• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

For all the white folks clamoring Black Lives Matter...

You seem to have jumped to the conclusion that I was comparing Jesus and X. In my lengthy post, I explained why I see X as a hero while saying I didn't agree with all of his preaching or methodologies.

Saying Jesus was a radical and X was a radical is fair, they just weren't the same type of radicals, nor was I indicating as such.

Google "was Jesus a radical."

He was. Just a very different type of radical than Malcolm.

Heck there's even a book you can buy called Jesus the Radical: https://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Radical-Portrait-they-Crucified/dp/1573832367

I'd say that he was radical in that he had a perfect understanding of orthodoxy and the true intent of spirituality. That's established by statements such as "render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's." He also was very careful to say "think not that I am come to destroy the prophets, but to fulfill." He even told the people to listen to the pharisees and bid and observe what they say because they sit in Moses's seat -- but do as they say and not as they do. Remember that they kept imploring him to throw off the yoke of Rome and he was clear that his intent was building a spiritual kingdom.

He was only radical to them because they themselves were so radically lost and undone but could not see it.

I think it's dangerous or at least shortchanges Christ when we make him a revolutionary somehow compared and contrasted with the Malcom's, Gandhi's, or Mandela's as if those men ever raised the dead or rose from the dead themselves.

Jesus himself put all the imperative in the universe on how we view him -- asking Peter "who do you (everyone's individual decision) say that I am?"

It's little like what Steve Turner wrote in his satirical poem on the modern mind entitled "Creed."

https://www.apuritansmind.com/apologetics/steveturnercreed/

(Excerpt)

Jesus was a good man just like Buddha,

Mohammed, and ourselves.

He was a good moral teacher though we think

His good morals were bad.

We believe that all religions are basically the same-

at least the one that we read was.

They all believe in love and goodness.

They only differ on matters of creation,

sin, heaven, hell, God, and salvation.

We believe that after death comes the Nothing

Because when you ask the dead what happens

they say nothing.

If death is not the end, if the dead have lied, then its

compulsory heaven for all

excepting perhaps

Hitler, Stalin, and Genghis Khan.."

There is an imperative to Jesus that rises above consideration of merely notable revolutionaries in history.

Contrast Obama telling antifa to "make your leaders very uncomfortable" and exacerbating an already bad situation. Jesus was no community organizer of that revolutionary, class struggle ilk. Obama isn't with him, so he's against him. Obama doesn't gather, he scatters abroad.

John said there were many antichrists already in the world. Barack Obama is a special case and even came with messianic trappings when he was foisted upon us. He's an antichrist.

Last edited:
One of the greatest things about the teachings of Jesus is that he paid almost no attention to earthly entities. Even local politics never caught his attention. He taught as if they were temporal and fleeting. Jesus is not like Mohammad or Buddha. Buddha said himself that he wasn't divine. Mohammad (an archaic man even in the 5th century) only considered himself a prophet of allah. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." He also said "Before Abraham was I AM". Jesus was not just a prophet, he was God the son. "No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again." This all powerful being who set aside divinity to become a man is the person Jesus.

I guess it depends on your definition of "radical". If by radical you mean a better understanding of something or a different way of teaching something then yes. If by radical you mean tearing down of systems then no he wasn't.

You can google "Jesus was an alien" and find all types of stuff. One of my M.A. degrees is in systematic theology. France's book was one of the ones I studied in my undergrad work. There are several books that describe Jesus as a radical. But when you read them their point is basically Jesus was different. He was a different type of teacher/leader. The one obvious thing all these books missed is that Jesus was a back to basics grounded teacher. His love for humanity and his compassion for people made him different. But Jesus' main issues were our responsibility to God (1st 4 commandments) and our responsibility to our fellow man (5th-10th Commandments). There was really nothing radical about Jesus. Jesus focused on inward and outward reactions to God. Interpersonal ministry if you will.

That IS the point.

You're assuming Radical in the sense of a political radical. By definition he was radical

radical adjective

3a: very different from the usual or traditional
b: favoring extreme changes in existing views, habits, conditions, or institutions
c: associated with political views, practices, and policies of extreme change
d: advocating extreme measures to retain or restore a political state of affairs

-------------------

Convince me I'm wrong: that Jesus wasn't different from the usual or traditional. If you agree he was, then you agree he is radical. If you say he wasn't different from the usual or tradition, then you must justify how he was the same as the usual and traditional at the time.

By "definition" Jesus was radical.

Last edited:
That IS the point.

