• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

But even that difficult loss he showed something good that got taken away. The gunslinger mentality was beat out of him. The coach is throwing darts at boards to win 9 or 10. I wonder how long it will take fans to turn on douchy Russ.
It won’t take long at all if he plays like ****. You know it. If Fields plays like **** the fans will turn on him too. You know it.

Oh this is definitely Khan but from what I understand AR2 has ceded some decision making to Danny Rooney and this may just be the younger generation stepping up to replace his old man. We still have deficiencies on the roster that need addressed but this leave no stone unturned approach is refreshing. Now whether or not it works.....TBD.

I will acknowledge Tomlin finally **** canning Canada, although way too late and then going outside for a true OC. They aren't sitting still and hoping the old ways will continue to work. I do like that.

Tomlin didn’t just come up with the idea of canning O’Canada on his own. I think he was force fed and responded with keeping his own job.

When Art2 came into Mike’s office unannounced and sat down, it was at that point Tomlin became a yes man.

Salute the nation

I would never cheer for anyone against the Steelers but I truly hope Kenny has a long and successful career with at least one ring he has played as starter. Some of you are complete morons. If you wanna see ****. Devin Bush. That is the epitome of a bust. Maybe KP will too. But God some of you are judas losers.
Good lord. You are starting to sound like FordFairlane with Rudolph. Everyone has their opinions.
Judas losers? Get a ******* grip man.

And some others (not mentioning any names) are becoming really annoying whiny little bltches crying about the Steelers trading away a disgruntled guy who is #335 on a list of 335 qualifying quarterbacks in the touchdown percentage department.

When a “HOT” good looking chick is walking away from you, and you look back at her——- that is called hind-sight.

Salute the nation
I’m getting old. Sometimes I look back at non hot chicks too. I gotta be careful. Getting older and looking back that often gives me a sore neck.

Tomlin didn’t just come up with the idea of canning O’Canada on his own. I think he was force fed and responded with keeping his own job.

When Art2 came into Mike’s office unannounced and sat down, it was at that point Tomlin became a yes man.

Salute the nation
I would hope it was a mutual decision but Tomlin does not have a history of hiring great coordinators save for the ones he inherited from Cowher.

Bush actually had a very good rookie season. Kenny has yet to have a good game. Glad we moved on now instead of watching him miss wide open George Pickens or scramble out of clean pockets into sacks for two more seasons.

That said whatever his career ends up being is on him. If he becomes great good for him. If he’s out of the league in 3 years then good luck. Doesn’t matter to me like Bush doesn’t matter to me. That’s their problem not ours .
I've watched Devin Bush play as closely as I've ever seen a player. I will be honest I couldn't go back to his rookie season. All zi know is something or someone cleaned up for him. You don't suddenly stop taking a gap because you had ACL surgery.

Many of the criticisms of Pickett were overstated, especially in comparison to the majority of early career qbs... but he was a total idiot forcing a trade to the eagles... i get they were his favorite team... but the offense they run is heavy on shotgun spread and that is his weak spot... however his stats in play action and under center were outstanding... and we should be moving more towards that...

I've watched Devin Bush play as closely as I've ever seen a player. I will be honest I couldn't go back to his rookie season. All zi know is something or someone cleaned up for him. You don't suddenly stop taking a gap because you had ACL surgery.
Yep, it was like he got hurt and decided he didn't want to be aggressive anymore. It is like he plays not to get hurt. Maybe he should grow out that rat tail he had as a rookie.

Im not a nurse, I am the environmental services director in charge of maintenance, laundry and housekeeping.
I woulda just said I'm a nurse.

Ceiling of 11 wins with Wilson according to some dumb ****. He has wagered his savings because he knows the outcome

Please make a place where we can pin the predictions of the mentally feeble.

Yep, it was like he got hurt and decided he didn't want to be aggressive anymore. It is like he plays not to get hurt. Maybe he should grow out that rat tail he had as a rookie.
Agreed....

And one could say...that the same is happening with Kenny..

After he found out the NFL "hurts"...he became antsy and very tentative in the pocket, which destroyed his game.

That the guy wouldn't stay and compete...was afraid he would end up the backup, then acts like a baby and runs off to be A BACKUP...tells you everything about his character. No one promised him anything as far as being the starter.

Those are all just rumors, and for all we know Tomlin may have told him that he would be #1 then Art 2 stepped in and said ENOUGH! We are bringing in a vet, we need to win now...Kenny will have to prove he's a 1.

Either way if you can't compete against one man how are you going to lead a team in competition against others?

We've had our share of people who can't behave like adults: AB, Bell, DJ, Ju Ju(although ju ju is not a bad guy) We need adults who are mentally tough and as much as I wanted Kenny to succeed, he ain't that.
Confirmed now that Kenny Pickett does not possess a sack. Like I said I am not a Kenny hater, but I will say I'm very glad he's gone after hearing this from Dulac.

