• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

Their day one roster sure. Their week 13 roster not a chance. Wisdom isn't being smart it's seeing the same **** repeating itself. Baltimore or Cinci will win the division. Steelers will be second or third and a Wildcard road team.
And the Defense will once again give up 500 points in the losing effort. Even if Wilson throws for 5 TD’s, you just know the D will spot the other team 2 TD’s and then 4 more during the rest of the game.

The thing that gets me about the Pickett supporters is have they ever thought what the tiny statistical probability is/was that you would strike gold twice in a row? I mean some thought that after Ben you were easily getting a Joe Burrow type elite QB(and yes, some on other websites believed that.)

The only times I can recall that happening was Montana/ Young and Farve/ Rodgers. I think all the Steelers management was hoping for was a serviceable journeyman.... and dude couldn't even pull that off.
If a coin flips heads picking tails has nothing to do with it. There is no statistical metric that says anything about that. And frankly it isn't about KP either for me. If he had similar stats in '24 I'd be fine saying bye. It's that they feel they gotta win 9 or 10 games and they will do anything to get that. And sone of you get suckered into that bullshit. You picked a guy you knew as well as you could. You give him as big a **** show as you couod possibly imagine. He finishes his first year with a lot of promise. You keep the same unqualified ******** running the offense. He plays one good game without that anchor around his neck then hurt. You end up putting in the guy you probably just should have given an honest chance to in the first place and he plays better albeit with the coaches that KP should have ended season with. Then you tell him he is gonna start but you bring in a guy that everyone knows you are starting. That my friends us a clusterfuck. And for what. So you can win 9-11 games next year and just be on the inside or just on the outside AGAIN. The problem.in this organization is all Tomlin. Everything that happens on the field is Tomlin. Because he has his ****** Marvin Lewis fingers in every pie. The Steelers are the Bengals of Marvin Lewis. Unending drama and yearly underperformance.

If a coin flips heads picking tails has nothing to do with it. There is no statistical metric that says anything about that. And frankly it isn't about KP either for me. If he had similar stats in '24 I'd be fine saying bye. It's that they feel they gotta win 9 or 10 games and they will do anything to get that. And sone of you get suckered into that bullshit. You picked a guy you knew as well as you could. You give him as big a **** show as you couod possibly imagine. He finishes his first year with a lot of promise. You keep the same unqualified ******** running the offense. He plays one good game without that anchor around his neck then hurt. You end up putting in the guy you probably just should have given an honest chance to in the first place and he plays better albeit with the coaches that KP should have ended season with. Then you tell him he is gonna start but you bring in a guy that everyone knows you are starting. That my friends us a clusterfuck. And for what. So you can win 9-11 games next year and just be on the inside or just on the outside AGAIN. The problem.in this organization is all Tomlin. Everything that happens on the field is Tomlin. Because he has his ****** Marvin Lewis fingers in every pie. The Steelers are the Bengals of Marvin Lewis. Unending drama and yearly underperformance.
Picking a franchise QB is not a 50/50 proposition. Kenny was given plenty of chances and couldn't produce. He abandons the pocket at a higher rate when the opposing defense is in zone....why is that? It's because he can't read zone well. He is easily fooled by Ds that disguise their zone coverage. It wasn't all Matt Canada, in fact Canada was not most of the problem.

When you watch the All 22 he misses receivers WIDE OPEN and it's because he doesn't trust what he sees. Could the Steelers have waited 2 or 3 years before the 'bust' sign was raised hoping he would learn the most difficult part of the position? Sure...and then we would be bitching about holding on to Kenny for so long and how this is all Marvin Tomlin's doing. LOL....you can't win.

I am probably the biggest Tomlin basher on this board. And dumping DJ and Pickett while bringing in Wilson on a sweet deal plus Queen,Jackson,Elliot shuts me up about Mike. Enough said.

Last edited:
You cannot evaluate a pro QB that has only played in a sub pro offense you just cannot. It's all interlinked. It's like let's evaluate Russ on his win loses last two years. Let's do that then.
11-19 friend. He was brought into that organization because they felt he had everything else in place. So tell me what is his excuse?

You picked a guy you knew as well as you could. You give him as big a **** show as you couod possibly imagine. He finishes his first year with a lot of promise. You keep the same unqualified ******** running the offense. He plays one good game without that anchor around his neck then hurt. You end up putting in the guy you probably just should have given an honest chance to in the first place and he plays better albeit with the coaches that KP should have ended sThen you tell him he is gonna start but you bring in a guy that everyone knows you are starting. That my friends us a clusterfuck.

That's the thing. People want to criticize Kenny, claiming he did not want to compete, but we all know deep down there was going to be no real competition, and Kenny knew it too.

I also wanted to see what he could do with a competent OC, and maybe the Steelers still did too, but the opportunity to land Russell Wilson for $1 million in 2024 was too tempting to pass up with the window of the Heyward/Watt/Fitzpatrick defensive core about closed.

Kenny simply had not shown enough at this point to tolerate him wanting out after the signing.

It might have been short sighted on the Steelers part, as I still think there is more to Kenny as a player than he has shown so far in his career.

To me, it is a bit odd how he sucked for like 90% of a game, but would suddenly look great outside of the base structure of Canada's offense in two minutes situations.

It was the same way in Ben's final season with Canada where Ben struggled for most of the game, but had the highest QB rating in the league in the 4th quarter.

Canada might have been THAT bad, at least in the passing game. His running game was decent, which is maybe why Tomlin stuck with him as long as he did, hoping the passing game would eventually catch up.

I still cannot shake the feeling that letting Kenny go was a mistake, as I would not be surprised if he ends up playing really well somewhere else within the next few years, with Russell Wilson long retired.

I know his stats have been bad, but every QBs stats with Canada at OC were bad and unlike Ben and Trubisky, Kenny was just starting out in the league.

It's just a sense I have after watching Kenny play the past couple years and the variables that went into it.

You cannot evaluate a pro QB that has only played in a sub pro offense you just cannot. It's all interlinked. It's like let's evaluate Russ on his win loses last two years. Let's do that then.
11-19 friend. He was brought into that organization because they felt he had everything else in place. So tell me what is his excuse?
You're running an offense in Denver that is quick read-quick release. What Payton had created around Brees. Wilson is not that QB, hell Ben couldn't run that offense. Sure Ben became a quick release guy late in his career, but that was a simple pre snap one read system. Wilson is like Ben in that he can make t broken plays downfield or stand in the pocket and deliver splash plays, that's his style not what Payton was cooking. Still in 2023 he was 26/8 TD to Pick and I think that was top 3 in the NFL while being completely out of his element. He will thrive with Smith.

In 2022 Wilson was still nursing a nagging lat injury and playing under a guy who was fired during the season and that 2022 team was plagued with injuries on offense. The reason Hackett was fired so quick is they are owned by the Walton family (Wal-Mart) who don't have a clue or patience in their meddling.

24 hours later. Still don't really get this. Basically give your #1 pick for nothing.
At the very least he would have been a cheap back up for 2 years.
And who knows year 3 KP might have been a ton different in a different scheme

You're running an offense in Denver that is quick read-quick release. What Payton had created around Brees. Wilson is not that QB, hell Ben couldn't run that offense. Sure Ben became a quick release guy late in his career, but that was a simple pre snap one read system. Wilson is like Ben in that he can make t broken plays downfield or stand in the pocket and deliver splash plays, that's his style not what Payton was cooking. Still in 2023 he was 26/8 TD to Pick and I think that was top 3 in the NFL while being completely out of his element. He will thrive with Smith.

In 2022 Wilson was still nursing a nagging lat injury and playing under a guy who was fired during the season and that 2022 team was plagued with injuries on offense. The reason Hackett was fired so quick is they are owned by the Walton family (Wal-Mart) who don't have a clue or patience in their meddling.
So to be clear issues like coaching do matter then. Right?

24 hours later. Still don't really get this. Basically give your #1 pick for nothing.
Right here. Soneone who gets it. And if Kenny improved. Maybe just maybe he could have outlasted Tomlin. Tom Brady could not have won a championship with Tomlin. Not the current full control one anyhow.

