• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

Khan is not Colbert
Colbert was a lackey
Exactly.
Colbert and Captain Cool Shades always said they agreed on all personnel matters.
With this new aggressiveness I gotta think that Shades now has less input. One thing I can tell for sure about Shades is that he is one of those people who hates change.

Right here. Soneone who gets it. And if Kenny improved. Maybe just maybe he could have outlasted Tomlin. Tom Brady could not have won a championship with Tomlin. Not the current full control one anyhow.
He refused to dress as the 3rd QB. He cancelled a workout with the Steelers WRs after the Wilson signing. He was unhappy and wanted out. He had the wrong attitude. The right thing to do would have been to get a chip on his shoulder and compete. I really thought he had better character.

Yes, there are pictures of him as a teenager with an Eagles jersey. The deal of it for me is I am not a Kenny hater or a worshipper of him. He had a terrible TD to Pick ratio at Pitt, he continued that with the Steelers, and he acts like a brat. Those are facts.

If you can't compete against one man how are you going to lead a team in competition against another team? We got rid of two brats in him and Drops Johnson....Trippin Pickens better grow up fast and work hard on routes with Russ because as we all know Wilson likes to extend plays much like Ben.

If he doesn't work hard he might end up with the Commanders or Panthers and then quickly on to the trash heap of NFL receiver history...LOL.

I read somewhere that Pickett also has the worst TD to passing attempts ratio IN THE HISTORY of the NFL.....I don't think we lost much.

Oh I definitely agree with all of that. I don't think he was good enough to be drafted first round talent. Not that the NFL hasn't seen a majority of college superhero's quarterbacks flop after being drafted in the top 3 .

I'm not sure he's as bad as what he's shown, but in two years, I can't even come to a full conclusion on the guy. He's on the wrong team if he can't toughen up and handle anything that goes with the job.

The passing offense and OC have been pure trash for 3+years. There's just no polishing that turd. I generally want all draft picks to succeed, but you have to help yourself and earn it.

I suppose it was wishful thinking that they would hit a homerun on the first try after Ben. I'm back down to earth now.

The bottom line for me is always the team and seeing them get back on top. I don't care if everyone has to go, coaches included. If you're not part of the solution willing to do whatever, then you're part of the problem and you got to go.

Not that I have any control over any of it.
I'm probably most upset that they pissed away a first round draft pick on a guy gone in two years.

That could have been a C,OT or CB. damn it..lol.

He refused to dress as the 3rd QB. He cancelled a workout with the Steelers WRs after the Wilson signing. He was unhappy and wanted out. He had the wrong attitude. The right thing to do would have been to get a chip on his shoulder and compete. I really thought he had better character.
Just read this from Dulac. After Wilson was signed, KP cancelled an out of town workout with the WRs that was scheduled for the next day. Sound like a kid who was up for the competition or more like a kid that was pouting/throwing a hissy fit?

The thing that gets me about the Pickett supporters is have they ever thought what the tiny statistical probability is/was that you would strike gold twice in a row? I mean some thought that after Ben you were easily getting a Joe Burrow type elite QB(and yes, some on other websites believed that.)

The only times I can recall that happening was Montana/ Young and Farve/ Rodgers. I think all the Steelers management was hoping for was a serviceable journeyman.... and dude couldn't even pull that off.
.. the chargers drafted rivers immeadiately after drafting Brees

The colts got Luck right after Manning.. but yeah, its rare you get a great player to replace a great player

Exactly.
Colbert and Captain Cool Shades always said they agreed on all personnel matters.
With this new aggressiveness I gotta think that Shades now has less input. One thing I can tell for sure about Shades is that he is one of those people who hates change.

Refusal to change is a death sentence in the NFL. You can't do the same **** over and over. That lack of change is why they can not move forward. The biggest sin is not implementing enough variables to adapt in game.

If you look at how many years defenses have stacked the line vs the Steelers, it tells you they've been running the same **** over and over no matter what.

The gamelan is pretty easy after a while because the Steelers don't change **** in season. The playbook and selection has been a joke. They're either lazy or stubborn.

You're not going to beat out the top teams who are actually scheming you. Even more so when you provide no element of surprise, no deviation from plan, same ****.

Think I'm don't venting for a few months now..lol

What did they do to Rudolph and Pickett?

They gave Rudolph a job last year when nobody else was interested. They gave Pickett 25 starts. Neither is entitled to anything.
They lied to both of them. I can agree that neither is entitled to anything, but I would at least expect my employer to be honest with me about my standing and role with the team. On the surface it appears they weren’t honest with several players in that regard. I think it’s a bad look.

And how are you feeling about Russ' character. Considering they ate 30 some million of cap to have him not play.

Learn from Wilson for a year and compete.
Wilson will likely only be here for a year anyway. 1) He’ll be 36 and 2) In 2025 he’ll cost a lot more.

