• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

As far as I know, after Wilson was signed KP cancelled a planned workout with the WR’s in Florida and went off the grid.
The team did him a disservice by keeping Canaduh but just the same, if you want to be the bonafide starter then play better.
In Philly he’ll be the #2 for sure unless Hurts gets hurt.
I wouldn’t say he’s guaranteed the backup spot. Tanner McKee is light years more talented. I would say Pickett has a leg up with his experience but is far from a lock to be the backup or even make the team. If philly drafts a guy late and McKee beats Kenny out then the Eagles could go with a cheaper option at #3.

I wouldn’t say he’s guaranteed the backup spot. Tanner McKee is light years more talented. I would say Pickett has a leg up with his experience but is far from a lock to be the backup or even make the team. If philly drafts a guy late and McKee beats Kenny out then the Eagles could go with a cheaper option at #3.
Only "pedigree" could make Kenny #2, it sure as hell won't be garnered on talent. Kenny is the worst 1st-round QB I am aware of.

I'd be shocked if Kenny doesn't make the team. The Eagles aren't going to trade for a quarterback with that much starting experience just to turn around and cut him after one training camp. And since the Steelers are on the hook for Kenny's signing bonus, his hit against Philly's 2024 cap is less than $2 mill. So even if he's the third QB, which I doubt, that's still a reasonable number for them.

I'd be shocked if Kenny doesn't make the team. The Eagles aren't going to trade for a quarterback with that much starting experience just to turn around and cut him after one training camp. And since the Steelers are on the hook for Kenny's signing bonus, his hit against Philly's 2024 cap is less than $2 mill. So even if he's the third QB, which I doubt, that's still a reasonable number for them.
It depends whether he throws another fit for being the privileged sh-- he was in Pgh. What an F--ing crybaby beeeiitch.

It depends whether he throws another fit for being the privileged sh-- he was in Pgh. What an F--ing crybaby beeeiitch.
Well, even Kenny should know enough to assume that there is no way on God's green earth that he is going to unseat Jalen Hurts as the Eagles' starting QB. So maybe his attitude will improve. Hard to say for certain without knowing the full story, but the Steelers dropped him like a hot potato for a reason.

Well, even Kenny should know enough to assume that there is no way on God's green earth that he is going to unseat Jalen Hurts as the Eagles' starting QB. So maybe his attitude will improve. Hard to say for certain without knowing the full story, but the Steelers dropped him like a hot potato for a reason.
You never know about injuries; Kenny could fill in and establish himself as a valued QB moving forward to when he's a free agent, but I doubt it. Everrrything I've seen from him indicates he sucks.

You never know about injuries; Kenny could fill in and establish himself as a valued QB moving forward to when he's a free agent, but I doubt it. Everrrything I've seen from him indicates he sucks.
Yeah, I was hoping for a lot more from the guy myself. Liked the pick at the time, but I was wrong about Kenny. And I have to say, I'm really encouraged to see that they've decided to move on with alacrity from a high draft pick failure -- I can't remember that happening under Colbert.

Contract situation affects value don't forget that
Yes they do. Fields has to be decided about option now and unless something happens to Eagles will be in exact same spot next year. I wonder what the Vikings would give the Steelers for Fields right now? But that kinda dirty pool cuts the Chicago fleecing line.

PIckett salty as Hell ! The Steelers are dead to him. My how life changes.

kennypickett8

Thank you, Pittsburgh! I came to this city 7 years ago and my life changed forever. Grateful for all of the amazing people I was fortunate enough to cross paths with, and for all of those who supported me along the way. I made life-long friendships and relationships that I will always cherish. Now, I am honored and excited for the next opportunity in my career - being able to play for the team that helped me find my love for the game as a kid. Go Birds!! 🦅

1h

And if that happens, God help Kenny; those Philly fans will eat him alive if he plays anywhere like he did in Pgh. He hasn't seen anything yet.
As bad as Pickett was, he still got the loudest cheer when the offense got announced at home games. The fans wanted him to succeed and were very tolerant given how awful the offense was to watch the past couple of years...which is hard to believe was worse than previous years.

