• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

The qb room has been toxic since Ben got hurt. Tomlin mismanaged his personnel. Chickens come home to roost. Now we have an old qb that has been controversial. Does any nfl qb really want to work under Tomlin? Only if they are desperate.

Personally, I would have told KP to act like a professional, work your *** off and see what 25 brings. If he didn’t want to do that, I would make him inactive each week until he changed his attitude. Any running his mouth, I would suspend him. Under no circumstances would I give in to demands.
They had a QB who can’t produce touchdowns and didn’t want to compete. They apparently didn’t think he was worth the trouble.

Wow
Moving up 22 spots from 120 to 98 and toss in a couple 7ths in 2025 tells ya all ya need to know about KFP’s perceived value by the teams involved

I don’t know what people thought the Steelers were going to get for Pickett. I get that he’s a former 1st rounder, but he never played like it. The guy had 13 TD in 25 starts, regressed terribly his 2nd year and just never put it together.

You can blame this or that or make whatever excuse, but the product he put on tape was the reason the return was so paltry.

If I’m being honest, I expect he’ll be a much better QB in Philadelphia. A few recent players that have left Pittsburgh have looked much better elsewhere, Dotson being most notable. Tomlin and staff just simply do not develop players. I expect Kenny will be no different and probably have a decent if unspectacular career.

I don’t know what people thought the Steelers were going to get for Pickett. I get that he’s a former 1st rounder, but he never played like it. The guy had 13 TD in 25 starts, regressed terribly his 2nd year and just never put it together.

You can blame this or that or make whatever excuse, but the product he put on tape was the reason the return was so paltry.

If I’m being honest, I expect he’ll be a much better QB in Philadelphia. A few recent players that have left Pittsburgh have looked much better elsewhere, Dotson being most notable. Tomlin and staff just simply do not develop players. I expect Kenny will be no different and probably have a decent if unspectacular career.
Obviously Khan won that deal for us
Up 22 spots and two 7ths next year for KFP
Khan artist!...

Not too many teams give anything for a low 30s ranking QB with injury issues...and small hands

I predict your're correct. He'll be a decent backup for the Iggles, at least a fairly cheap one for 2 years.

BTW, here's the stat line of the best game of Kenny's career
16-28 57% 235 yards 2 td 0 int

That is the ONLY 2 TD game of his career. Zach Wilson did that 3 times his rookie year. Wilson had a bad team around him too. Nobody would be complaining that the Jets gave up on Wilson too soon.
BTW---I saw Zach Wilson go head to head with Kenny....Wilson was the better QB that day.. and won the game.

Personally, I would have told KP to act like a professional, work your *** off and see what 25 brings. If he didn’t want to do that, I would make him inactive each week until he changed his attitude. Any running his mouth, I would suspend him. Under no circumstances would I give in to demands.
I agree to a point, but having a toxic / whiny person around can really bring down the morale or team unity. We had a very toxic director of nursing at one point and it was like a giant weight on the whole building. She ended up getting fired and it was just a huge relief for everyone. Even outside vendors / staff who came into the building without knowing what was going on could feel the difference. If you could suspend a player or keep them away from the team then that would be a different story, but w/ the CBA I do not think you can do that.

I agree to a point, but having a toxic / whiny person around can really bring down the morale or team unity. We had a very toxic director of nursing at one point and it was like a giant weight on the whole building. She ended up getting fired and it was just a huge relief for everyone. Even outside vendors / staff who came into the building without knowing what was going on could feel the difference. If you could suspend a player or keep them away from the team then that would be a different story, but w/ the CBA I do not think you can do that.
You're a nurse? That's awesome!!!

Pickett was a completely wasted draft pick. And Tomlin sucks. I kind of get the feeling that management is forcing Tomlin's hand in moving on from his mistake. But at some point, management has to acknowledge it's mistake of continuing to do business with the guy who can't produce playoff wins as the headcoach. With all this radical change this season, I'll give him this year to see what happens. But if this season fails, so long, Mike, get the hell out. It's long overdue.

Actually I totally disagree with you here. I think Kahn is sick and tired of …..the never had a losing season ……one and done if they get to the playoff Steelers. He’s blowing **** up here. Getting rid of deadweight bad attitude type players. That has been plaguing this proud franchise for years now.
I hope George Pickens is watching. If he really wants to bea Steeler I hope he pulls his socks up here. ( I personally don’t think he will ever sign a 2nd good contract here)

I get what you’re saying about Wilson. Living in Vancouver,it was nonstop Seahawks,I’ve seen so much of Wilson. My hope is that he has been humbled and hopefully wants to repair his tarnished legacy. I hope. Never forget how much he signed for. Obviously there is concern for me after year one. But also obviously Picket burned his bridges here. Deadwood not want to be here…..gone. Did you watch Wilson’s press conference? I know he’s very media savvy. But he came across very well here.

Steelers haven’t won a playoff game in seven ******* years. TJ Watt has never been on a playoff winning team. Think about that one.
Patrick Queen was a GREAT signing. Poaching from your rival. A huge need. Saves a top draft choice. Great attitude,great athleticism,I think he’s going to be a great addition.

“Year to Year thing”. Nope. I disagree. I think Kahn has a plan and is not sitting on his ***. Like the teams been doing for years.
I think week one of FA is just the beginning. Week two all the way to the draft is going to be a whirlwind.
Buckle up girls and boys.
I will go on record as saying I believe he will say do all right things this year. Leapords don't change spots. Dude is a diva. If you sign him beyond this year it will come through. They have a ceiling of 11 wins if he is healthy and floor of 9. Which means 10 and we are all back here next year one and done in playoffs. It wouldn't have been a dumb move if team didn't have a 1st round qb. Now even with the low price it's a dumb move. Russ will either move on next year or you will be giving him 30 per for two or three and building him an office space at the practice facility. But hey. Maybe less hamstring injuries with high knees on the flights.

Pickett was a completely wasted draft pick. And Tomlin sucks. I kind of get the feeling that management is forcing Tomlin's hand in moving on from his mistake. But at some point, management has to acknowledge it's mistake of continuing to do business with the guy who can't produce playoff wins as the headcoach. With all this radical change this season, I'll give him this year to see what happens. But if this season fails, so long, Mike, get the hell out. It's long overdue.
I couldn't agree more. Great post.

Did anyone else see this coming years ago? This guy is a bust. So very, very done with his handling of my Steelers. Just go away Tomlin.

I slept on it and went looking for info.

Well Mr.Pickett said he was told directly as soon as he found out about them signing Wilson on social media, he called and they told him he would be backing up Wilson.

Doesn't sound like a competition to me. This was after much assurance by the GM and HC they would get him help, that the last two years was a mess.

That's when he asked for a trade. So they dicked Mason around and lied and now they do it to Pickett.

The Steelers are better than this crap. And while I definitely think it's for the betterment of the team and Pickett, that he goes elsewhere. Honestly is always the best policy.

I remember James Harrison leaving because he got dicked around and lied to as well. He didn't handle that properly either.

I hope the hell all of this is over. This idea of getting ready made players when you draft them without having to develop them to a pro level is absurd. That goes for any position.

I'm going to guess they draft a QB. I hope the hell it's a tackle or center in round one. Power football with a qb that can do play action.

What round I don't know. If they reach for a guy that needs a lot of development, it's not going to work out well.

Well look at the bright side. We have no quarterbacks on the roster who have ever played a down for the Steelers. We can't fight over anyone..lol

Last edited: