• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

Pickett sucked, I asked in another post, and I'll ask here, name one thing he ever did that made him look like a potential franchise QB? A legit franchise QB is going to do some things that are special no matter who the OC is, no matter what the Oline does, so stop with those excuses for him. He wasn't a good QB.
Don't bring up the come back vs LV and Balt in 2022, our offense scored 6 points and 9 point with Pickett as QB in those games up until the final drives in those games, lucky the defense held those offenses down the entire game.
its kinda difficult to say anyone did anything well or even slightly near average under Canada's offense. So that's a never-ending loop.

I’m curious if Pickett has reflected on the likelihood of eventually starting with the Steelers was a lot better than eventually starting with the Eagles. He has forfeited that opportunity to Justin Fields and if he wants to be a starter in the league he has to hope for some significant playing time to spark interest from what will be his third NFL team. Otherwise, he’s likely to be another backup journeyman.

its kinda difficult to say anyone did anything well or even slightly near average under Canada's offense. So that's a never-ending loop.
He missed a ton of open WR's and had zero pocket presence. And he has an ego for some reason, like he shouldn't have to earn anything and a **** attitude for a guy that has accomplished zero in the NFL.

I’m curious if Pickett has reflected on the likelihood of eventually starting with the Steelers was a lot better than eventually starting with the Eagles. He has forfeited that opportunity to Justin Fields and if he wants to be a starter in the league he has to hope for some significant playing time to spark interest from what will be his third NFL team. Otherwise, he’s likely to be another backup journeyman.
It probably did, but he's a damn baby, can't take the competition so he took his ball and went home, you don't want a QB that has that childish attitude.

I think he is in a better situation with the Eagles than the Steelers .....He was going to be a back up here anyways and now he might get coached up in Philly.

It probably did, but he's a damn baby, can't take the competition so he took his ball and went home, you don't want a QB that has that childish attitude.
What are your thoughts on when Harrison took his ball and went home? I was really critical of him when it happened. Not anymore as you see how Tomlin consistently lies to the players. Let's some of them get away with any and everything while others not at all. Our HC has no player management skills what so ever. Amazing how things get leaked out to help the front office look good. ABs **** show was covered up for years. When it helped the FO look better things seem to leak out.

I think he is in a better situation with the Eagles than the Steelers .....He was going to be a back up here anyways and now he might get coached up in Philly.
he'll never see any meaningful playing time unless Hurts is injured. He's even older than Hurts. He'll make a lot of money carrying a clipboard for a few years.

Kenny signed a contract. It didn't guarantee that he would be starting. Nobody knows what Tomlin may or may not have told him, but I doubt he unequivocally promised that he would be a starter, particularly after he didn't even finish the season as the starter. He's got a job with another team. This isn't a tragedy.

What are your thoughts on when Harrison took his ball and went home? I was really critical of him when it happened. Not anymore as you see how Tomlin consistently lies to the players. Let's some of them get away with any and everything while others not at all. Our HC has no player management skills what so ever. Amazing how things get leaked out to help the front office look good. ABs **** show was covered up for years. When it helped the FO look better things seem to leak out.
I'm in total agreement when it comes to Tomlin, it's past time that he should be gone.

Seems like the Rooneys use the local media like the intelligence services use WashPo and Newsweek. I have no doubt that they leak stuff out to get ahead of things and frame things in a way most favorable to them.

I go back to that story last year about the altercation between Minkah and DJ? We found out about it 6 days after the fact and from the national media and not the locals. Why was State Media silent?

Another way to look at it is Tomlin got a HOF level of performance out of AB, while other coaches couldn't even get him to stay fully dressed on the field.
Lol.....he creates the monster by letting AB do as he pleased while keeping all of ABs **** over up....it killed the team first lockerroom culture we had here. Then the FO lets free stories of the bad side of AB. Everything came to a head. We let AB go and now Tomlin in your eyes somehow should be propped up. And in the end we won nothing we AB. At least AB had a HOF type of career. Right? Smh

he'll never see any meaningful playing time unless Hurts is injured. He's even older than Hurts. He'll make a lot of money carrying a clipboard for a few years.
Agreed. It is still better than being in the **** show we have going on here with this team being led by Tomlin. Who knows what Tomlin is telling players in a closed room atmosphere. Tells one guy one thing and then the next the opposite. Then when **** starts flying back to him hitting Tomlin in the face they leak stories out to the media to save face. We have seen it time and time again.

Its not difficult to say Pickett couldn't go past a first read. His anemic scoring led him to being benched for a guy who had a career splinter in his ***, and then was outplayed by him. I'm not a huge fan of flipping through players like this but ultimately what is best for the team is improving upon what we previously accomplished. Barely able to score 20 points, getting our defensive players injured because the offense could never sustain drives and backing into the playoffs isn't good enough.

