• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

So I take it you will be an Eagles fan this upcoming season.
Well that's a great comeback. Are you a Steelers fan or a Tomlin and Kahn fan? Id love to be wrong about Tomlin. Unfortunately, you are blind if you dont see that we will be right back here next year after another 9 or 10 win season with another 18 to 20 pick. Unable to land a long term guy. And if they ink Russ beyond this season you will find out what Russ really is.

That's one piece of it...

Getting rid of a pouting petulant man-child, with underwhelming NFL caliper QB skills that would of NEVER ever got us close to the organizations goal...

The other pieces are having the desire and GM/salary cap expertise to make us relevant again this off season....

I cant wait to see what's next and what our draft brings...

The arrow is definitely pointing up for the Pittsburgh Steelers again!
And replacing him with probably top its really about me guy in the league. Wait till he starts telling Shades what they should do on D.

Well that's a great comeback. Are you a Steelers fan or a Tomlin and Kahn fan? Id love to be wrong about Tomlin. Unfortunately, you are blind if you dont see that we will be right back here next year after another 9 or 10 win season with another 18 to 20 pick. Unable to land a long term guy. And if they ink Russ beyond this season you will find out what Russ really is.
So, speculating about Wilson while absolving the guy that refused to dress for a game, said he learned nothing from watching games, and refused to compete for a starting QB spot.

I hope you were seriously joking about point #1???
Obviously you’re not in some of the Steelers FB groups. I’m joking but the Tomlin Fan Club isn’t.

So, speculating about Wilson while absolving the guy that refused to dress for a game, said he learned nothing from watching games, and refused to compete for a starting QB spot.
Your knowledge of that comes from Pittsburgh hack writers. AND I'd say they mismanaged Pickett from day one. They brought in Mitch and in Typical Tomlin fashion I can't have a losing record.....they fed him to the wolves. The guy by everyone's opinion was stiffed with a non NFL OC that a HOF qb and a high first round could do nothing with. Then they tell him he is the man only to bring in team suck up.
The book on Wilson comes from a large line of his team mates. And it is he will act like the coach if not the boss. Will set up an office and be a giant doucher. Will chum up with the coaches and have nothing to do with the players.

Do they hang with him. Look, I'm confident he can hold it together for a season when he is last chance. He is as phoney as a three dollar bill. If they get to playoffs and extend his contract that will become the issue. Wait till he moves "Team Russell" into the South Side. If you get into a power struggle with Pete Carroll........
I'll take my chances with Russ over a QB who felt entitled to a starting position despite throwing for 13 TDs over 25 games and wasn't even up to an offseason competition.

Kenny Pickett is gone. He's not a Steeler anymore. He's yet another wasted 1st round pick. He never had one great game for us. He had maybe two pretty good games. **** him. He sucked anyway.
Woah bro...that's a little harsh. I'm not a Kenny defender or basher myself, he is what he is at this point in his career. He may turn into Alex Smith in the near future or he may be a complete bust. I just know we didn't have time to find out. While the big names on the D are still together we did the right thing by bringing in a franchise guy that can get us playoff success now, and maybe to the dance. He's the perfect fit for what Smith does on offense.

Again speculation. Maybe he wasn't up to being lied too. All I know is whatever you think about KP being a diva or a malcontent. They did not replace him with a good soldier here. Maybe Cam and Minkah will fall in line when he tries to lead warm up on the team plane?

And all the diva and malcontent is just hearsay anyway as well. For as many reports saying he was, there were as many refuting it.

And replacing him with probably top its really about me guy in the league. Wait till he starts telling Shades what they should do on D.
That was Russell 10 years ago. I have bashed Tomlin to no end for his football decisions on field, but I know he's no fool when it comes to judging people. I'm sure he also let Wilson know what is expected of him and what won't be tolerated.

So now like only 4 of their last 11 first round picks have seen a second contract. I hope Kahn can correct that going forward.

Last edited:
That was Russell 10 years ago. I have bashed Tomlin to no end for his football decisions on field, but I know he's no fool when it comes to judging people. I'm sure he also let Wilson know what is expected of him and what won't be tolerated.
Judging people? They had a front row seat for Kenny Pickett's his entire College Career. Now apparently he isn't a team guy? 10 years ago? Russell Wilson set up his own office at Broncos Headquarters and a large portion of his teamates hated him.

Idk about Wilson. But I really don't believe most of the horseshit shoveled by the media about kp8. . You want to believe the bad things about Pickett. What about how the Steelers were upset and angry over negativity about him. What about the front office saying they were behind him?

Judging people? They had a front row seat for Kenny Pickett's his entire College Career. Now apparently he isn't a team guy? 10 years ago? Russell Wilson set up his own office at Broncos Headquarters and a large portion of his teamates hated him.
He’s so hated that Cam, Minkah, and Muth all called to lobby him to come here.