• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

Pickett could've been better if they hired a real OC rather than Canada, however, maybe he is Daniel Jones and the Steelers end up signing him for too much and for too long. They may have dodged a long-term bullet with Pickett's historically low touchdown %. As a Pitt and Pickett fan, I wanted him to be the guy and I was excited when we drafted him. We got two years of some of the worst offensive football I've ever watched from this team. I really don't know what to expect from either Wilson or Fields, I just do believe they'll put more points on the board, and I give Khan credit for adding players at a minimal cost.
They had one more year to decide his option. All I wanted.

Kenny is the worst 1st-round QB I am aware of.
We all acknowledge the hate, but in the last 20 years, Joey Harrington, Matt Leinhart, Brandon Weeden, Brady Quinn, J P Losman, Christian Ponder, all 1st round picks and most in the top 10. Pickett's gone, I wish him well, but you'll never convince me that without a competent OC and an offensive line, that granted was offensive most of the year, that he was given any chance of exceeding. All we can do was speculate what was said, but to basically give away your starting QB with 2 years left on his rookie contract, he had to have made reference to Tomlin's or Khan's mother.

Canada had a vanilla and no imagination offense. That said Pickett missed wide open receivers time and time again. That’s on him. I don’t see Russell Wilson being beat out by Pickett and I’m certain Pickett new he had absolutely no chance at beating out an established veteran like Russ. He ran with his tail between his legs. I’m actually happy we can move on. It only took two years of horrible quarterback play and I honestly thought I would have to endure at least 4 years of watching Pickett dump it down, or scramble into sacks while George Pickens runs wide open all over the field. So I’m happy I only have to endure 2 years of this. Now a better coach would have started Mason over Mitch and Kenny two years ago and maybe Kenny would have had a better chance to develop. Guess we’ll never know. I do know Russ is at least solid and Fields has actually showed that he could be “the guy.” Something Kenny never did. Look at Fields vs Denver then Washington last year. 🔥

Good bye, good luck, good riddance.

The Pittsburgh Steelers wrecked Kenny Pickett. They threw him in too early. They had a ******** OC. The line fluxed the entire time he was there. Then they lied to him after the season. I'm a Steelers fan. I cheer for whoever wears the colors. But I'm no Tomlin nut hugger. If I was him I'd tell them to go **** themselves too.
Agreed,,,,they put him on the field way too early....

I told this story before----I was at that game....it was ridiculous the way the fans booed Mitch after his freakin first incompletion and chanted for Kenny...

Then when he came in the yinzers cheered almost as loud as when Polamula intercepted Flacco in the championship game!

I actually felt a touch of embarrassment for the way the fans reacted...

I knew it was too early....and then to top it off Zach WIlson outplays Kenny in the forth quarter and wins the game..

Bad day at the confluence.....

It was probably the worst Steeler game experience I ever had....and it had to be my daughters first game she attended..

Agreed,,,,they put him on the field way too early....

I told this story before----I was at that game....it was ridiculous the way the fans booed Mitch after his freakin first incompletion and chanted for Kenny...

Then when he came in the yinzers cheered almost as loud as when Polamula intercepted Flacco in the championship game!

I actually felt a touch of embarrassment for the way the fans reacted...

I knew it was too early....and then to top it off Zach WIlson outplays Kenny in the forth quarter and wins the game..

Bad day at the confluence.....

It was probably the worst Steeler game experience I ever had....and it had to be my daughters first game she attended..
But even that difficult loss he showed something good that got taken away. The gunslinger mentality was beat out of him. The coach is throwing darts at boards to win 9 or 10. I wonder how long it will take fans to turn on douchy Russ.

JeMarcus Russell ... but only on work ethic. Dude literally ate and lazied himself out of the league. But, he had more talent than Kenny.
Ryan Leaf ... Probably also on work ethic. Maybe a worse attitude also.
Even those bums showed more talent before they were sent packing.

I don't even know why they picked this dude up. He can run. That's about it. I went digging for youtube clips and ran into a bunch of Fields Sucks videos.
Obviously they picked him up because of his pedigree
Obviously

And a fairly cheap Qb3 to run the scout team (give the mobile QB look in practice)

I would never cheer for anyone against the Steelers but I truly hope Kenny has a long and successful career with at least one ring he has played as starter. Some of you are complete morons. If you wanna see ****. Devin Bush. That is the epitome of a bust. Maybe KP will too. But God some of you are judas losers.

I'm right there with you. They put him in a position to fail and then lied to him. I can't stand the Tomlin regime but love the Steelers. I'm stuck.
It's harder and harder to like this team. It's now made in Tomlin's image and it's terrible the way the QB situation was handled the past 3 years.

Well who else fits in the name one qb in the last 20 years who was terrible in his first 20 starts......Justin Fields. Terrible.
Not exactly Justin Credible so far.

I would never cheer for anyone against the Steelers but I truly hope Kenny has a long and successful career with at least one ring he has played as starter. Some of you are complete morons. If you wanna see ****. Devin Bush. That is the epitome of a bust. Maybe KP will too. But God some of you are judas losers.
A willy, a whacker, a shish boom backer!

And some others (not mentioning any names) are becoming really annoying whiny little bltches crying about the Steelers trading away a disgruntled guy who is #335 on a list of 335 qualifying quarterbacks in the touchdown percentage department.

Bush actually had a very good rookie season. Kenny has yet to have a good game. Glad we moved on now instead of watching him miss wide open George Pickens or scramble out of clean pockets into sacks for two more seasons.

That said whatever his career ends up being is on him. If he becomes great good for him. If he’s out of the league in 3 years then good luck. Doesn’t matter to me like Bush doesn’t matter to me. That’s their problem not ours .

Pickett sucked, I asked in another post, and I'll ask here, name one thing he ever did that made him look like a potential franchise QB? A legit franchise QB is going to do some things that are special no matter who the OC is, no matter what the Oline does, so stop with those excuses for him. He wasn't a good QB.
Don't bring up the come back vs LV and Balt in 2022, our offense scored 6 points and 9 point with Pickett as QB in those games up until the final drives in those games, lucky the defense held those offenses down the entire game.