• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's................@ Broncos

In a city built on a confluence it was a trifold of huge mistakes, terrible calls and ridiculous playcalling on the goalline. What the **** was wrong with running at the two yard line. Or in the second half at all.

In a city built on a confluence it was a trifold of huge mistakes, terrible calls and ridiculous playcalling on the goalline. What the **** was wrong with running at the two yard line. Or in the second half at all.

or in the first half.

I just don't understand the overall offensive game plan. You have a rookie RT going up against Von Miller and a D that struggles against the run. So the gameplan was to throw 50 times? And they were never behind by more than 7 points at any point in the game. On the road, it makes no sense. The drive after going up 7 needed to kill clock and get at least 3 points. It started well with strong runs, and then Ben tosses the pick. The game went totally sour at that point.

He’s plays for the Steelers..: they don’t play for him and his stats. Another route he ran wrong.

A-N-D gave up on the play........................................................... and if attitude is what some think, then DIVA he is.

Salute the nation

The third down play was supposed to be a run. The snap was bad, which is what screwed the play up.

I don't know what's up with AB but he did have a killer block on Juju's long TD so he did show some fire there.

I thought the one pass in the 2nd half where he barely missed tapping his toes in bounds was uncharacteristic of him. He sort of nonchalantly caught the ball like he thought he had more room. I've seen him tap his toes in bounds there 99 out of 100 times.

From the outset of that sequence I run TE's and fullback and ram it at them and if it's going to be a pass it's on First down and the throw is to FB or TE. I've watched this team for a long. Long time and I don't recall that fade pass ever working.

I just don't understand the overall offensive game plan. You have a rookie RT going up against Von Miller and a D that struggles against the run. So the gameplan was to throw 50 times? And they were never behind by more than 7 points at any point in the game. On the road, it makes no sense. The drive after going up 7 needed to kill clock and get at least 3 points. It started well with strong runs, and then Ben tosses the pick. The game went totally sour at that point.

Did the same thing against the Jags last season. Their weakness was against the run and they came out slinging from the get go which led to 5 INTs.

The problem with the drive you are referencing was that yes they did run it like 3 plays in a row when up by 7 and it led to big gains. Then they go with a 4th run in a row when that was a prime candidate for play action on 1st and 10. But no they run again and Conner gets stuffed. Incomplete on 2nd means Ben forcing it on 3rd and long which led to the pick (and piss poor effort from AB). But gashing them on 2 or 3 run plays in a row should result in a play action at SOME point.

It's like our OC's in recent memory just don't seem to plan well against weak run D's who have good pass D's. You have to attack the weakness first and use that to make attacking the strength easier. It's *** backwards when this team is put in that scenario and usually ends up with results like we saw today. Granted we win if we didn't lose 2 fluky fumbles but still it's like they want to make it harder for themselves sometimes.

A-N-D gave up on the play........................................................... and if attitude is what some think, then DIVA he is.

Salute the nation

Bingo. It's a selfless team sport. There's no room at the champions table for half *** and selfish.

I hope they bring Ola in soon. They need to try and get someone who has potential to wreak ******* havoc in the pass rush.

Last edited:
From the outset of that sequence I run TE's and fullback and ram it at them and if it's going to be a pass it's on First down and the throw is to FB or TE. I've watched this team for a long. Long time and I don't recall that fade pass ever working.

Uh. There was a catch in a pretty big game once... Kinda memorable.

It's like our OC's in recent memory just don't seem to plan well against weak run D's who have good pass D's. You have to attack the weakness first and use that to make attacking the strength easier. It's *** backwards when this team is put in that scenario and usually ends up with results like we saw today. Granted we win if we didn't lose 2 fluky fumbles but still it's like they want to make it harder for themselves sometimes.

Denver was ranked 27th against the run and 18th versus the pass coming into the game. Both worse than average...not some big discrepancy like you are trying to make it sound.

And Conner wasn't running the ball for **** in the first half, btw.

A big FU to Karma...
She lives up to her ***** reputation taking away a win this week after giving us a win last week.

Yes, shoulda coulda woulda were all over this game, but we had no business winning last week. This week v SD is huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Just about any right tackle would have given up a sack on that play. Miller timed the snap perfectly and got a great jump. He may have been offside/in the neutral zone too. Ben thought he jumped and was asking for a flag.

