• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

BTW, here's the stat line of the best game of Kenny's career
16-28 57% 235 yards 2 td 0 int

That is the ONLY 2 TD game of his career. Zach Wilson did that 3 times his rookie year. Wilson had a bad team around him too. Nobody would be complaining that the Jets gave up on Wilson too soon.

BTW, here's the stat line of the best game of Kenny's career
16-28 57% 235 yards 2 td 0 int

That is the ONLY 2 TD game of his career. Zach Wilson did that 3 times his rookie year. Wilson had a bad team around him too. Nobody would be complaining that the Jets gave up on Wilson too soon.
I'd argue this was Pickett's best game. The only game he played well for 4 quarters.

24/33 73% 278 yards 0 TD 0 INT

Wilson was never going to sign with anyone for more than one year regardless. Denver is paying the majority of his 39 million this year. This is about Wilson going somewhere to get plying time to show NFL teams he can still play at a high lever to get another big contract next year once the Denver money stops coming in.
Yes, it feels like we are massively kicking the can on a long term franchise QB.

you get 2 years of good football out of Wilson at his age in the absolute best case scenario, there is a better than average chance he sucks as a player and a leader of an offense next year and we have train wreck

The QB class is weak next year. I hope to god they don’t go get Fields who is no better than Pickett

What the hell are we doing?

I’d love another bold move into the top 10 this year to get a top QB but I doubt it and Wilson would light the locker room on fire…

A bold move would have been to pay Kirk Cousins or Even Baker Mayfield big money. This is one year rental on a guy trying to rehab his game and image. For this they gave up on a first round pick that played 25 games and won more than he lost.

Pay big money to guys who have won nothing?

Who cares about a rental? I'd rather have a cheap rental than own a money pit at QB.

BTW, people regard Vikes coach Kevin O'Connell as a great young offensive mind and he didn't want to keep Cousins.

Did the steelers give up on Devin Bush too soon?

Pay big money to guys who have won nothing?

Who cares about a rental? I'd rather have a cheap rental than own a money pit at QB.

BTW, people regard Vikes coach Kevin O'Connell as a great young offensive mind and he didn't want to keep Cousins.

Did the steelers give up on Devin Bush too soon?
You could tell with eyes easily that Bush was not an NFL linebacker. Yet still he started games in league. He might even get a job this year. Time and again we see that qbs need a fit and can do well after not looking good.

Reports are out KP told there was no competition. Wilson was starting.
Does that come from the same “hack writers” that you criticized for reporting negatively on Pickett? Let me guess, your hack writers are better than Pittsburgh’s hack writers?

Am i in a bizarro world where Kenny Pickett played great at some point? Forget great, where did he even play above average for an extended period?

Bears gave up on Trubiski. 49ers gave up on Trey Lance. Jets gave up on Wilson. It happens all the time. But somehow the steelers replacing Kenny Pickett with a Super Bowl champ and future hall of famer is some monumental error. I don't get it.

Does that come from the same “hack writers” that you criticized for reporting negatively on Pickett? Let me guess, your hack writers are better than Pittsburgh’s hack writers?
Same Hack writers. Aditi. Never said it was any more reliable. Same ****.

Am i in a bizarro world where Kenny Pickett played great at some point? Forget great, where did he even play above average for an extended period?

Bears gave up on Trubiski. 49ers gave up on Trey Lance. Jets gave up on Wilson. It happens all the time. But somehow the steelers replacing Kenny Pickett with a Super Bowl champ and future hall of famer is some monumental error. I don't get it.
I can't see being upset about moving him. He had little to no future in Pittsburgh.

I'm more than a little disappointed in the return though. But maybe there just wasn't a market for him? You made some good points. Trubisky and Lance went 2nd and 3rd in the draft and they were discarded for next to nothing.

If anyone is talking about Kenny ****** Pickett's attitude you better understand one thing. If Russell Wilson sticks around long enough you are gonna be having second thoughts about that.
But Ben Roethlisberger “supposedly” had a bad attitude (again, how many times have former players gone out of their way to mention it? Even Diontae Johnson threw shade at Ben at his Panthers presser), and was even called a slave owner (or some ridiculously stupid ****) by one former teammate.

Pickett was stuck with maybe the worst OC in history. When you have fans chanting to fire Canada all across the country at various events there is obviously an issue. Has that ever happened in the history of any sports? Couple that with a horrible blocking scheme and you get a shell shocked QB. This teams just seems incapable of actually teaching guys and developing them. Look at a guy like Minkah. He comes in, lights it up playing on instinct then gets forced into the system and become a little more than just a guy. Who knows what Pickett will become but he is probably better off getting a fresh start.

Pickett was stuck with maybe the worst OC in history. When you have fans chanting to fire Canada all across the country at various events there is obviously an issue. Has that ever happened in the history of any sports? Couple that with a horrible blocking scheme and you get a shell shocked QB. This teams just seems incapable of actually teaching guys and developing them. Look at a guy like Minkah. He comes in, lights it up playing on instinct then gets forced into the system and become a little more than just a guy. Who knows what Pickett will become but he is probably better off getting a fresh start.
Minkah’s production went down because we needed him to make up for awful ILB production. He had to pick up players over the middle and be run support rather than a roving safety that could play the ball. Hopefully with some depth at ILB now, and a better run stuffing safety being brought in, Minkah can play center field again and get some turnovers.

In my opinion the whole thing with the Pittsburgh Steelers has become a year to year thing. There is zero let's build something here
Actually I totally disagree with you here. I think Kahn is sick and tired of …..the never had a losing season ……one and done if they get to the playoff Steelers. He’s blowing **** up here. Getting rid of deadweight bad attitude type players. That has been plaguing this proud franchise for years now.
I hope George Pickens is watching. If he really wants to bea Steeler I hope he pulls his socks up here. ( I personally don’t think he will ever sign a 2nd good contract here)

I get what you’re saying about Wilson. Living in Vancouver,it was nonstop Seahawks,I’ve seen so much of Wilson. My hope is that he has been humbled and hopefully wants to repair his tarnished legacy. I hope. Never forget how much he signed for. Obviously there is concern for me after year one. But also obviously Picket burned his bridges here. Deadwood not want to be here…..gone. Did you watch Wilson’s press conference? I know he’s very media savvy. But he came across very well here.

Steelers haven’t won a playoff game in seven ******* years. TJ Watt has never been on a playoff winning team. Think about that one.
Patrick Queen was a GREAT signing. Poaching from your rival. A huge need. Saves a top draft choice. Great attitude,great athleticism,I think he’s going to be a great addition.

“Year to Year thing”. Nope. I disagree. I think Kahn has a plan and is not sitting on his ***. Like the teams been doing for years.
I think week one of FA is just the beginning. Week two all the way to the draft is going to be a whirlwind.
Buckle up girls and boys.

But he made it clear he wanted out. " We want volunteers, not hostages."------Mike Tomlin Football Philosophy 101
What happens tomorrow if every Jane Dick and Harry on the team says they want out? You don't have to move someone just because their feelings got hurt. Especially a 1st rounder with 2 possibly 3 years remaining on their contract. Now we have one QB under contract who is 35 years old. Add in the factor that we got nothing for Pickett. The trade was horrible on all levels.

Personally, I would have told KP to act like a professional, work your *** off and see what 25 brings. If he didn’t want to do that, I would make him inactive each week until he changed his attitude. Any running his mouth, I would suspend him. Under no circumstances would I give in to demands.