Presley Harvin III too.
That’s why I was shocked that KP got traded for Buddy Ryan’s warm six-pack.
Khan is not Colbert
Colbert was a lackey
In fairness, it’s a buyers market this year at QB and the Steelers didn’t have much leverage with Pickett wanting out.
A bad QB doesn’t give much leverage
I think Khan did an amazing job getting anything for KFP

Figured he was worth about a 5-6th next year.

At least likely 8-10 QBs coming out better than KFP imo

Why do you want a cancer in the locker room? This is the guy who refused to be the emergency QB....
And this:

The most important thing to remember is players(pro bowl players) on this team made contact with Russell Wilson to convince him to come here....that's all you need to know about the belief in Pickett by those who really know what goes on with the team. Case closed.

Why do you want a cancer in the locker room? This is the guy who refused to be the emergency QB....
And this:

I didn't want him on draft day. But wanted him to succeed. Yeah he was pissed about being benched. I would hope any nfl player would be.

But to give him away for nothing is Just not good business

Picking a franchise QB is not a 50/50 proposition. Kenny was given plenty of chances and couldn't produce. He abandons the pocket at a higher rate when the opposing defense is in zone....why is that? It's because he can't read zone well. He is easily fooled by Ds that disguise their zone coverage. It wasn't all Matt Canada, in fact Canada was not most of the problem.

When you watch the All 22 he misses receivers WIDE OPEN and it's because he doesn't trust what he sees. Could the Steelers have waited 2 or 3 years before the 'bust' sign was raised hoping he would learn the most difficult part of the position? Sure...and then we would be bitching about holding on to Kenny for so long and how this is all Marvin Tomlin's doing. LOL....you can't win.

He seemed to trust what he saw in his one full game without Canada.

Kurt Warner has a great analysis of that game against the Bengals on YouTube.

I've obviously never played QB in the NFL, but I imagine there are similarities to other professions in that if you do not have confidence in what you're being asked to do and how to go about it, your performance is going to suffer.

In terms of the big picture, Rudolph playing as well as he did before Kenny recovered from his injury might have been the worst thing that could have happened, as it prevented the Steelers from getting an extended look at Kenny without Canada calling the plays.

Maybe he still would have sucked, but we'll just never know. It will be interesting to see what happens if he wins the backup job in Philly and Jalen Hurts gets injured.

Steelers fans might not like what they see, especially if the Wilson experiment isn't working out.

BOOM!
Screenshot-2024-03-16-16-01-32.png

He seemed to trust what he saw in his one full game without Canada.

Kurt Warner has a great analysis of that game against the Bengals on YouTube.

I've obviously never played QB in the NFL, but I imagine there are similarities to other professions in that if you do not have confidence in what you're being asked to do and how to go about it, your performance is going to suffer.

In terms of the big picture, Rudolph playing as well as he did before Kenny recovered from his injury might have been the worst thing that could have happened, as it prevented the Steelers from getting an extended look at Kenny without Canada calling the plays.

Maybe he still would have sucked, but we'll just never know. It will be interesting to see what happens if he wins the backup job in Philly and Jalen Hurts gets injured.

Steelers fans might not like what they see, especially if the Wilson experiment isn't working out.
True. Very true, anything can happen. I just think it's highly unlikely Pickett becomes anything but a backup.

In the 2 years KP had been with the Steelers. He was injured 5 times and 2 were concussion's. I think this guy might be injury prone. I am not a fan of a QB that has to wear gloves every game regardless of weather conditions. I believe they can cause errand passes. I don't see a whole lot of upside to KP.

The most important thing to remember is players(pro bowl players) on this team made contact with Russell Wilson to convince him to come here....that's all you need to know about the belief in Pickett by those who really know what goes on with the team. Case closed.

He's Russell Wilson, and Kenny has yet to show much to this point.

The likes of Heyward want to win now and would no doubt prefer the proven commodity, but that still does not automatically mean the Steelers made the correct decision to alienate Kenny and move on from him before just his third season.

I know other teams had rightly moved on from 1st round round QBs after just a year or two, but that does not necessarily mean the Steelers are right here.

I also do not have much faith in the Steelers assessment of their QBs on the roster, given it took them forever to give Rudolph a shot while Trubisky was making Kenny look like Joe Montana.