• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

On the subject of the character of these 3 QBs.
Russel Wilson at least did the classy thing and posted a goodbye/thank you message to his ex-teammates, the Broncos team and the fans in Denver.
Justin Fields did the classy thing and posted a goodbye message to his ex-teammates, the Bears team and the fans in Chicago.
Maybe I just haven't seen it, but, I did Google it and .... Kenny Picket? Seems like crickets.

Years of bad leadership leads any organization to this type of stupid pie. Here we are. The bad leadership should have been ousted years ago. It's bad leadership that allows bad leadership to stay.

Adios KP8. Hello Wilson. What are you, Fields?

The fact that we debate so much just shows that the jury is still out on this team. None of us will be surprised at a 7-10 year, or a 13-4 year. It's just where this team is at but, until the leadership changes, we know what to expect - 9-8.

There has to be a Chuck Noll out there somewhere.

Years of bad leadership leads any organization to this type of stupid pie. Here we are. The bad leadership should have been ousted years ago. It's bad leadership that allows bad leadership to stay.

The fact that we debate so much just shows that the jury is still out on this team. None of us will be surprised at a 7-10 year, or a 13-4 year. It's just where this team is at but, until the leadership changes, we know what to expect - 9-8.

I don't know if or think that Mr. Noll would even want to deal with today's players. I think that today's coaches are handicapped by the attitudes and feelings of entitlement of the players and the way CBA/FA is handled.

Russel Wilson at least did the classy thing and posted a goodbye/thank you message to his ex-teammates, the Broncos team and the fans in Denver.
Justin Fields did the classy thing and posted a goodbye message to his ex-teammates, the Bears team and the fans in Chicago.
Maybe I just haven't seen it, but, I did Google it and .... Kenny Picket? Seems like crickets.
As far as I know, after Wilson was signed KP cancelled a planned workout with the WR’s in Florida and went off the grid.
The team did him a disservice by keeping Canaduh but just the same, if you want to be the bonafide starter then play better.
In Philly he’ll be the #2 for sure unless Hurts gets hurt.

Pickett had put up a picture of him getting an Eagles jersey for Christmas as a kid. Then a caption of Go Birds.

There's your goodbye and thank you.

Great minds always want a dissenting opinion in the room
a second set of eyes, show me what I'm missing guy.

Tomlin not so much a fan of other great minds/dissenting opinions in the room, from what I've seen he loves a good "yes man".

I'm very impressed with what Khan and Weidl have been doing as far as not resting on their laurels and following the status quo. Obviously, all the moves won't pan out as they are making several, but I most definitely applaud the effort to do better.

Definately not sitting still, and I’m more and more sure it’s with Art2 blessings.

I think we will see a more ”FREE” OC this season as well.

Salute the nation

Out cheated Tomlin his entire career.

Salute the bacon

Definitely enjoy the reminder, that part I just thought was natural knowledge.

Salute the nation

Pickett had put up a picture of him getting an Eagles jersey for Christmas as a kid. Then a caption of Go Birds.

There's your goodbye and thank you.

I never really liked his attitude from day one. His body language as how he carried himself always made me think he was A CAKE Eater, and didn’t seem to think he had to work at anything. That was contradictory to all the reports of him being a hard worker / study. Maybe it was an entitlement of his, for all his hard work?

Salute the nation

Even a less than Noll, but a more than mediocre, would be welcomed.

Salute the nation

I'm very impressed with what Khan and Weidl have been doing as far as not resting on their laurels and following the status quo. Obviously, all the moves won't pan out as they are making several, but I most definitely applaud the effort to do better.
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.

I was thinking the same thing this morning. For anyone questioning the reports on attitude, something as simple as this goes a long way for positive PR and puts doubts on the truths to those stories. Pickett did none of that.

I wanted him to be the answer here, but instead it was two painful years of offensive football with poor QB play. Only one full good game in 25 played and zero TD passes in that game. As Tape said, Pickett didn’t show any flashes that he was going to be great, let alone good.

Ok you don't have to be a tin foil hat conspiracy theorist to figure this one out. When they traded for Justin Fields Tomlin personally called peacock Wilson and told him he was the starter. Most of you believe Fields is better than Pickett. So there is no bloody way they signed Wilson for a QB competition. That was a lie. Kenny said you are a bunch of ******* liars. I want out.

