• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

Idk about Wilson. But I really don't believe most of the horseshit shoveled by the media about kp8. . You want to believe the bad things about Pickett. What about how the Steelers were upset and angry over negativity about him. What about the front office saying they were behind him?
Tomlin and the FO said they would bring in competition for Pickett. Pickett chose to go elsewhere. No front office gives up on a first round pick after 2 years unless there is an attitude or discipline issue. If Pickett wanted to battle for QB1, he would still be here.

Mac Jones was just traded for a 6th. The Steelers were one year away from that type of compensation, so I'd say they did alright given what Pickett's shown.
They didn't get a third. They got a third for a fourth. You might be better off with a straight up 5th.

Idk about Wilson. But I really don't believe most of the horseshit shoveled by the media about kp8. . You want to believe the bad things about Pickett. What about how the Steelers were upset and angry over negativity about him. What about the front office saying they were behind him?
DK reported yesterday what happened in Seattle. The story refuted that Pickett refused to suit up for the game, which aligns with Pickett's reaction to the story. Now, him wanting out because of Wilson is completely lame on his end. Once again highlights what a pro Rudolph was while in Pittsburgh. I thought Pickett would've risen above the adversity but he didn't.

They didn't get a third. They got a third for a fourth. You might be better off with a straight up 5th.
The 3rd is a lot more valuable in terms of either drafting or trading than a 5th. That's worth moving one of the back-to-back 4th rounders. The two extra 7ths on top of it were a bonus.

Tomlin and the FO said they would bring in competition for Pickett. Pickett chose to go elsewhere. No front office gives up on a first round pick after 2 years unless there is an attitude or discipline issue. If Pickett wanted to battle for QB1, he would still be here.
I wanted to see how he’d do with a decent OC, but oh well.

No matter what one thinks of Pickett, the return we got on the trade is abominable. Inexcusable really.
What in the world do you think they were going to get in return? Mac Jones got a 6th. Justin Fields should, in reality, get no higher than a 5th and he has more athletic upside than Pickett (though he has proven to be not very good).

What in the world do you think they were going to get in return? Mac Jones got a 6th. Justin Fields should, in reality, get no higher than a 5th and he has more athletic upside than Pickett (though he has proven to be not very good).
He’s under contract for multiple years still! We have zero other quarterbacks on the roster and the presumed starter is an old man. Terrible trade. And I don’t even think Pickett is very good. Unless the return was great you don’t make this trade. Not for what we got back.

Omar's taking out the trash. Malcontents beware

tumblr_nx82tmcRvF1u1y9ruo1_400.gif

In my opinion the whole thing with the Pittsburgh Steelers has become a year to year thing. There is zero let's build something here. It's all we gotta win 9 to 10 games for a chip and a chair. Unfortunately they get to those games on the short stack and trying to draw to an inside straight. So they are gonna jump on the Wilson Train. Let's talk about where they are gonna be this time next year. But they just don't think like that at all. They are in the business of winning games. Just not big games.

This is getting old. A player wants out and we move them. Has been going on for years now. We don't even get good returns on them. More and more players will do this.

Yeah, it absolutely blows that you get your way when you act like a malcontent horses ***. That blueprint is set.

In my opinion the whole thing with the Pittsburgh Steelers has become a year to year thing. There is zero let's build something here. It's all we gotta win 9 to 10 games for a chip and a chair. Unfortunately they get to those games on the short stack and trying to draw to an inside straight. So they are gonna jump on the Wilson Train. Let's talk about where they are gonna be this time next year. But they just don't think like that at all. They are in the business of winning games. Just not big games.
But hey, at least they're winning the offseason this year. I remember we used to make fun of teams for that ****. You build contenders in the draft, not free agency. This team has missed on or failed to develop to many picks over the last decade. Hopefully Kahn can turn things around, he started on the right foot last year.

He’s under contract for multiple years still! We have zero other quarterbacks on the roster and the presumed starter is an old man. Terrible trade. And I don’t even think Pickett is very good. Unless the return was great you don’t make this trade. Not for what we got back.
Apparently no one in the league believes in Pickett if that's all the Steelers could get back. I also somehow think they'll manage to find a backup QB capable of throwing for 0.5 TDs per game.

All I can think about is what a waste of time and a first round draft pick. He wanted to be back home anyway since he's such an eagles fan. He got his dream. Adios. I hope the Steelers get to play him someday and we sack him 10 times.

DK reported yesterday what happened in Seattle. The story refuted that Pickett refused to suit up for the game, which aligns with Pickett's reaction to the story. Now, him wanting out because of Wilson is completely lame on his end. Once again highlights what a pro Rudolph was while in Pittsburgh. I thought Pickett would've risen above the adversity but he didn't.