This is AR2 finally having enough bullshit, Tomlin fully endorsed Pickett after the season, said the 2024 starting QB is on the roster. Tomlin is a master word-smith, if he though Pickett wasn't going to be here, he'd have talked his way around that question, just like he did when asked why Mason wasn't listed as #1 on the depth chart. Kahn is more of a numbers guy, rather a football/personnel guy. I think this is mostly AR2 saying make something happen.
What about when ARll used pretty much the same words about Kenny after the season? Wasn’t that an endorsement? I mean they both committed to Kenny and claimed there would be competition for him.
I think they weren’t able to discuss Wilson or Fields at that time because of tampering rules. But, I believe they fully intended to make a run at either of them or any other QB that became available that they viewed as an upgrade. Khan said it himself when he said it was his job to look at all positions for upgrades. In that sense, I believe they all lied about being “fully committed” to Pickett.
However, at the end of the season, for a bunch of reasons, it didn’t make sense, nor was it good strategy, to admit they wanted better/different.

Stop pretending you know how many games Steelers win this season. Stop pretending you're more capable and knowledgeable than the guys who do this for a living. "Ceiling of 11" from the Sofa Genius. Floor of 9.. nonsense

Confirmed now that Kenny Pickett does not possess a sack. Like I said I am not a Kenny hater, but I will say I'm very glad he's gone after hearing this from Dulac.

that was a good listen - a reasonable insight on events vs. much of the speculation I have seen. thanks for posting.

I’m curious if Pickett has reflected on the likelihood of eventually starting with the Steelers was a lot better than eventually starting with the Eagles. He has forfeited that opportunity to Justin Fields and if he wants to be a starter in the league he has to hope for some significant playing time to spark interest from what will be his third NFL team. Otherwise, he’s likely to be another backup journeyman.
Watching his answer to how he exited Pittsburgh today makes it seem like zero regrets. He seems bitter and, IMO, very little accountability for his own performance as to why he wasn't going to be the starter.
Seems like the Rooneys use the local media like the intelligence services use WashPo and Newsweek. I have no doubt that they leak stuff out to get ahead of things and frame things in a way most favorable to them.

I go back to that story last year about the altercation between Minkah and DJ? We found out about it 6 days after the fact and from the national media and not the locals. Why was State Media silent?
Looking at the Pickett story, these things only get out if the Steelers want it to, and they keep a lot silent. Whatever happened, they must've been tired of something that was going on with Pickett.
If they would have spent a fortune in draft or player choices I would agree with you. But it will be a 6th in 2025. I think that’s worth the chance For risk/reward. We’ve been screaming for some change. Kahn will not hit on every move….but he’s not being complacent. Time will tell of corse, I like this version of GM. Someone had to do something……..

I can handle a team losing if they give that effort,have a vision…….go forward.
It’s that complacent let’s wait far too long and see BS that drives me nuts. And I know there is a fine line. A player needs time to develop. The Canada situation left a very bad taste in my mouth. Anyone could see he was not the answer after his first season. The Oline was deteriorating Pounceys second to last season and certainly by the time David retired. Any nitwit could see it. Vision.
I could go on and on. Lack of vision is what has held this team back for years. Kahn has sat quietly in the background. Id say we are a better team than last year. Moving forward. Go get that WR Omar.
Yes, he won't hit on everything, but the moves he's making have sound logic. Now, I don't always think they're cohesive in terms of exactly what the staff wants to do, but there is an overall vision there from Khan. Very quickly he's also shown that he isn't willing to admit a mistake and move on very quickly.

Canada was a disaster from the start. Never should've been hired.
Agreed....

And one could say...that the same is happening with Kenny..

After he found out the NFL "hurts"...he became antsy and very tentative in the pocket, which destroyed his game.
I wish I could find the quote when he talked about hits in the NFL hurting more than college. I think that's why he's always had happy feet, he doesn't want to get hit because it hurts. He has a pretty slight frame for an NFL QB and when you're getting hit by those mammoth defenders it's going to hurt. Basically the opposite of when defenders used to bounce off Ben.

Stop pretending you know how many games Steelers win this season. Stop pretending you're more capable and knowledgeable than the guys who do this for a living. "Ceiling of 11" from the Sofa Genius. Floor of 9.. nonsense
Coach Shades’ ceiling is 11 wins and a first round playoff loss no matter who his QB is. It’s simply as good as he knows how to be.

It goes with the territory. People are ******** Personally I'd never have social media and I'd pretty much turn off the TV or I'd get a family member to run it and I'd never be involved.

Most of the quarterbacks for the Steelers have had to deal with nasty stuff over the years.

Bradshaw probably had it the worst for years early on and then at the very end of his career after winning 4 superbowls, they cheered when he got hurt. That's what he remembered most.

What he didn't realize was for every turd cheering his demise, three times as many did not.

I think it worked out pretty well for him in the long run.

I don't think it's salty. He's from New Jersey and was a lifelong Eagles fan.

It would be no different if some Pittsburgh boy who grew up a diehard Steelers fan, got a chance to come home and play for his childhood team.

All good. Adios. I have no ill will, but if the Steelers ever play him I'm pulling for about 10 sacks,2ints,a pick six and a fumble scoop and score.

Of course I root for stuff like that every week no matter who they play.

By not once mentioning the Steelers, he was salty. But I think he has a right to be.

By not once mentioning the Steelers, he was salty. But I think he has a right to be.

I tend to agree with that assumption to some extent, but winning in the playoffs next season will cure everything. Anything less than that is unacceptable. As it should be.