• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's................@ Broncos

Chicoman

Reaction score
Well this game started off good until our first FG attempt. From that point on it was a sloppy friggin mess in all three facets of the game. It ended in heartache with Ben doing his best Russell Wilson impression tossing it into the endzone for an INT to ice the game for the Broncos. I'm so frustrated by this game more than any other game this season because the Steelers shouldn't have lost this game. They left at least 13 points on the field down there....the blocked FG on the opening drive, the TD that wasn't when Grimble got crushed by a friggin safety and fumbled the ball out of the endzone....then Conner's fumble on the final play of the 3rd QTR that took another potential 3 points and possibly a TD off the board. A very sloppy game all around by a Steelers team that is much better than this. Now with only five games to go before the end of the season they will need to win at least 3 of the last 5 and two of those games are vs Pats & @ Saints. I honestly think Brees and the Saints will hang 60 on the Steelers Defense and it won't even be close. New England always seems to have our number.....they better kick it up a notch for a final run into the playoffs or Tomlin and company can wave buh-bye to the playoffs. So discouraged by this loss.....ruined my holiday weekend.

Game Balls
Juju Smith Schuster - 13 rec 189 yds 1 TD a 97 yd TD catch and run...a STEELER RECORD!
Chris Bowell - Great throw on the fake FG play....nice pass
Allejandro Villanueva - Not only played great on the O-line but caught the throw from The Boz on the fake FG.
Chuck Okofora - This kid can play! Going up against one of the best pass rushers in the NFL Von Miller he did a great job except for a few plays in the 4th QTR where he looked winded...this kid is the future at RT

Game Goats:
Ben Roethlisberger - 2 INT's again today first one not your fault but....you weren't the only reason we lost but you were a worthy contributor. Gotta improve and get better...this team lives and dies with you.
James Conner - Seeing this kid on the bench in the 4th QTR after his fumble he looked Defeated....pick yourself up Conner and get better from this
TJ Watt, Anthony Chickilllo & Bud Dupree - 1 tackle for Watt, 0 tackles for Chickillo & 0 Tackles for Dupree......Cmon guys.....you were invisible today in the pass rush and played like complete dogshit! 1 ******* TACKLE! UNREAL!
Sean Davis - You missed too many damn tackles today kid! AWFUL!
Xavier Grimble - You got blasted and crushed by a friggin Safety on the 1yd line when all you had to do was run through him and protect the football. You did neither and cost us a sure TD. He's not a Steeler! TOO SOFT!
Terrell Edmunds - yes he had 8 tackle but a really rough game....bit too much on play fakes and play action...often out of position because of it giving up key 3rd down conversions
Morgan Burnett - 1 assist on a tackle. He played a good portion of the game and was invisible when he was in the game
James Washington - 3 targets and 0 catches....should have caught two of those throws and especially the one that was right in his hands down the right sideline that he dove for....he didn't have to dive for it....he just needed to CATCH THE DAMN BALL and that was a TD!

FU's:
Antonio Brown - I've watched the play over and over and he gave up on Ben's scramble and throw...you watch the play and Brown was jogging to try and get to the ball....as it was picked off. The old AB would never half-*** a route and give up.....HE GAVE UP! The INT cost us dearly and two plays later Denver tied it. Your 2010 Classmate Emmanuel Sanders played a better game today! GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR *** AB!!!

For the most part I can't dispute this overall. Pretty spot on.

Simple answer...............AGREE.!!!!!

Salute the nation

Conditioning definitely caught up to the Steelers in the 4th. Not an easy place to travel to andnplay.

Grimble, a ******* safety hit him, buckled his legs, and made his arms go limp. So incredibly soft. Think that would have happened if that was Big Mac???

Last edited:
I think Brown is just getting super frustrated being a decoy for 1/2 the game. True, his drawing a double absolutely makes for an assist whenever one of the others catch the ball - but they don't track those stats.

Gotta be frustrating to the best wideout in the game.