Or Pickett had a first row seat on how they handled Mason and said I don't want any part of that nonsense. We know this coaching staff likes to guarantee things, only to do the exact opposite.

This is what I'm MOST upset about...just get the non losing season secure, and that's good enough. Last year they completely blew up the ILB room, didn't quite pan out. This year the QB room, only I'm less excited about the way things are starting out this year.

You build contenders in the draft, not free agency. This team has missed on or failed to develop to many picks over the last decade. Hopefully Kahn can turn things around, he started on the right foot last year.
This coaching staff cannot develop squat. If a player is great when they get here, they will be great here…hardly any “potential” players ever get built into an outstanding player. Colbert gets a ton of blame, but this coaching staff has been abysmal at player development and instruction.

I can't believe that this thread has reached 13 pages, and no one has brought up the cap implications of this trade. Pickett was going to count $3.84 million against the cap before the deal...now it's costing the Steelers $3.71 mill in DEAD CAP because of it. They are left with a paltry savings of $130K, and they still have to find and pay a backup QB. So they gained next to nothing in cap space, and gave up on a first rounder whom they drafted less than two calendar years ago. The front office wanted this guy out of the quarterbacks' room, and wanted it badly. Must've been a good reason. An urgent one.

I did happen to meet Pat Freiermuth yesterday, and he told me he was very excited to play with Russell Wilson. In fact, he said that he and a couple of teammates were having dinner with Russ last night. Never mentioned Kenny at all. I guess the writing was on the wall.

I honestly do not understand how people are mad at this. People have complained for years about the steelers being too conservative and content to be 500, never making the big moves. Now they make moves and people lose their minds.

The steelers have an expensive defense. This is possible because nobody on the offense makes any real money. They can't keep this defense together for too much longer. That means they have a window to win a super bowl while they still have Cam, TJ, and Minkah together.

There is no great team in the NFL. The Chiefs just won with a tough defense, run game and timely plays from a great QB.

The offseason is just starting. They will address the OL. They will likely add more to the secondary. They will add WRs.

Upgraded OC. Upgraded QB. Likely upgraded OL. Fixed the biggest hole on defense with Patrick Queen. A few more good moves and this team is a real contender.

This coaching staff cannot develop squat. If a player is great when they get here, they will be great here…hardly any “potential” players ever get built into an outstanding player. Colbert gets a ton of blame, but this coaching staff has been abysmal at player development and instruction.

This the number one problem. I've seen too many go to other teams who actually make their players better. On top of the defense has had the same for a long time. The same weaknesses that get exploited over and over,by good and bad teams.

I keep hoping they'll get back to defending every blade of grass and actually scheme to take the best players on other teams out of the game

Well at least we haven't had a boring offseason. It's actually been rather shocking and way out of the norm

I honestly do not understand how people are mad at this. People have complained for years about the steelers being too conservative and content to be 500, never making the big moves. Now they make moves and people lose their minds.

The steelers have an expensive defense. This is possible because nobody on the offense makes any real money. They can't keep this defense together for too much longer. That means they have a window to win a super bowl while they still have Cam, TJ, and Minkah together.

There is no great team in the NFL. The Chiefs just won with a tough defense, run game and timely plays from a great QB.

The offseason is just starting. They will address the OL. They will likely add more to the secondary. They will add WRs.

Upgraded OC. Upgraded QB. Likely upgraded OL. Fixed the biggest hole on defense with Patrick Queen. A few more good moves and this team is a real contender.
A bold move would have been to pay Kirk Cousins or Even Baker Mayfield big money. This is one year rental on a guy trying to rehab his game and image. For this they gave up on a first round pick that played 25 games and won more than he lost.

Or Pickett had a first row seat on how they handled Mason and said I don't want any part of that nonsense. We know this coaching staff likes to guarantee things, only to do the exact opposite.

This is what I'm MOST upset about...just get the non losing season secure, and that's good enough. Last year they completely blew up the ILB room, didn't quite pan out. This year the QB room, only I'm less excited about the way things are starting out this year.
Pickett could've won the job if he stepped up and played like a first-round pick and not like a late-round pick.

The new ILB room worked out really well until injuries took over. That group was significantly better than the previous season. Running it back with Pickett and Rudolph just wasn't an option. Wilson, at his price, was tough to beat. I don't know what he has left, so I don't have expectations. All I know is he's cheap and he'll likely throw more TDs than we would've seen from either Pickett or Rudolph.

Yes, they are avoiding the big mistake too many teams make. Dragging out poor QB play for too long because of the investment. The historically poor TD% and failure to improve on his glaring weaknesses were enough for me to want to move on. They get a bit of a wildcard at QB, but at a very affordable price where they can still build a roster for a future young QB (who they'll hopefully manage MUCH better).