• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

Very surprised by this.
You certainly cannot say the Steeler FO is sitting on their hands, that’s for damn sure.
Art Sr and Dan are rolling in their graves but we wanted the organization to step into the 21st century and appears they are.
I liked KP and wish him the very best. Yes, he has lots to work on and I really wanted to see him with Arthur Smith’s offense to determine if he would develop but not going to happen now.
I will now support Russ and hope he does well which means we do well.
Now for sure we draft a QB but what round and who?
Need to sign a veteran , perhaps they pull the trigger on Justin Fiields for a third now.

Last edited:
Burgundy’s Predictions:
1. The Tomlin Fan Club on social media will be over the moon since at last we have a black starting QB and all their dreams have come true.
2. Pickett will go farther in the playoffs with the Eagles than the Steelers will get.
3. Steelers will be 10-7 with a first round playoff loss just like last season.

Burgundy’s Predictions:
1. The Tomlin Fan Club on social media will be over the moon since at last we have a black starting QB and all their dreams have come true.
2. Pickett will go farther in the playoffs with the Eagles than the Steelers will get.
Man you are so glum. we have got to cheer you up.

I think we will get someone with large hands and a bigger PENIX ............... hell there are 6 dudes I would prefer to draft this year and have on the roster than KP

I think they need to acquire another veteran and it is time to figure out who is their best QB option in the draft and go get him...

This team has one WR worth a damn and 1 QB on its roster. That should be priority 1 and 2 from now to the draft. Figuring this mess out.

Suck it up buttercup. You signed a ******* contract and you're going to sit here or play here. Your choice.
To be fair, drafted players on their rookie contracts had no choice. They're told who they are going to work for, how much they are going to be paid and how long their contract is. If they decline to sign the contract foisted on them, they can't sign a contract for another team that might wish to employ them.

The only choice they have is whether or not to work in their chosen field.

To be fair, drafted players on their rookie contracts had no choice. They're told who they are going to work for, how much they are going to be paid and how long their contract is. If they decline to sign the contract foisted on them, they can't sign a contract for another team that might wish to employ them.

The only choice they have is whether or not to work in their chosen field.
I get where you're coming from. But, the bolded part is the same choice us regular folks have. It's part of "adulting"

Burgundy’s Predictions:
I hope you were seriously joking about point #1???

Burgundy’s Predictions:

Why keep a malcontent? This generation doesn't look at the world the way we do. They suck.
You don't think Mason wasn't happy? You simply tell them we aren't trading or cutting you. You are part of this team. Not every player on any roster is happy with their roll. If you give in everyone where does that leave you? I know....volunteers....not hostages. I got it.

I don't agree with trading them just because they ***** and moan, or are idiots. However, Chase Claypool got traded to the Bears. Diontae got traded to the Panthers. Pickett made out the best of them by going to Philly, but, I think the message could be "we will reward you with a trade to either a **** team or a place where you have no chance to start."
We showed them.

Are you mad??? I mean upset??? Vexed???
I simply wouldn't have traded Pickett for what we got in the trade. There was more value to the team if he was on our roster. Mad? Upset? Vexed? Nope. I simply think this was a horrible trade value wise.

So does this say Wilson will be here more than one year? Otherwise why let Rudolph go then?

They didn’t have a choice on Mason Rudolf, he was a FA and chose to leave.

Salute the nation

Steelers moving up about 22 slots from mid 4th to end of 3rd. Steelers had back to back picks in the 4th.

Great move. Get rid of the temptation to save face on the Kenny draft pick. We already saw on this board people irrationally calling for Kenny over Russel Wilson to start.

Steelers now must get another QB. Maybe they draft one. Maybe they sign a cheap vet like Garapolo who would fit in the system. Maybe they trade for a QB that a team gave up on.
Jimmy G. signed elsewhere, we sign a Tannehill and draft a QB, done deal.

Ahhh, but this new Steelers F.O. ... You can't look at "likely" with them. Acquiring Queen and Wilson. Trading Diontae and Pickett. Very few, if any, of us would have thought those things "likely" for the Steelers.
I'm intrigued as to what their next moves will be.
The “KAHN” is proving very aggressive in this field of play, don’t forget Andy as well. LOVE IT big time.

I Think ART2 may have given more lee-way to the GMs and less to Coach Tomlin.

Salute the nation

The “KAHN” is proving very aggressive in this field of play, don’t forget Andy as well. LOVE IT big time.

I Think ART2 may have given more lee-way to the GMs and less to Coach Tomlin.
That exactly how I read this and thank God.

I simply wouldn't have traded Pickett for what we got in the trade. There was more value to the team if he was on our roster. Mad? Upset? Vexed? Nope. I simply think this was a horrible trade value wise.
Other than leaving the QB room with only a 35 year old to fill it, I don't think anyone is especially upset that KP was traded.
I do agree though that they essentially gave him away. KP with 2 years on a rookie contract & 120 for 98?

I think I read that someone (here) posted "and still get Justin Fields"...is that really a bad idea??? And then draft another QB - early.
I don't think Fields is good, but I'd give a 5th or later for him. Better than most of the other backup options now available. I don't think there's a need to draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th as some have suggested. Particularly not with needing to add a C, OT, WR, DL, CB, and S.

I don't think Fields is good, but I'd give a 5th or later for him. Better than most of the other backup options now available. I don't think there's a need to draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th as some have suggested. Particularly not with needing to add a C, OT, WR, DL, CB, and S.
So you then overspend picking up his option?

I get where you're coming from. But, the bolded part is the same choice us regular folks have. It's part of "adulting"
Not the same choice at all. The rest of us are free to approach and negotiate with any prospective employer. An NFL college draftee is not. A college business graduate doesn't want to work for PriceWaterhouseCoopers they're still free to seek offers on any terms they can agree from EY, Deloitte's, KPMG, Grant Thornton etc.

A football graduate drafted by the Steelers doesn't want to sign the contract with the Steelers, he's not allowed to approach other teams, so when you say they signed a contract, there is a greater degree of duress involved in that greement than for the rest of us.