Depends if they have their top 3 qbs on the team or if they draft someone late. Yeah, a million isn’t a ton of savings but it is a consideration. Also, how Kenny acted when he was demoted to emergency QB might play a factor. They might not want that locker room cancer and if the rook and Kenny are pretty comparable maybe they keep the guy who is grateful for a roster spot. Not the guy who whined when his teammate, who showed nothing but respect to him even when he beat Kenny and Mitch out in 2022, got his chance and flourished in his opportunity.

You would think he’d have been happy for that guy. I mean if not for that Mason probably is buried on our roster again this year and not getting an opportunity to be the starter in Tennessee.

The Pittsburgh Steelers wrecked Kenny Pickett. They threw him in too early. They had a ******** OC. The line fluxed the entire time he was there. Then they lied to him after the season. I'm a Steelers fan. I cheer for whoever wears the colors. But I'm no Tomlin nut hugger. If I was him I'd tell them to go **** themselves too.

The Pittsburgh Steelers wrecked Kenny Pickett. They threw him in too early. They had a ******** OC. The line fluxed the entire time he was there. Then they lied to him after the season. I'm a Steelers fan. I cheer for whoever wears the colors. But I'm no Tomlin nut hugger. If I was him I'd tell them to go **** themselves too.
I'm right there with you. They put him in a position to fail and then lied to him. I can't stand the Tomlin regime but love the Steelers. I'm stuck.

kennypickett8

Thank you, Pittsburgh! I came to this city 7 years ago and my life changed forever. Grateful for all of the amazing people I was fortunate enough to cross paths with, and for all of those who supported me along the way. I made life-long friendships and relationships that I will always cherish. Now, I am honored and excited for the next opportunity in my career - being able to play for the team that helped me find my love for the game as a kid. Go Birds!! 🦅

1h
So some of y'all were bitching that he didn't post a good bye, now he posts one and you're still bitching at him. It's clear no matter what Kenny had done he wasn't ever going to win with some of y'all, damned if he does damned if he doesn't. I can tell you from experience, the toxic one in the relationship is the one still screaming and insulting the person walking out the door and packing their car to leave. Fans and local media got what they wanted, he's gone, he's left, he's out the door and driving off, and y'all are still hurling insults and **** at him. And he's the salty one.......holy **** these last 2 years have been very revealing of Steelers fans, can't wait until we turn on our new shiny toys at QB. Pathetic

Only "pedigree" could make Kenny #2, it sure as hell won't be garnered on talent. Kenny is the worst 1st-round QB I am aware of.
JeMarcus Russell ... but only on work ethic. Dude literally ate and lazied himself out of the league. But, he had more talent than Kenny.
Ryan Leaf ... Probably also on work ethic. Maybe a worse attitude also.

kennypickett8

1h
Btw I'm not necessarily saying you specifically, just saw this post to use as an example

So some of y'all were bitching that he didn't post a good bye, now he posts one and you're still bitching at him. It's clear no matter what Kenny had done he wasn't ever going to win with some of y'all, damned if he does damned if he doesn't. I can tell you from experience, the toxic one in the relationship is the one still screaming and insulting the person walking out the door and packing their car to leave. Fans and local media got what they wanted, he's gone, he's left, he's out the door and driving off, and y'all are still hurling insults and **** at him. And he's the salty one.......holy **** these last 2 years have been very revealing of Steelers fans, can't wait until we turn on our new shiny toys at QB. Pathetic
That the guy wouldn't stay and compete...was afraid he would end up the backup, then acts like a baby and runs off to be A BACKUP...tells you everything about his character. No one promised him anything as far as being the starter.

Those are all just rumors, and for all we know Tomlin may have told him that he would be #1 then Art 2 stepped in and said ENOUGH! We are bringing in a vet, we need to win now...Kenny will have to prove he's a 1.