Interesting take on the Wilson in Denver situation. I noticed that nothing is mentioned about his character, a lot about his style of play and how it lead to some big plays and big losses. I also see it mentioned that Payton didn't necessarily see himself as "wedded" to Wilson and was itching to see what Stedham could do since he wanted to draft him to N.O. when he was HC there.

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/sean-payton-never-liked-russell-wilson-rumor

You're not going to beat out the top teams who are actually scheming you. Even more so when you provide no element of surprise, no deviation from plan, same ****.
Belicheat showed up with the worst team he’s had in decades and beat us handily.

You cannot evaluate a pro QB that has only played in a sub pro offense you just cannot. It's all interlinked. It's like let's evaluate Russ on his win loses last two years. Let's do that then.
11-19 friend. He was brought into that organization because they felt he had everything else in place. So tell me what is his excuse?

Name me the QBs in the last 20 years who were terrible in 20+ starts and then magically developed to become a great QB.

They lied to both of them. I can agree that neither is entitled to anything, but I would at least expect my employer to be honest with me about my standing and role with the team. On the surface it appears they weren’t honest with several players in that regard. I think it’s a bad look.
The lies being what?

He's Russell Wilson, and Kenny has yet to show much to this point.

The likes of Heyward want to win now and would no doubt prefer the proven commodity, but that still does not automatically mean the Steelers made the correct decision to alienate Kenny and move on from him before just his third season.

I know other teams had rightly moved on from 1st round round QBs after just a year or two, but that does not necessarily mean the Steelers are right here.

I also do not have much faith in the Steelers assessment of their QBs on the roster, given it took them forever to give Rudolph a shot while Trubisky was making Kenny look like Joe Montana.
I wonder how much input Smith is having as the QB has to fit his system. In other words Smith might have had major influence in bringing in Wilson and of course bringing in Fields as well.

While more talented, Wilson/Fields has the chance to fail more spectacularly as well. It feels like either the Steelers will do pretty well this year at QB or finish well under .500 for the first time under Tomlin....which could lead to another new QB.

While more talented, Wilson/Fields has the chance to fail more spectacularly as well. It feels like either the Steelers will do pretty well this year at QB or finish well under .500 for the first time under Tomlin....which could lead to another new QB.
I would still draft a QB. Fill that room up...

And how are you feeling about Russ' character. Considering they ate 30 some million of cap to have him not play.
No, that’s not what happened. If Wilson was still on the Broncos roster 4 days into the 2024 season year, his $37 million 2025 salary would become guaranteed. THAT is why the Broncos released him.

Well, the entire league had the same opinion on Pickett given the return.
Doesn’t change MY OPINION.

As we have just seen, the Steelers traded away a QB with a winning record, that they feel has underperformed his contract. I get it, but it would not have been handled that way by me. They then expended Draft capital to secure the rights to ANOTHER QB who has underperformed his contract. That QB is a turnover machine, which Tomlin ABSOLUTELY HATES. So basically they got rid of one bad QB for ANOTHER bad QB, and paid to do it.

I am onboard with the Wilson signing, not because I believe he is the answer, but because he would be competition at a BARGAIN BASEMENT price. I don’t know that I agree with the signing of Fields, as I see no value from him.

I do know that a certain segment of the team’s fans (and posters here) will be overjoyed that the ethnicity of the QB’s are now no longer white. Why that actually matters to some, I have no idea, but I never have understood racists anyway. If it gives them some satisfaction, I hope it makes them happy. We shall see if it pays dividends for the team going forward.

Oh I definitely agree with all of that. I don't think he was good enough to be drafted first round talent. Not that the NFL hasn't seen a majority of college superhero's quarterbacks flop after being drafted in the top 3 .

I'm not sure he's as bad as what he's shown, but in two years, I can't even come to a full conclusion on the guy. He's on the wrong team if he can't toughen up and handle anything that goes with the job.

The passing offense and OC have been pure trash for 3+years. There's just no polishing that turd. I generally want all draft picks to succeed, but you have to help yourself and earn it.

I suppose it was wishful thinking that they would hit a homerun on the first try after Ben. I'm back down to earth now.

The bottom line for me is always the team and seeing them get back on top. I don't care if everyone has to go, coaches included. If you're not part of the solution willing to do whatever, then you're part of the problem and you got to go.

Not that I have any control over any of it.
I'm probably most upset that they pissed away a first round draft pick on a guy gone in two years.

That could have been a C,OT or CB. damn it..lol.

GREAT post Steelr4evr and thanks for all your great ones along the way. Well said.

Salute the nation

I would still draft a QB. Fill that room up...

Me too, fill that room up and know neither Russ or Fields are the long term answer.

Salute the nation