You're assuming Radical in the sense of a political radical. By definition he was radical

radical adjective

3a: very different from the usual or traditional
b: favoring extreme changes in existing views, habits, conditions, or institutions
c: associated with political views, practices, and policies of extreme change
d: advocating extreme measures to retain or restore a political state of affairs

-------------------

Convince me I'm wrong: that Jesus wasn't different from the usual or traditional. If you agree he was, then you agree he is radical. If you say he wasn't different from the usual or tradition, then you must justify how he was the same as the usual and traditional at the time.

By "definition" Jesus was radical.

So he fits half of part B. H never changed or advised change in institutions or conditions. But being non-traditional doesn't fit him. He was very traditional in a religious sense. He wanted to bring people back to God. Back to their traditional values and morals. Which is why he continually said "Have you not read". Referring back to the prophets of old.

Don't want to argue it. But he really doesn't fit the new radical definition to me. All people are different but all people are radical.

It's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get in to heaven.

One of the greatest things about the teachings of Jesus is that he paid almost no attention to earthly entities. Even local politics never caught his attention. He taught as if they were temporal and fleeting. Jesus is not like Mohammad or Buddha. Buddha said himself that he wasn't divine. Mohammad (an archaic man even in the 5th century) only considered himself a prophet of allah. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." He also said "Before Abraham was I AM". Jesus was not just a prophet, he was God the son. "No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again." This all powerful being who set aside divinity to become a man is the person Jesus.

I guess it depends on your definition of "radical". If by radical you mean a better understanding of something or a different way of teaching something then yes. If by radical you mean tearing down of systems then no he wasn't.

The poem I shared by Steve Turner was satire and mocking the modern thought that Jesus was merely a good man like Buddha, Muhammed, and ourselves. As you've said, when we try and bring him down to revolutionary or radical form compared and contrasted with radicals in history, we rob him of Divinity if not careful.

It's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get in to heaven.

But the follow up to the natural astonishment of that statement is "with men these things are impossible, but with God all things are possible."

For those who have never come across this short essay, I think it captures the unique excellence of Jesus's life and imprint on history:

One Solitary Life

He was born in an obscure village,
The child of a peasant woman.
He grew up in still another village,
Where he worked in a carpenter shop
Until he was thirty.

Then for three years
He was an itinerant preacher.
He never wrote a book.
He never held an office.
He never had a family or owned a house.
He didn’t go to college.
He never visited a big city.
He never traveled two hundred miles
From the place where he was born.
He did none of the things
One usually associates with greatness.
He had no credentials but himself.

He was only thirty-three
When the tide of public opinion turned against him.
His friends ran away.
He was turned over to his enemies.
And went through the mockery of a trial.

He was nailed to a cross
Between two thieves.
While he was dying,
His executioners gambled for his clothing,
The only property he had on Earth.
When he was dead,
He was laid in a borrowed grave
Through the pity of a friend.

Twenty centuries have come and gone,
And today he is the central figure
Of the human race,
And the leader of mankind’s progress.

All the armies that ever marched,
All the navies that ever sailed,
All the parliament that ever sat,
All the kings that ever reigned,
Put together have not affected
The life of man on Earth
As much as that
One Solitary Life.

(By Dr James Allen Francis)

I'm in good shape then. I can thank Obama for that.

Context is everything. As Sojourner pointed out, the rest of the verse says everything is possible with God. BTW many of the early church leaders were wealthy. Joseph of Arimathea, Zacchaeus and even some of his close disciples like Peter owned their own boats.

Context is everything. As Sojourner pointed out, the rest of the verse says everything is possible with God. BTW many of the early church leaders were wealthy. Joseph of Arimathea, Zacchaeus and even some of his close disciples like Peter owned their own boats.

1 Timothy 6:17 as well: "Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy."

That was the problem with the rich young ruler, he trusted in his uncertain riches more than the living God -- despite an otherwise exemplary moral life he lacked one thing.

I'm in good shape then. I can thank Obama for that.

Man, what a great sense of humor when you'd probably rather cry after 8 years of the The Kenyan.

I had bacon AND sausage for breakfast

“A democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.” - Benjamin Franklin

Man, what a great sense of humor when you'd probably rather cry after 8 years of the The Kenyan.

Had to sell my company at a loss and embarked on school and a new career. At an age where a lot of people my age are retiring, I am starting over.

Since our elected officials are spending our tax dollars to support black lives matter and allowing BLM to put up murals in public places, I think it meritorious to ask ... who are they? What do they believe?

Here's what I found:

https://www.dcareaeducators4socialjustice.org/black-lives-matter/13-guiding-principles

These principles have been repeated by several "chapters" and do not seem to be in dispute. My take ... the first four seem okay, even if the "restorative justice" thing is really nothing more than reparations. Meaning get paid money based on skin color.

But numbers 11 and 12 should worry every one of us. Destroy the nuclear family, you know, the thing that has kept every society together since the beginning of time? And the emphasis on blackness?