Either way if you can't compete against one man how are you going to lead a team in competition against others?

We've had our share of people who can't behave like adults: AB, Bell, DJ, Ju Ju(although ju ju is not a bad guy) We need adults who are mentally tough and as much as I wanted Kenny to succeed, he ain't that.

kennypickett8

1h
Interesting that he didn't mention his former teammates in that post. Maybe a little more heat to the smoke signals that KP was not well-liked in the lockerroom.

While the Steelers didn't set him up for success, particularly with Matt Canada, Pickett also did nothing to help himself. Instead, he allowed his biggest weaknesses coming out of college to be fully exposed: running himself into pressure and 3 years of starting without throwing TDs. If Pickett was going to be the QB the Steelers needed him to be, we would've seen signs over his 25 games played. We didn't. As much as you can blame the situation, that sits squarely on the player.

To take his defense one last time, sort of, the fans in Pittsburgh turn on you quickly and some of the stuff said by fans about him has to be hard to take, particularly for a whiny *** ***** Gen Zer.

It goes with the territory. People are ******** Personally I'd never have social media and I'd pretty much turn off the TV or I'd get a family member to run it and I'd never be involved.

Most of the quarterbacks for the Steelers have had to deal with nasty stuff over the years.

Bradshaw probably had it the worst for years early on and then at the very end of his career after winning 4 superbowls, they cheered when he got hurt. That's what he remembered most.

What he didn't realize was for every turd cheering his demise, three times as many did not.

I think it worked out pretty well for him in the long run.

kennypickett8

1h

I don't think it's salty. He's from New Jersey and was a lifelong Eagles fan.

It would be no different if some Pittsburgh boy who grew up a diehard Steelers fan, got a chance to come home and play for his childhood team.

All good. Adios. I have no ill will, but if the Steelers ever play him I'm pulling for about 10 sacks,2ints,a pick six and a fumble scoop and score.

Of course I root for stuff like that every week no matter who they play.

While the Steelers didn't set him up for success, particularly with Matt Canada, Pickett also did nothing to help himself. Instead, he allowed his biggest weaknesses coming out of college to be fully exposed: running himself into pressure and 3 years of starting without throwing TDs. If Pickett was going to be the QB the Steelers needed him to be, we would've seen signs over his 25 games played. We didn't. As much as you can blame the situation, that sits squarely on the player.
I did. I think they win the same 10 games if he doesn't get hurt as they did last year. Just different games. I think they will win the same 10 games this year as they would have with him. And I feel he would have progressed this year with an OC not named Canada. IF they get Fields name on a reasonable contract beyond 2024 I think all the moves are good. I think Fuelds has as much potential as Pickett. If not its another phoney play for a wild card chip and a chair.

The other thing they did that totally screwed him was his first year in the Jets loss. Remember when the palms were on the ground in Jerusalem. He played fast and loose but got tricked into a couple picks. Then the cuffs went on. Instead of letting him be what he was they cuffed him and he got rid of the picks. They should have let him be him but used his work ethic to learn.

I did. I think they win the same 10 games if he doesn't get hurt as they did last year. Just different games. I think they will win the same 10 games this year as they would have with him. And I feel he would have progressed this year with an OC not named Canada. IF they get Fields name on a reasonable contract beyond 2024 I think all the moves are good. I think Fuelds has as much potential as Pickett. If not its another phoney play for a wild card chip and a chair.
Pickett could've been better if they hired a real OC rather than Canada, however, maybe he is Daniel Jones and the Steelers end up signing him for too much and for too long. They may have dodged a long-term bullet with Pickett's historically low touchdown %. As a Pitt and Pickett fan, I wanted him to be the guy and I was excited when we drafted him. We got two years of some of the worst offensive football I've ever watched from this team. I really don't know what to expect from either Wilson or Fields, I just do believe they'll put more points on the board, and I give Khan credit for adding players at a minimal cost.