• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

We will see. Maybe he ate some humble pie

Keep in mind, that we are ONLY paying him 1.2 million and sure as hell hope they are looking at short term.

His contract is so friendly, that they could cut him mid-season.

Salute the nation

Belicheat showed up with the worst team he’s had in decades and beat us handily.

Out coached Tomlin his entire career.

Salute the nation

I do know that a certain segment of the team’s fans (and posters here) will be overjoyed that the ethnicity of the QB’s are now no longer white. Why that actually matters to some, I have no idea, but I never have understood racists anyway. If it gives them some satisfaction, I hope it makes them happy. We shall see if it pays dividends for the team going forward.
I posted a screen shot to that effect from a FB group but one of the mods took it down.
They’re gonna be kinda disappointed if the Steelers don’t even make the playoffs next season, which there is a very good chance of. We only lucked out this year because Burrow got hurt. If everyone stays healthy this season it will be a struggle to finish better than third in the division.

Last edited:
Keep in mind, that we are ONLY paying him 1.2 million and sure as hell hope they are looking at short term.

That’s why I think he’ll only be here for one season. In 2025 they’ll have to pay him real money.

Doesn’t change MY OPINION.

As we have just seen, the Steelers traded away a QB with a winning record, that they feel has underperformed his contract. I get it, but it would not have been handled that way by me. They then expended Draft capital to secure the rights to ANOTHER QB who has underperformed his contract. That QB is a turnover machine, which Tomlin ABSOLUTELY HATES. So basically they got rid of one bad QB for ANOTHER bad QB, and paid to do it.

I am onboard with the Wilson signing, not because I believe he is the answer, but because he would be competition at a BARGAIN BASEMENT price. I don’t know that I agree with the signing of Fields, as I see no value from him.

I do know that a certain segment of the team’s fans (and posters here) will be overjoyed that the ethnicity of the QB’s are now no longer white. Why that actually matters to some, I have no idea, but I never have understood racists anyway. If it gives them some satisfaction, I hope it makes them happy. We shall see if it pays dividends for the team going forward.
Sigh...I think I'll go back an hibernate for a couple more weeks. Totally uncalled for (bolded comment).

That’s why I think he’ll only be here for one season. In 2025 they’ll have to pay him real money.

I hope it’s only one year, unless he signs dirt cheap again.

I hope like ****, we don’t pay an old washed up QB what he perceives as market value.

Salute the nation

Sigh...I think I'll go back an hibernate for a couple more weeks. Totally uncalled for (bolded comment).
Nah, I'm interested in knowing who on this board has ever complained about the QB of the Steeler's race. Like, put a name on it and back it up with a quote. Otherwise, he's just talking out the side of his neck and dog whistling.

The lies being what?
That there would be a competition for the starting role. Come on. I know you like to argue for the sake of arguing, but that isn’t a secret. It’s been well publicized.

They told Rudolph there would be a competition. There wasn’t. They told Pickett he was QB1. Then they told him he would compete with Wilson. Then they told him Wilson would be the starter.

As we have just seen, the Steelers traded away a QB with a winning record, that they feel has underperformed his contract. I get it, but it would not have been handled that way by me. They then expended Draft capital to secure the rights to ANOTHER QB who has underperformed his contract. That QB is a turnover machine, which Tomlin ABSOLUTELY HATES. So basically they got rid of one bad QB for ANOTHER bad QB, and paid to do it.

I am onboard with the Wilson signing, not because I believe he is the answer, but because he would be competition at a BARGAIN BASEMENT price. I don’t know that I agree with the signing of Fields, as I see no value from him.

And by the same token many are disappointed that they are no longer white. Those two situations are what happens when you live vicariously through other people and you are a racist. I only care about winning.

I just wanted to see him play with a competent OC. Does this apply to Justin Fields too?

The difference is that Fields has shown flashes of high level play. Kenny never has. Fields was seen as a project. Kenny was sold as a ready to play pocket passer. Kenny was awful from the pocket. No pocket awareness and terrible accuracy. Fields at least shows that sparks that warrants giving him time.

Kenny is like fixing up a 86 Ford Taurus. Even if you put in the work to get it to peak condition, you end up with a Ford Taurus.

That there would be a competition for the starting role. Come on. I know you like to argue for the sake of arguing, but that isn’t a secret. It’s been well publicized.
So… Rudolph should have been the starter? Pickett finished the 2023 preseason with a perfect passer rating! And you like to accuse the FBI of staging mass shootings, eat **** *****.
They told Rudolph there would be a competition. There wasn’t. They told Pickett he was QB1. Then they told him he would compete with Wilson. Then they told him Wilson would be the starter.
FFS, so Pickett won the starting job at Rudolph’s expense? They said there would be competition. Pickett was fine with that until Wilson became the competition. Please provide a source where the Steelers named Wilson the starter.

