• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

All I ever said was Rudolph didn’t get a fair shot and was head and shoulders better than Pickett. When he got his shot he proved he was 1000x better than Pickett and now gets a FAIR shot with the Titans.
All you dip 💩 that sucked up the hype are laughable. Just literal dimwits that know nothing about football. All you homers are a joke.

I was right. All you Pickett lovers were wrong. It’s just that simple.
Didn't you say some team would give him an opportunity to start and then he resigned with us a 3rd string?

Apparently not.
No he was. We only have 1 qb on our roster now and they are 35 yearsokd to boot. Pickett was on a rookie deal with 2 years left. It was a stupid trade.

No he was. We only have 1 qb on our roster now and they are 35 yearsokd to boot. Pickett was on a rookie deal with 2 years left. It was a stupid trade.
This team sure seems to have more than it's fair share of problem players.

Developing to what? A career backup at best. He simply doesn't have "it."
Pickett was an enigma... it wasnt really worth fighting the haters and lovers to explain everything that was good and bad about him, but he had some absurd metrics. But his success rates in aggressive situations was outstanding... in his 24 starts, they trailed in 16 of those. In three he didnt get a chance to close out the game due to injury.

In six of those other 13 games... he lead 4th quarter comebacks, and not the run of tge mill, a couple yards and a field goal type... dramatic long field TD types...

So the question is, is he the QB that plays too conservatively and lets teams get leads on them or the late game heroics qb...
the best thing for him was to go elsewhere and not be shackled by our typically overly conservative mindset and find out for himself

So now it's you don't believe everything you read, but all the "Pickett cried" "Pickett refused to back up Mason" came from the same sources, but it's ok to believe that right?

Show me where I said I beleived anythign from anybody regarding PIckett? You can't so whatever point you're trying to make is goofy.

Steelers Top Ten Busts of All Time:

10. Jarvis Jones
9. Devin Bush
8. Rashard Mendenhall
7. Darryl Sims
6. Artie Burns
5. Greg Hawthorne
4. Huey Richardson
3. Troy Edwards
2. Jamain Stephens
1. Kenny Pickett
Pickett is not even close to the worst bust. He had a winning record and came through in several games. Before he got hurt he had the longest steak without an int, but whatever. I'm assuming Kenny did or said something pretty wild for them to just cut bait. He showed promise in the preseason and was doing better without Canada. If Kenny was being a big baby and was having attitude issues then I'm fine with the trade. At this point we will have so many new players it will be like an expansion team. I think it will be tough to be successful

Pickett was an enigma... it wasnt really worth fighting the haters and lovers to explain everything that was good and bad about him, but he had some absurd metrics. But his success rates in aggressive situations was outstanding... in his 24 starts, they trailed in 16 of those. In three he didnt get a chance to close out the game due to injury.

In six of those other 13 games... he lead 4th quarter comebacks, and not the run of tge mill, a couple yards and a field goal type... dramatic long field TD types...

So the question is, is he the QB that plays too conservatively and lets teams get leads on them or the late game heroics qb...
the best thing for him was to go elsewhere and not be shackled by our typically overly conservative mindset and find out for himself

He was told not to turn the ball over last year and executed it. I couldn't care less that they traded him but they better figure this crap out as we have more holes than money. We'll end up being a final destnation/rest home for some more washed veterans. Its a joke.

Based on what you've heard - do you think Kenny was happy here? Rumors of him not learning anything from the sideline. Multiple concussions. Self-inflicted ankle injury that sat him for the remainder of the season.

I think he may have forced the trade himself...

Didn't you say some team would give him an opportunity to start and then he resigned with us a 3rd string?
I said he would go somewhere that gave him a chance to compete. I was off by a year and even admitted I was wrong. See unlike some I can admit when I am wrong. But ultimately he did exactly what I thought. Go to a place that he can compete for the starting position and worst-case scenario the titans have a good backup QB.

I will eat crow on this one. I would have bet my left nut he would have went anywhere other than here. I mean there's a lot of easy backup spots with the potential of getting an injury start out there. Packers, Rams, Jax and maybe even San Fran if they trade Trey. Depending on how much he costs us it makes sense. I mean having a deep QB room is important especially with a young QB on the roster. But I honestly can't believe the Rams with a bum shoulder Stafford and the non-college graduate at 26 Stetson Bennet as a backup wouldn't throw an offer at Rudolph. Unless they plan on tanking to get Caleb Williams or Drake Maye.

This trade happened faster than a Steelers draft pick. There was nothing to indicate this was about to happen. Caught all the talking heads and insiders by surprise.
Espn alluded that pickett asked for this.

My guess that Rudolph told him not to trust the staff and they wouldn't give him any guarantees.. which honestly, they shouldn't, and he said he wanted out...

Based on what you've heard - do you think Kenny was happy here? Rumors of him not learning anything from the sideline. Multiple concussions. Self-inflicted ankle injury that sat him for the remainder of the season.

Maybe, but other than being closer to his childhood home, I doubt he'll see more playing time there than he would if he stayed here.
And again, the Steelers gave him away.

from that standpoint it was but from a team morale and attitude standpoint it might not be. And this is me saying this one of his biggest defenders. Maybe he was a whiny *** *****.

?????? All we had to do was........not trade him. Simple really. I know I know...... Tomlin only wants volunteers .....not hostages. This trade made us worse as a team.