Will Wilson give us a chance to compete for another ring? **** I don't know. I didn't watch him in Denver so I have no feel for how much he has regressed from the QB that won 1 and should've won another SB in Seattle. Fields is the ultimate wild card. If Wilson struggles or gets hurt, we will see Fields. There's an argument to be made that we may see Fields in special packages anyways.

We bitched about Tomlin not adjusting his ways and it appears he is adjusting, although it took wasting the latter half of Ben's career to do so.

Its not difficult to say Pickett couldn't go past a first read. His anemic scoring led him to being benched for a guy who had a career splinter in his ***, and then was outplayed by him. I'm not a huge fan of flipping through players like this but ultimately what is best for the team is improving upon what we previously accomplished. Barely able to score 20 points, getting our defensive players injured because the offense could never sustain drives and backing into the playoffs isn't good enough.

Will Wilson give us a chance to compete for another ring? **** I don't know. I didn't watch him in Denver so I have no feel for how much he has regressed from the QB that won 1 and should've won another SB in Seattle. Fields is the ultimate wild card. If Wilson struggles or gets hurt, we will see Fields. There's an argument to be made that we may see Fields in special packages anyways.

We bitched about Tomlin not adjusting his ways and it appears he is adjusting, although it took wasting the latter half of Ben's career to do so.
Do you think it is Tomlin adjusting or do you think it is Khan? There's still no contract extension for Tomlin and part of me thinks he isn't married to him and he doesn't want to commit another 2-3 years under his regime. He is pulling out the stops getting him a vet QB and a guy with immense potential. He is in a sense taking away all the excuses we have heard about Tomlin the last 8 years. Could be wrong but I have hope that either Tomlin proves his worth or is following Pickett to another team after the season.

Do you think it is Tomlin adjusting or do you think it is Khan? There's still no contract extension for Tomlin and part of me thinks he isn't married to him and he doesn't want to commit another 2-3 years under his regime. He is pulling out the stops getting him a vet QB and a guy with immense potential. He is in a sense taking away all the excuses we have heard about Tomlin the last 8 years. Could be wrong but I have hope that either Tomlin proves his worth or is following Pickett to another team after the season.
Oh this is definitely Khan but from what I understand AR2 has ceded some decision making to Danny Rooney and this may just be the younger generation stepping up to replace his old man. We still have deficiencies on the roster that need addressed but this leave no stone unturned approach is refreshing. Now whether or not it works.....TBD.

I will acknowledge Tomlin finally **** canning Canada, although way too late and then going outside for a true OC. They aren't sitting still and hoping the old ways will continue to work. I do like that.

This is AR2 finally having enough bullshit, Tomlin fully endorsed Pickett after the season, said the 2024 starting QB is on the roster. Tomlin is a master word-smith, if he though Pickett wasn't going to be here, he'd have talked his way around that question, just like he did when asked why Mason wasn't listed as #1 on the depth chart. Kahn is more of a numbers guy, rather a football/personnel guy. I think this is mostly AR2 saying make something happen.

When a “HOT” good looking chick is walking away from you, and you look back at her——- that is called hind-sight.

Salute the nation

He's already made a lot with a 14 million dollar contract being fully guaranteed.

Life lotto. Easy money.

To us, that is a lifetime———- but most of these athletes will go through that in about 3-6 years.

Salute the nation

I don't even know why they picked this dude up. He can run. That's about it. I went digging for youtube clips and ran into a bunch of Fields Sucks videos.
If they would have spent a fortune in draft or player choices I would agree with you. But it will be a 6th in 2025. I think that’s worth the chance For risk/reward. We’ve been screaming for some change. Kahn will not hit on every move….but he’s not being complacent. Time will tell of corse, I like this version of GM. Someone had to do something……..

I can handle a team losing if they give that effort,have a vision…….go forward.
It’s that complacent let’s wait far too long and see BS that drives me nuts. And I know there is a fine line. A player needs time to develop. The Canada situation left a very bad taste in my mouth. Anyone could see he was not the answer after his first season. The Oline was deteriorating Pounceys second to last season and certainly by the time David retired. Any nitwit could see it. Vision.
I could go on and on. Lack of vision is what has held this team back for years. Kahn has sat quietly in the background. Id say we are a better team than last year. Moving forward. Go get that WR Omar.

Seems like the Rooneys use the local media like the intelligence services use WashPo and Newsweek. I have no doubt that they leak stuff out to get ahead of things and frame things in a way most favorable to them.

I go back to that story last year about the altercation between Minkah and DJ? We found out about it 6 days after the fact and from the national media and not the locals. Why was State Media silent?

“Protecting my Billion dollar investment”

Salute the nation