• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

from that standpoint it was but from a team morale and attitude standpoint it might not be. And this is me saying this one of his biggest defenders. Maybe he was a whiny *** *****.
So again......over the last few years we have shown players that if you whine and ***** we will reward you with a trade or your outright release. SMH

Interesting the talk is both Johnson and Kenny wanted out, maybe thigs aren't so great in this locker room. You wonder why they let Mason go if they saw this coming,

Interesting the talk is both Johnson and Kenny wanted out, maybe thigs aren't so great in this locker room. You wonder why they let Mason go if they saw this coming,
well rudy sucks so......

plus he was a FA, he signed where he wanted to

Ever since Shazier got hurt we had problems at ILB. Pouncey retired, then we had problems at center. Ben got hurt and qb has been a problem ever since. Now we need WR's. Seems Tomlin can't fix a problem, just prolongs them.

Why do people here hate Pickett so much

2 years in the league in a dysfunctional organization with questionable coaching and roster

Why do people love Mason Rudolph? He's proven he's a good QB but not a #1
I don’t hate Kenny Pickett. I just don’t think he an especially good NFL QB. I figure you’d have to know the guy in order to actually hate him.

If he wanted out then there is not much you can do. The trade was a crap trade considering the return. This draft is going to be interesting. The way FA is falling more than a couple of teams in front of us or around us are going to need a center. JPJ might be gone by pick 20 and at this point, there is no way Zach Frazier makes it to us in the second. If the Steelers want either one they will have to trade up. I didn't want to see them have to take a QB or WR in round 1. OT or center in rounds one and two was how I saw this playing out.

If he wanted out then there is not much you can do. The trade was a crap trade considering the return. This draft is going to be interesting. The way FA is falling more than a couple of teams in front of us or around us are going to need a center. JPJ might be gone by pick 20 and at this point, there is no way Zach Frazier makes it to us in the second. If the Steelers want either one they will have to trade up. I didn't want to see them have to take a QB or WR in round 1. OT or center in rounds one and two was how I saw this playing out.
What? Really? You simply don't trade him. After year four he goes his own way.

Kenny may never see any meaningful playing time again. It's not like Hurts is old, or washed up.
Clipboard Kenny might have a long career.

I may bust out my Cliff Stoudt jersey!

Still hard for me to believe. I thought they would have left him as 2. Oh well. They obviously are going to draft QB and count on Russ giving them 2 to 4 years maybe.
giphy.gif

Kudos for Trailer Park Boys and Bubbles.

So again......over the last few years we have shown players that if you whine and ***** we will reward you with a trade or your outright release. SMH
I don't agree with trading them just because they ***** and moan, or are idiots. However, Chase Claypool got traded to the Bears. Diontae got traded to the Panthers. Pickett made out the best of them by going to Philly, but, I think the message could be "we will reward you with a trade to either a **** team or a place where you have no chance to start."

Well, the reports were also that Diontae like to fight teammates in the locker room and that Kenny was a bit of a prima donna who whined/pouted and acted like a spoiled kid when things didn't go his way. The point could be made that they were a big part of the reason for any locker room discontent.

Man this really does not make sense. At the very least you have a cheap back up for 2 years
Or you draft a better prospect and have him sit behind Russ for a year or two,,,,,,,,,, Not that I dislike Pickett .... but this does not upset me one bit ... a higher 3rd round pick ... this is a pretty good draft for QBs WRs OT and some nice OC ..... I am actually happy right now ....

Hell I might ask DIC to trade the luxury S10 to the newbie selling season tickets for this year, camp out in Slash's backyard on weekends and raffle one of the seats to a steelernation member to attend a game with the Motley Crue of myself, Dic & Slash .................lol

Last edited:
So he ran from competition because he was told that he wasn't the front runner anymore. Weak.
If that's how you want to interpret it than sure, and again these are just reports, no one has heard Kenny's side of anything. Not that it would matter, most would just say he's lying so it's whatever. Have your own opinion, believe whatever it is you want to believe to be true

The Steelers totally botched Pickett's development. They didn't have the supporting cast or coaching for him to succeed. However, Pickett did so little with his opportunities. At no point in his short tenure here did he show that he could put the team on his back and be a franchise QB. The fact that he doesn't even have the drive to compete for the job is a little pathetic. If you want to start, give the coaching staff every reason to put you in the lineup. I suppose when you have no pocket awareness and can't throw TDs, he had no confidence he could beat out Wilson.