• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

If anyone is talking about Kenny ****** Pickett's attitude you better understand one thing. If Russell Wilson sticks around long enough you are gonna be having second thoughts about that.

Doesn't seem to matter what I do
I'm always number two

No one knows how hard I tried, oh-oh, I
I have feelings that I can't explain
Drivin' me insane
All my life, been so polite
But I'll sleep alone tonight
'Cause I'm just Ken, anywhere else I'd be a ten
Is it my destiny to live and die a life of blonde fragility?
I'm just Ken
Where I see love, she sees a friend
What will it take for her to see the man behind the tan and fight for me?
I wanna know what's like to love, to be the real thing
Is it a crime? Am I not hot when I'm in my feelings?
And is my moment finally here, or am I dreaming?
I'm no dreamer
Can you feel the Kenergy?
Feels so real, my Kenergy
Can you feel the Kenergy?
Feels so real, my Kenergy
I'm just Ken, anywhere else I'd be a ten
Is it my destiny to live and die a life of blonde fragility?
I'm just Ken
Where I see love, she sees a friend
What will it take for her to see the man behind the tan and fight for me?
I'm just Ken (and I'm enough)
And I'm great at doing stuff
So, hey, check me out, yeah, I'm just Ken
My name's Ken (and so am I)
Put that manly hand in mine
So, hey, world, check me out, yeah, I'm just Ken
Baby, I'm just Ken (nobody else, nobody else)
Source: Musixmatch

If anyone is talking about Kenny ****** Pickett's attitude you better understand one thing. If Russell Wilson sticks around long enough you are gonna be having second thoughts about that.
Running from competition is weak, especially when you've thrown for 13 TDs in 25 games.

So he ran from competition because he was told that he wasn't the front runner anymore. Weak.
To be fair.. tge Steelers have absolutely no current track record of having legit competitions tgese days... how often does a Rudolph outplay a Trabisky or well another dozen times a guy outplayed the established vet and still lose hos spot because Tomlin reasons...

I think the report was that Tomlin didnt contact Pickett, pickett contacted him... and once he heard he was taking 2nd reps, he figured Coach had already made his decision and bailed...

Justin Fields

I have no idea if he can become the QB that he looked to be coming out of Ohio State. The Bears have a way of train wrecking the careers of talented football players.

But, when it comes to the physical tools required to play the position, Justin Fields is significantly better equipped than KP8 in every single category. I'd rather roll the dice with Fields for the next couple years than Pickett. There's just much more upside potential there.

Screenshot-2024-03-15-18-52-35.png

Sure but what Gerry doesn't mention is that Russell's last team just ate 30 some million dollars of cap space when he played acceptably well. They could have drafted a kid and let Wilson play another season. They did not. That rings a hell of a lot more bells than a kid getting pissy about you playing head games with him.

Sure but what Gerry doesn't mention is that Russell's last team just ate 30 some million dollars of cap space when he played acceptably well. They could have drafted a kid and let Wilson play another season. They did not. That rings a hell of a lot more bells than a kid getting pissy about you playing head games with him.
Wilson is not the Qb for Payton's offense...he IS the QB for Arthur Smith's. Relax, things are going to be good, real good.

Ahhh, but this thread isn't about Wilson's attitude, which we have not witnessed/heard about while he was/is a Steeler. So, we don't actually know how he will act as a Steeler. We can only speculate. Kenny Pickett bitched and moaned last year when he sat and he bitched and moaned about competing from the second position rather than the front runner after they aquired Wilson.

Cam, TJ, and Minkah don't seem to have a problem with Russ as they all helped recruit him to Pittsburgh and Queen mentioned he was excited to play with Wilson as well.

Justin Fields

I have no idea if he can become the QB that he looked to be coming out of Ohio State. The Bears have a way of train wrecking the careers of talented football players.

But, when it comes to the physical tools required to play the position, Justin Fields is significantly better equipped than KP8 in every single category. I'd rather roll the dice with Fields for the next couple years than Pickett. There's just much more upside potential there.
So fields wouldnt start this season, and tgey would have to pay his large guaranteed fifth year option next season even if he sucked... if the fifth year wasnt picked up, they would only have his rights for one year where he didnt have a chance to play

I think I read that someone (here) posted "and still get Justin Fields"...is that really a bad idea??? And then draft another QB - early.
Fields is Kordell v.2.0. He relies on his legs because he cannot consistently make the necessary throws.

Cam, TJ, and Minkah don't seem to have a problem with Russ as they all helped recruit him to Pittsburgh and Queen mentioned he was excited to play with Wilson as well.
Do they hang with him. Look, I'm confident he can hold it together for a season when he is last chance. He is as phoney as a three dollar bill. If they get to playoffs and extend his contract that will become the issue. Wait till he moves "Team Russell" into the South Side. If you get into a power struggle with Pete Carroll........

So fields wouldnt start this season, and tgey would have to pay his large guaranteed fifth year option next season even if he sucked... if the fifth year wasnt picked up, they would only have his rights for one year where he didnt have a chance to play
I hope they draft a QB ..... and do not bring in someone like J Fields ...... there has to be a vet out there they can bring in that will not eat up a ton of cap space

Do they hang with him. Look, I'm confident he can hold it together for a season when he is last chance. He is as phoney as a three dollar bill. If they get to playoffs and extend his contract that will become the issue. Wait till he moves "Team Russell" into the South Side. If you get into a power struggle with Pete Carroll........
My only issue with Wilson is he will be 36 this year, and virtually no qbs playing his style at his size survive much past 35.... so he could be stick a fork in him done at any time and we have nothing behind him

Cause he got a 3rd and a couple 7ths for a 1st round Qb who's played 25 games plus a fourth. Yeah that is awesome.
best business advice I ever heard was “hire slowly and fire fast. Kahn realized that Kenny’s attitude was detrimental towards the team, and removed him from the locker room. Props to Kahn for getting anything for one of the worst starting QB’s in NFL history.

best business advice I ever heard was “hire slowly and fire fast. Kahn realized that Kenny’s attitude was detrimental towards the team, and removed him from the locker room. Props to Kahn for getting anything for one of the worst starting QB’s in NFL history.
I don't say this very often. But you are a ******* idiot.

Cause he got a 3rd and a couple 7ths for a 1st round Qb who's played 25 games plus a fourth. Yeah that is awesome.
That's one piece of it...

Getting rid of a pouting petulant man-child, with underwhelming NFL caliper QB skills that would of NEVER ever got us close to the organizations goal...

The other pieces are having the desire and GM/salary cap expertise to make us relevant again this off season....

I cant wait to see what's next and what our draft brings...

The arrow is definitely pointing up for the Pittsburgh Steelers again!