FU's the refs! I saw two helmet to helmet hits. The one on Switzer was brutal. No flags

Chuck Okofora. He was okay. He had a flag and gave up a sack. Seems hard to bull rush, but does not slide or mirror well enough.

FU's the refs! I saw two helmet to helmet hits. The one on Switzer was brutal. No flags

Chuck Okofora. He was okay. He had a flag and gave up a sack. Seems hard to bull rush, but does not slide or mirror well enough.

He's a ******* 3rd round rookie. He's not supposed to play like an all pro. Most of us feared that he might be a turnstile, considering who he was going against. If guys learned to secure the ball, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Chuks was matched up against Von Miller for pretty much the whole game except when Miller wasn't in there. Chuks in his first career NFL start played against a Future HoF'er in Miller and he did pretty damn good IMO!

He's a ******* 3rd round rookie. He's not supposed to play like an all pro. Most of us feared that he might be a turnstile, considering who he was going against. If guys learned to secure the ball, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

You're the F'n rookie. I said he was okay. A sack and a penalty per game is not good, and he often had help.

Yeah the Steelers were turnover machines and ****** on D. It was the refs. lulz

fu's the refs! I saw two helmet to helmet hits. The one on switzer was brutal. No flags

chuck okofora. He was okay. He had a flag and gave up a sack. Seems hard to bull rush, but does not slide or mirror well enough.

dear god

Okay, sure sure, give a game ball to a rookie who got beat for a sack and flagged for a hold who had a lot of help. That is what I disagree with. Like I said he was okay. DeCastro was excellent in this game. Big Al, decent.

You're the F'n rookie. I said he was okay. A sack and a penalty per game is not good, and he often had help.

Just about any right tackle would have given up a sack on that play. Miller timed the snap perfectly and got a great jump. He may have been offside/in the neutral zone too. Ben thought he jumped and was asking for a flag.

A big FU to Xavier Grimble. Dude should of shifted ball to his left hand as soon as he was 5 yards downfield after the catch. Fails to do so and THEN gets blown up by a safety at the goal line. Third graders all around the country were probably yelling at him worse than I was. Inexcusable.......total ****.

Chicoman; you forgot about Hayden, he was definitely a goat today, he got burnt on every deep pass, look for teams to keep testing him on that.

I know Haden gave up two completions and the one big play to Sanders after the first play after the first INT by Ben but he definitely wasn't the worst Defender out there in the field....not by a long shot. I could make a case for our whole Front 7 playing like total crap...no pressure on Keenum at all the whole game....he was sacked twice....one by Vince Williams untouched and the other time when Hargrave & Heyward pretty much pushed the whole interior front line back into Keenum and I think Keenum tripped up over his RG who was pushed back by Hargrave.

I think the Connor feel good story is reaching an anti climatic ending.
He had lost the gleem men!

Von miller was offside on the sack. He was in the neutral zone when the ball was snapped, no one can block VM with a cheat head start. Chukes did great today for his first start against one of the league's best.

Not going to call Xman soft. Dude had a big 3rd down conversion, and it sucks that he fumbled, but **** guys, it's a game, and oblong shaped balls bounce wildly at times.

Also Burnett had a big stop on 3rd down, so he was far from invisible.

shot ourselves on the foot over and over again, against the jags they could overcome their own fuckups but not this time

5 penalties today. But you are right. We can't expect to beat any team - 4 in turnovers. Technically the blocked field goal is a turnover on downs.

Ben can't always bring the the team back late.

shot ourselves on the foot over and over again, against the jags they could overcome their own fuckups but not this time

Yep two sloppy *** games.

They need to get their **** together.

He’s plays for the Steelers..: they don’t play for him and his stats. Another route he ran wrong.
I think Brown is just getting super frustrated being a decoy for 1/2 the game. True, his drawing a double absolutely makes for an assist whenever one of the others catch the ball - but they don't track those stats.

Gotta be frustrating to the best wideout in the game.