• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

For those of you with white guilt...

diver

Reaction score
www.reparations.me

Saw this on Drudge. I have always made the assertion that this white guilt thing is nothing more than trying to get white people to pay for stuff. It is not about understanding or empathy, it is about money. So here you go if you struggle with guilt.

I was once denied a promotion in my own department when I worked at Allegheny General Hospital because I am a white male and my department was all white males. Decision was made that we needed to hire a woman or a person of color and if that meant going outside the department then that's what they'd have to do. I filed a grievance and lost. Where's my reparations?

Yea, similar thing happened to me back in the late 80s. I student taught at an inner city school, and then subbed there consistently for a couple of months. Job came open and I was actually told I got it. Other teachers even called me and congratulated me and told me I would be hearing from central admin any minute. Silence. Something happened and I did not get the job. They hired a Hispanic guy who I later learned turned out to be a disaster.

Oh, well. To be honest looking back over 25 years later, it all worked out in the end. But I sure as **** ain't getting any reparations, either.

www.reparations.me

white guilt thing is nothing more than trying to get white people to pay for stuff. It is not about understanding or empathy, it is about money. .

Moreover, that's exactly what it is.

Blacks were treated poorly in this country for at least a couple hundred years. Fortunately, thanks to Christianity, slavery was ended here before it was ended in almost every other country in the world. After that, Christians and good people here felt so guilty, years later, that they passed laws implementing affirmative action to give blacks a boost up. But for some who have been radicalized by Obama’s divisiveness, which has spawned the Black Lives Matter movement, that is not enough.

meme2.jpg

Here’s the reality: a lot of these angry Black Lives Matter protesters are not descended from slaves. In fact, they may even have white ancestors too – who were slave owners.

Harold Ambrose · Beaufort County Community College
I don't think blacks are angry about slavery or that it happened. I think they are angry that no one wants to own them. Maybe this is why they sold themselves to the government.

White guilt and white privilege kind of go together for a double whammy of emotional hijacking. Isn't it grand?

White guilt and white privilege kind of go together for a double whammy of emotional hijacking. Isn't it grand?

For who? Maybe young, dumb 18-25 year olds. I suffer from no white guilt. I don't believe I got anywhere due to white privileged, either. I am where I am, as modest as it may be, because I worked for it.

I thought of this too with Black Lives Matter. I am sure there are a few that really believe in whatever the cause is. But I think overwhelmingly they just want to intimidate the police to the point that they can commit crimes without the fear of repercussions.

There shouldn't be reparations we should have equally funded schools for all American kids.

There shouldn't be reparations we should have equally funded schools for all American kids.

Do equally funded schools somehow magically fix the cultural problems that plague inner city schools that already spend more per than most higher performing schools? In some cases this would mean cutting funding to bad schools and sending it to good schools.

It's hard to feel guilt for something you aren't/weren't responsible for.

My white guilt has me banished to rural Minnesota. It don't get no whiter than this and in Winter, it does.

Worse part, my ancestors came over as indentured servants. Not slave owners...

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Do you think any of the people involved in this white privilege and white guilt nonsense have any idea that there are "different kinds" of white people? I have a feeling that they have no clue....they see a shade of skin color and lump all "non minorities" into the same category of "white". I'm not sure that they have any idea that whites all come from different ethnicities. Not only that do you think they have any idea that many of white people's ancestors came from horrible situations and extreme poverty? That they somehow managed to overcome prejudice and through hard work made a life for themselves without reparations? I don't think they do. I'm half Irish......so I can say pretty confidently that my ancestors on that side who came here from Ireland weren't in a position to oppress anyone with the whole starvation and famine thing they were escaping. I think this current "white people are horrible oppressors" movement that is cropping up now, mostly stems (other than those just trying to get a handout) from people have a narrow world view and an ignorance of history.

Last edited:
my white guilt has overtaken me.
as of now, I will submit myself to be a sexual slave for Halle Berry, Toni Braxton and Stacey Dash.

My ancestors are from Italy, Holland, England and American Cherokee. The Cherokee part of me demands some wampum as reparation. It doesn't matter that she was my great, great, great grandmother... I deserve it dammit!

For who? Maybe young, dumb 18-25 year olds. I suffer from no white guilt. I don't believe I got anywhere due to white privileged, either. I am where I am, as modest as it may be, because I worked for it.

There are plenty of older people also on the bandwagon. It is a liberal disease. It's crazy to me.

I also assume no guilt and I know I worked my *** off for what I have. My family wasn't even in the US yet during slavery.

The anti-German sentiment in Arizona was very strong in 1955 when my family immigrated. There wasn't much privilege handed to them. They were grateful to be here though and worked hard to make their way.

I don't think I owe reparations. I have high cheekbones and my grandmother told me that her great-grandmother once said something about being part Indian or going to India once or something.

So I owe nothing!!

I am from old southern families. On my dads side no body owned slaves. My moms side definitely owned slaves. Being born in 1970 more than 100 years after slavery was ended by law in the USA I can not conceivably hold any culpability in any part of it. What I am wondering is if there is a website for Africans to pay their share of reparations. Being as there would be no slavery without Africans selling other Africans into the slave trade. In fact, the Ashanti Empire in West Africa derived its wealth from trade in gold, ivory and slaves. Bring that up to any SJW that is spouting off to you about reparations and watch their heads assplode.

Where are schools not equally funded? If a school district chooses to waste their money by giving themselves and the teachers raises and letting the school go to ****, that's on them.

That's the little secret. We constantly pay more and more for schools and most of the increases go towards teacher pay raises because the union has mastered the art of ransoming kids with strikes.

I am from old southern families. On my dads side no body owned slaves. My moms side definitely owned slaves. Being born in 1970 more than 100 years after slavery was ended by law in the USA I can not conceivably hold any culpability in any part of it. What I am wondering is if there is a website for Africans to pay their share of reparations. Being as there would be no slavery without Africans selling other Africans into the slave trade. In fact, the Ashanti Empire in West Africa derived its wealth from trade in gold, ivory and slaves. Bring that up to any SJW that is spouting off to you about reparations and watch their heads assplode.

That is the thing that bothers me most about black folks in this country.... they only seem to get upset and demand action when the violence, discrimination, etc. is being perpetrated by whites. The slave thing is a perfect example. Whenever slavery is brought up, they only ever talk about the evil slave owners but never a peep about the ones that sold them to the slave owners in the first place. Gangbangers make no bones about the fact that they will "pop a cap in yo' ***" at the drop of a hat.... Rappers glorify the lifestyle of the 'hood where everyone is armed to the teeth and it's completely acceptable to shoot someone over something as trivial as wearing a blue doo-rag on a street that's controlled by guys wearing red doo-rags. If a white guy happens to be the trigger man,however, there will be protests in every city exclaiming how horrible it is that someone could perpetrate such a violent act upon a young black man. I remember all the protests in this country over apartheid in South Africa in the 80's. Black folks demanded the U.S. put pressure on South Africa to end the segregation policies and general mistreatment of the black population in that country.... and I agree that it was the right thing to do. But what about all the other African countries where horrific **** is being done to the black citizens of those countries by other black people? Countries like The Congo, Sierra Leone, The Ivory Coast, Rwanda? Warlords going into villages raping the women... macheteing arms and legs off of people.... enslaving children, forcing them to become soldiers at 11 or 12 years old.... taking all of the food causing thousands upon thousands to starve... **** that makes what South Africa was doing look like child's play. Where are all the protests demanding the world do something about that ****** up situation? Can you imagine if the people committing those atrocities against those poor people were white? Every black person from here to Timbuktu would be marching in the street demanding they be stopped... and rightfully so.