• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

U of wash qb getting drafted u wanta bet ?
Seattle drafts ahead of the Steelers. Ryan Grubb was hired as their new OC.( Huskie old OC) Might be a little high for Penix.
Seattle did just trade for Sam Howell though.
I think someone will get him in the second or trade up for him if he drops.

They really didnt plan for this... otherwise they wouldnt have let most of the other QBs go before trading Pickett...

I just hope this doesnt become a Marcus Nasland Situation...

They really didnt plan for this... otherwise they wouldnt have let most of the other QBs go before trading Pickett...

And after what they did to Rudolph and Pickett, what QB that might be a half way decent back up is going to want to go to Pittsburgh? Word has to get around.

People are going to see the **** show and avoid it.

They couldn't have thought this would go well. Say one thing and do another. They did it to themselves.

They will either fly or die this year. And by judging the last decade oh I'd say middle of the pack.

I will go on record as saying I believe he will say do all right things this year. Leapords don't change spots. Dude is a diva. If you sign him beyond this year it will come through. They have a ceiling of 11 wins if he is healthy and floor of 9. Which means 10 and we are all back here next year one and done in playoffs.

I mean, they managed to win 10 games last season with pretty much **** QB play for most of the season.

If the defense stays healthy, it may not be unreasonable to think they could do better than 11 wins with Wilson and make a run in the playoffs, which might be their thinking, though I do not necessarily have faith in Tomlin to oversee it.

We all saw how much better the offense was Rudolph, and Wilson might very well still be an upgrade from that at this point in his career. The running game should be good, and there are still weapons in the passing game with Pickens and Freiermuth.

And after what they did to Rudolph and Pickett, what QB that might be a half way decent back up is going to want to go to Pittsburgh? Word has to get around.

People are going to see the **** show and avoid it.
What did they do to Rudolph and Pickett?

They gave Rudolph a job last year when nobody else was interested. They gave Pickett 25 starts. Neither is entitled to anything.

This could truly be a blessing. Think about this. Hurts gets injured and has to miss the Steelers game this year. KP is named the starter. He proceeds to come in a beat the Steelers. After the season, Tomlin is fired. Sweeeeeeetness!

We can hope anyway.

Wow
Moving up 22 spots from 120 to 98 and toss in a couple 7ths in 2025 tells ya all ya need to know about KFP’s perceived value by the teams involved
In fairness, it’s a buyers market this year at QB and the Steelers didn’t have much leverage with Pickett wanting out.

I mean, they managed to win 10 games last season with pretty much **** QB play for most of the season.

If the defense stays healthy, it may not be unreasonable to think they could do better than 11 wins with Wilson and make a run in the playoffs, which might be their thinking, though I do not necessarily have faith in Tomlin to oversee it.

We all saw how much better the offense was Rudolph, and Wilson might very well still be an upgrade from that at this point in his career. The running game should be good, and there are still weapons in the passing game with Pickens and Freiermuth.
Their day one roster sure. Their week 13 roster not a chance. Wisdom isn't being smart it's seeing the same **** repeating itself. Baltimore or Cinci will win the division. Steelers will be second or third and a Wildcard road team.

The only real upside I see in all of thus is they are clearly getting desperate to get something done while they have the best of a generation defensive talent. If it's successful I will be super happy. If not maybe just maybe they will wake the **** up and move past the blight on this franchise. They had 25 games of patience with Pickett and how many seasons with Tomlin.

I don’t know what people thought the Steelers were going to get for Pickett. I get that he’s a former 1st rounder, but he never played like it. The guy had 13 TD in 25 starts, regressed terribly his 2nd year and just never put it together.

You can blame this or that or make whatever excuse, but the product he put on tape was the reason the return was so paltry.

If I’m being honest, I expect he’ll be a much better QB in Philadelphia. A few recent players that have left Pittsburgh have looked much better elsewhere, Dotson being most notable. Tomlin and staff just simply do not develop players. I expect Kenny will be no different and probably have a decent if unspectacular career.
So hold onto him. This will just make.
the next player ask to be traded when they think they under used. We will see how Pickens season plays out. If it isn't going the way he feels and thinks it should be..........just might be the next one asking.

The only real upside I see in all of thus is they are clearly getting desperate to get something done while they have the best of a generation defensive talent. If it's successful I will be super happy. If not maybe just maybe they will wake the **** up and move past the blight on this franchise. They had 25 games of patience with Pickett and how many seasons with Tomlin.
I am sure Tomlin's plan is all finally falling together.....he will just need a few more years to get over that final hump.

Wilson's hands are smaller than picketts. His head is smaller thaTroy's. Will Tomlin use other body parts as metrics?

Doesn't sound like a guy who can handle the pressure. He wanted to be an eagle anyway.
Yes, there are pictures of him as a teenager with an Eagles jersey. The deal of it for me is I am not a Kenny hater or a worshipper of him. He had a terrible TD to Pick ratio at Pitt, he continued that with the Steelers, and he acts like a brat. Those are facts.

If you can't compete against one man how are you going to lead a team in competition against another team? We got rid of two brats in him and Drops Johnson....Trippin Pickens better grow up fast and work hard on routes with Russ because as we all know Wilson likes to extend plays much like Ben.

If he doesn't work hard he might end up with the Commanders or Panthers and then quickly on to the trash heap of NFL receiver history...LOL.

I read somewhere that Pickett also has the worst TD to passing attempts ratio IN THE HISTORY of the NFL.....I don't think we lost much.

They didn’t let ANYONE else go. Pickett was the only QB on the roster before signing Wilson.

I couldn't agree more. Great post.

Did anyone else see this coming years ago? This guy is a bust. So very, very done with his handling of my Steelers. Just go away Tomlin.
The thing that gets me about the Pickett supporters is have they ever thought what the tiny statistical probability is/was that you would strike gold twice in a row? I mean some thought that after Ben you were easily getting a Joe Burrow type elite QB(and yes, some on other websites believed that.)

The only times I can recall that happening was Montana/ Young and Farve/ Rodgers. I think all the Steelers management was hoping for was a serviceable journeyman.... and dude couldn't even pull that off.