Miller absolutely WAS offsides on his sack. It was bullshit.

You don't win games with sloppy turnovers. Lack of focus. Tomlin.

Look, I'm definitely NOT a Tomlin apologist, but to blame him for this loss is just plain stupid. The coaching staff did an outstanding job today, this loss is 100% on the players (particularly Ben, Connor, and Grimble).

Grimble, a ******* safety hit him, buckled his legs, and made his arms go limp. So incredibly soft. Think that would have happened if that was Big Mac???

If that was Vance, that's a TD. Steelers confidence is a mile high and we get rolling.
I feel for the most part that play specifically haunted us yesterday.

What I'm seein' is a trend.

Makin' the Steeler defense look silly is starting to look easier as the opponents get better. We could very well be in for some disappointing and even embarrassing games for the rest of the season.

The cat is out of the bag and the formula to beat the Steeler defense is in every team's game plan by now. These last couple weeks have just been a warm up. Worse days are certain to follow.....write it down. Couple that with the injuries that are starting to pile up and we may very well may be in for some stomach turning times.

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that our new genius OC still hasn't figgered out how to get the ball to his most dangerous receiver. That's just another thing that the other teams have figgered out. Not to mention that our super hero QB is getting very consistent at completing passes to the wrong colored jersey.

Turnovers and mistakes are not the way to win football games....

Best we forget this too....

th

As my Daddy used to tell us kids before we entered the tubes....pull your ears in, here we go.

pete-carroll-meme.jpg

Jesus-NFL-Pittsburgh-Steelers-funny-meme-point-spread-2014.jpg

I don't get it, at least line up with a run look at the two, run it and kill clock, their FG kicker has a big leg.
How the hell was there no flag when their DB grabbed AB and spun him around on the first INT when the ball was thrown to him?

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Turnovers left somewhere between 9-21 points on the field. It sucks, but it's not a panic button situation. They were on a what, 6 or 7 game win streak? This can humble them good before they make their push into the toughest part of their schedule.

Turnovers left somewhere between 9-21 points on the field. It sucks, but it's not a panic button situation. They were on a what, 6 or 7 game win streak? This can humble them good before they make their push into the toughest part of their schedule.

There are a lot of "SALLY's" out there and finally a positive post. I figured 17 points but you are correct on your estimate. That game was very winable. Sure the "D" could have played better but had we NOT turned the ball over so much, things would have taken care of themselves. We were in DENVER, a notorious play not favorable to the STEELERS. Our coaches called, adjusted, clock, and had a good game. PLAYERS / turn overs / over confidence ect. Are the culprits here. We have games and can re-focus / dedicate and come out of this better. BEN will respond as well as other players and yes coaches will step up to help that happen. ROCK on STEELERS !!!

Salute the nation

Last edited:
For me
Game Balls
JuJu
The Oline and Chucks
Vince
The play call on the fake FG

Goats
Conner
Grimble
Washington
AB- he stopped on the route on the Ben first Int
Haden-not his best day

Fu's
Just to the whole game, we dominated but obviously you cant be -4 in the turnover difference and win. From my perspective one of the more disappointing losses in a couple of years. It really hurts from a playoff seeding perspective. We should have won by at least 14 points

Goat: Coaching staff for only dressing 3 OLBs. They should have dressed Thomas

Limas Washington needs to find a seat next to Artie Burnt in the coach's dog house. Sit this kid down and play Hunter. At least Hunter catches the damn ball.

Grimble, what the **** are you thinking trying to run someone over? Make a move to get into the end zone. Running through a defender when you can juke is just an idiotic decision to make.

Conner fumble. Holy **** kid, take care of the damn football.

ST coach: Yeah we had a fake FG TD but we also missed the tape of the Broncos blocking a FG the same way they did to us on the first drive. We can't have **** like this happen.

Ben INTs, my only gripe is the last possession at the 3 yard line. The play calls are not to my liking. Put in Rosie Nix and run the ******* ball right at them. You get at least two solid runs, you run down more clock and then you have an opportunity for some play action if we don't run it in. Conner straight up ran into Ben on that 3rd down play. It killed the timing. The ball likely gets picked or deflected by the corner/safety back there as he had inside position.

We are so much better than that team yesterday. Self imploding is not a good way to start December with our schedule.