs that tax payer dollars go to and put the towards sensible programs like protecting our kids.