Nah, I'm interested in knowing who on this board has ever complained about the QB of the Steeler's race. Like, put a name on it and back it up with a quote. Otherwise, he's just talking out the side of his neck and dog whistling.
You know Steel,I’ve got to fully agree with you here. You make that type of blanket statement,show some ******* balls and name some names. Gotta say …..little disappointed in MT-Forged here.

Salute the nation
I mean at 1.2 million he was an absolute no brainer. You absolutely worry he will hit a cliff at 36, but you risk little with this contract

And by the same token many are disappointed that they are no longer white. Those two situations are what happens when you live vicariously through other people and you are a racist. I only care about winning.
That is my whole point, why does the color of someones skin matter in regards to anything? There are those on both sides, or even many sides that just won’t let it go for some reason. If you want to hate someone, get to know them, i’m sure you can come up with a better reason to do it.

The difference is that Fields has shown flashes of high level play. Kenny never has. Fields was seen as a project. Kenny was sold as a ready to play pocket passer. Kenny was awful from the pocket. No pocket awareness and terrible accuracy. Fields at least shows that sparks that warrants giving him time.

Kenny is like fixing up a 86 Ford Taurus. Even if you put in the work to get it to peak condition, you end up with a Ford Taurus.
Here is to hoping you are right. He will have to quit being a turnover machine to take the steps to greatness.

stop acting like you are som officionado ,,, youre not. Sit down and watch like the rest of us.

Exactly.
Colbert and Captain Cool Shades always said they agreed on all personnel matters.
With this new aggressiveness I gotta think that Shades now has less input. One thing I can tell for sure about Shades is that he is one of those people who hates change.
Great minds always want a dissenting opinion in the room
a second set of eyes, show me what I'm missing guy.

Tomlin not so much a fan of other great minds/dissenting opinions in the room, from what I've seen he loves a good "yes man".

I'm very impressed with what Khan and Weidl have been doing as far as not resting on their laurels and following the status quo. Obviously, all the moves won't pan out as they are making several, but I most definitely applaud the effort to do better.

I would still draft a QB. Fill that room up...
Need 3 QBs and the two we have on roster cost pretty much the exact same same Pickett/T-biscuit without giving away draft capital
All just a clever smoke screen for when Khan selects the new franchise QB, they'll never see it coming!!! Khan artist

I don't really think they'll take one early, but I wouldn't rule it out either in 1st-3rd depending how the draft shakes out. These two could just be Khan setting up the future to not get rushed into action while Russ and Fields try to keep us competitive this year on their rental deals. There are several mid-late round QBs that could be interesting developmental players with Travis, Pratt, Rattler and Milton all having some interesting attributes.

So… Rudolph should have been the starter? Pickett finished the 2023 preseason with a perfect passer rating! And you like to accuse the FBI of staging mass shootings, eat **** *****.

FFS, so Pickett won the starting job at Rudolph’s expense? They said there would be competition. Pickett was fine with that until Wilson became the competition. Please provide a source where the Steelers named Wilson the starter.
Please show me where I ever said that Rudolph should have been the starter outside of the last three games of last season and the playoff game. All I said is they were lied to. They were. I don’t know where you get the other stuff. But, since you asked…….

It was reported earlier this week that "Wilson was going to have to earn everything, including beating out former first-rounder Kenny Pickett for the starting job." However, NFL Network insider Ian Rapoport (h/t Nick Shook) said on Friday afternoon that the Steelers indicated Wilson "would be the starter rather than have a competition with Pickett this summer.

"It appears that decision led to a trade of the former first-round pick," Rapoport added. Pryor noted that "Wilson was viewed less as a competitor and more likely as the starting quarterback" in Pittsburgh.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...rom_steelers_russell_wilson/s1_13132_40115564

Last edited:

By draft value charts they didn't really give up draft capital to trade Kenny and bring in Fields and the salary for Wilson/Fields is almost same as Pickett/Trubisky was.
The move up this year is 54 points and the 2 7ths next year for a 6th basically a wash.
They ended up netting draft chart value by trading Pickett for Fields, they also netted themselves a boatload of fumbles in the deal.

Even as a staunch "KFP is not the answer" guy I think I would've preferred KFP on 2 years + the possible option over Fields, but MY opinion doesn't mean jack squat with how Khan assembles the roster. Hopefully Fields upside shows up and he ends up being a far better option than what KFP was. Funny that the tiny handed guy didn't fumble nearly as much though, I guess being double jointed matters...maybe it was the double gloves?

By all accounts the lies and broken promises just paint Shades out to be a snake oil salesman. You could just watch a couple of his pressers and come to the same conclusion though. He has shown, if nothing else, great ability to mismanage a QB room.