How the hell can any elected official or private business think it appropriate to spend my tax dollars or direct company resources to an organization admittedly dedicated to destroying the nuclear family while championing a clearly race-based, i.e., racist ideology? Seriously, would CNN and NBC nod approvingly if our tax dollars were spent on an organization that prided itself on being "unapologetically White in our positioning. In affirming that White Lives Matter, we need not qualify our position"?

Un-*******-believable that I am seeing this. My God, hundreds of thousands of Americans and millions of people worldwide died fighting a murderous regime that extolled an ideology that included a demand for "freedom for all religious faiths in the state, insofar as they do not endanger its existence or offend the moral and ethical sense of the Germanic race.

But, but, but ... BLM also proposes things we like, such as empathy, loving engagement and diversity!!! So it must be okay.

Sure. Right. Yeah. Just like that "Germanic race" ideology which also demanded profit-sharing in large industries, a generous increase in old-age pensions, creation and maintenance of a sound middle-class, that specially talented children of poor parents, whatever their station or occupation, be educated at the expense of the State, citizens have rights equal to those of other nations, and that the State shall above all undertake to ensure that every citizen shall have the possibility of living decently and earning a livelihood. Great principles, looking out for the citizens, protecting the poor, helping the middle class.

But as is always, ALWAYS, the case with violent, race-based ideology, that is nothing more than a veneer put over the vicious, ugly racism fulminating underneath the facade.

Black lives matter and the Nazis: two sides of the exact same ******* coin.
Steeltime, please read this. Let it sink in for a bit and I'll be back to discuss...

Join Goodreads

and meet your next favorite book!

"The problem is that white people see racism as conscious hate, when racism is bigger than that. Racism is a complex system of social and political levers and pulleys set up generations ago to continue working on the behalf of whites at other people’s expense, whether whites know/like it or not. Racism is an insidious cultural disease. It is so insidious that it doesn’t care if you are a white person who likes black people; it’s still going to find a way to infect how you deal with people who don’t look like you. Yes, racism looks like hate, but hate is just one manifestation. Privilege is another. Access is another. Ignorance is another. Apathy is another. And so on. So while I agree with people who say no one is born racist, it remains a powerful system that we’re immediately born into. It’s like being born into air: you take it in as soon as you breathe. It’s not a cold that you can get over. There is no anti-racist certification class. It’s a set of socioeconomic traps and cultural values that are fired up every time we interact with the world. It is a thing you have to keep scooping out of the boat of your life to keep from drowning in it. I know it’s hard work, but it’s the price you pay for owning everything."

-scott woods

Sent from my SM-N960U using Steeler Nation mobile app

Steeltime, please read this. Let it sink in for a bit and I'll be back to discuss...

Join Goodreads

"The problem is that white people see racism as conscious hate, when racism is bigger than that. Racism is a complex system of social and political levers and pulleys set up generations ago to continue working on the behalf of whites at other people’s expense, whether whites know/like it or not. Racism is an insidious cultural disease. It is so insidious that it doesn’t care if you are a white person who likes black people; it’s still going to find a way to infect how you deal with people who don’t look like you. Yes, racism looks like hate, but hate is just one manifestation. Privilege is another. Access is another. Ignorance is another. Apathy is another. And so on. So while I agree with people who say no one is born racist, it remains a powerful system that we’re immediately born into. It’s like being born into air: you take it in as soon as you breathe. It’s not a cold that you can get over. There is no anti-racist certification class. It’s a set of socioeconomic traps and cultural values that are fired up every time we interact with the world. It is a thing you have to keep scooping out of the boat of your life to keep from drowning in it. I know it’s hard work, but it’s the price you pay for owning everything."

-scott woods

Thats a lot of word salad to say if you are white you are racist no mater what and you don't even know it. It is also bullshit and racist. But anti-white racism is just fine these days.

Thats a lot of word salad to say if you are white you are racist no mater what and you don't even know it. It is also bullshit and racist. But anti-white racism is just fine these days.

Exactly my thoughts after I read that! So ******* sick of this ****.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Black kids are taught only that America is racist.<br> <br>That no matter how hard they try, racism will hobble them.<br><br>They’re taught only victimhood.<br><br>Once that’s internalized, they see no problem burning America to the ground.<br><br>Why would they?</p>— Rob Smith &#55356;&#56826;&#55356;&#56824; (@robsmithonline) <a href="https://twitter.com/robsmithonline/status/1267802563556114432?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Join Goodreads

-scott woods

In other words..............there is no hope. They are always going to hate us, so they can all go to ******* hell! **** this ****! They have been spewing **** for two weeks, and I do not see an end to it. The Dems want a dictatorship and they are going to get it, because these dumb-***** are falling for every trick. Our country is ******!