Yeah it's done. A couple good moments for his time here. The raiders and ratbirds wins is all I'll remember.

Yeppers, if for some way he turns into the greatest ever, it will just be another Shade’s failure and hopefully shades is gone by that time.

NOT HI-jacking this thread, but I don’t think Tomlin is here another 3 years. I actually think this is a make or break year for him.

Salute the nation

Cause he got a 3rd and a couple 7ths for a 1st round Qb who's played 25 games plus a fourth. Yeah that is awesome.
Because Kenny was a third round graded prospect that Colbert reached on and Khan turned that into any draft picks.

And by the same token many are disappointed that they are no longer white. Those two situations are what happens when you live vicariously through other people and you are a racist. I only care about winning.
I should edit that to say "when people live vicariously" and when "when people are racist" I was not directing that at MT ~Forged. I know 99.9% will know that, but someone will come and flame me for it:ROFLMAO:

Oh I definitely agree with all of that. I don't think he was good enough to be drafted first round talent. Not that the NFL hasn't seen a majority of college superhero's quarterbacks flop after being drafted in the top 3 .

I'm not sure he's as bad as what he's shown, but in two years, I can't even come to a full conclusion on the guy. He's on the wrong team if he can't toughen up and handle anything that goes with the job.

The passing offense and OC have been pure trash for 3+years. There's just no polishing that turd. I generally want all draft picks to succeed, but you have to help yourself and earn it.

I suppose it was wishful thinking that they would hit a homerun on the first try after Ben. I'm back down to earth now.

The bottom line for me is always the team and seeing them get back on top. I don't care if everyone has to go, coaches included. If you're not part of the solution willing to do whatever, then you're part of the problem and you got to go.

Not that I have any control over any of it.
I'm probably most upset that they pissed away a first round draft pick on a guy gone in two years.

That could have been a C,OT or CB. damn it..lol.
I hear you. They were desperate with Ben gone and Mason not panning out. I think everyone wanted Kenny to succeed, it's just highly unlikely to win the lotto twice in a row.

I posted a screen shot to that effect from a FB group but one of the mods took it down.
They’re gonna be kinda disappointed if the Steelers don’t even make the playoffs next season, which there is a very good chance of. We only lucked out this year because Burrow got hurt. If everyone stays healthy this season it will be a struggle to finish better than third in the division.
Your prediction may come true, but remember our foes lost players as well.

To take his defense one last time, sort of, the fans in Pittsburgh turn on you quickly and some of the stuff said by fans about him has to be hard to take, particularly for a whiny *** ***** Gen Zer.

He'll do it as soon as someone tells him his behavior makes him look like an A-hole. Just like moving that heater over to Mason was damage control.

The problem with Kenny is he never had a single game that showed potential. He had throws. He had drives. But there wasn’t a single game that you could say he was going to be “the guy.” I haven’t seen enough to say he can’t be a starter BUT if you look at his body of work I would say his trajectory looks like a career backup and spot starter. Teddy Bridgewater is probably his ceiling. If I were to guess his career I would say Ty Detmer type guy. Nothing wrong with that kind of guy just still a waste of a first round pick.

Now lets look at Russ. He has 3 total seasons with less than 26 touchdowns. And he has 1 season with more than 11 interceptions. So let’s take out the 40 and 35 touchdown years and the 13 interception season. We can project a 26-30 touchdown season. Not shabby. And if he has 8-10 interceptions that’s a very good ratio. For yards he’s averaging 232 yards a game. So if he’s healthy all season that is 3,900-4,000 yards. Again, way better than we have had the last couple years. Well, minus the three games at the end of 2023. With that type of play at the quarterback position and with Harris and Warren being our two headed monster at running back I am very optimistic about 2024. We just need our studs like Watt, Fitz, Pickens to stay healthy and I feel we have a very good chance at the AFC north.

As far as I know, after Wilson was signed KP cancelled a planned workout with the WR’s in Florida and went off the grid.
The team did him a disservice by keeping Canaduh but just the same, if you want to be the bonafide starter then play better.
In Philly he’ll be the #2 for sure unless Hurts gets hurt.
And if that happens, God help Kenny; those Philly fans will eat him alive if he plays anywhere like he did in Pgh. He hasn't seen anything yet.